Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Graal Discussion (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lets Talk About Laggers (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39050)

TomatoPanda 05-24-2017 01:52 PM

Lets Talk About Laggers

I believe every server has problems with laggers and i realize people cant "help it" but its getting redickeless how op it is for some people with their lag. In my opinion laggers should not be aloud to tower or base cause it affects everybody else gameplay in a negative way and makes it unfair. Same for spar, eathier they need to get a better connection or lose privelages in graal its 2017 theres no excuss why you shouldnt be able to have internet rn good enough for graal.

Give your opinions and ideas.

Vendetta 05-24-2017 02:06 PM

Some people just don't live near the server. Would be stupid to stop them from participating in pretty much the only enjoyable activities because they don't live near America.

Shmegg 05-24-2017 02:09 PM

Quote:

Posted by Vendetta (Post 783122)
Some people just don't live near the server. Would be stupid to stop them from participating in pretty much the only enjoyable activities because they don't live near America.

Yeah, I can't see them alienating a large marjority of their playerbase from most of the available activities. It isn't a good business decision.

Eugeen 05-24-2017 03:28 PM

If you can't stand that lag plays a huge part in gameplay then you simply shouldn't play graal

Blu 05-25-2017 01:25 PM

Quote:

Posted by Eugeen (Post 783131)
If you can't stand that lag plays a huge part in gameplay then you simply shouldn't play graal

I know it doesn't really apply to this but I hate it when a problem is addressed with "if you don't like it, don't play the game". That is the worst way to handle criticism.

TomatoPanda 05-25-2017 03:28 PM

Whats wrong with discriminating those that dont pay for better wifi ik location could be a problem but tough **** thats life we shouldnt have to suffer over the 10% and adapt our gameplay just so they can play. They should be forced to get better wifi or get their right to base and spar taken away. I dont see being laggy on other games being an advantage except for graal.

If they arn't even going to spend a few bucks on better wifi what makes you think their gonna make purchases for gralat packs on graal

Agonee 05-25-2017 03:51 PM

IMO it's easier to play with good WiFi than with worse, doesn't meant that some delayers would be as good as they're with delay.

Weeno 05-25-2017 05:51 PM

As a Hillary supporter I'm just gonna say what u just said was the most racist thing I have ever heard

Vendetta 05-25-2017 05:59 PM

Quote:

Posted by TomatoPanda (Post 783297)
Whats wrong with discriminating those that dont pay for better wifi ik location could be a problem but tough **** thats life we shouldnt have to suffer over the 10% and adapt our gameplay just so they can play. They should be forced to get better wifi or get their right to base and spar taken away. I dont see being laggy on other games being an advantage except for graal.

If they arn't even going to spend a few bucks on better wifi what makes you think their gonna make purchases for gralat packs on graal

Where did you pull 10% from? More than 50% of players are not from the US.

Fulgore 05-25-2017 06:51 PM

location-based discrimination, nice

But really this is just bad for the health of the game in general. Most of the time it isn't even that hard to deal with people who delay if you use your head even a little bit.

Void 05-25-2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

Posted by TomatoPanda (Post 783118)
I believe every server has problems with laggers and i realize people cant "help it" but its getting redickeless how op it is for some people with their lag. In my opinion laggers should not be aloud to tower or base cause it affects everybody else gameplay in a negative way and makes it unfair. Same for spar, eathier they need to get a better connection or lose privelages in graal its 2017 theres no excuss why you shouldnt be able to have internet rn good enough for graal.

Give your opinions and ideas.

Most canīt help it anyway, because they might live far away from the server and maybe even live in countries with a bad infrastructure, where good internet just isnīt accessible.
Since most Graal Players are children/teenagers, they canīt really just walk up to their parents and say 'mom, we need better internet bc iīm lagging in this one video game, where the servers are utter trash', not even factoring in that thereīs also a good portion that canīt afford to get better connection.

Itīs also an odd misconception that lag gives you and inherent 'advantage'.
I can say for myself that I wouldnīt consider my lag an advantage, because I actually have a hard time landing my hits/defending/attacking too.

All I have is a general feeling for how much I lag and how much I have to predict. But all that is in vain, once I spar somebody else with delay, because I have to not only consider my own lag/delay but also theirs and probably also the serverīs lag.

Of course there seem to be exceptions to these things, but there always are.
Pretty sure most people with delay/lag have the same problems that I do

In my opinion itīs those who run the server *cough* unixmad *cough* who should upgrade them, so lag is less prominent. The server lag is ridiculous sometimes

TL;DR: most ppl canīt help their lag/delay and probably canīt change it and playing with lag also kinda blows

Weeno 05-25-2017 09:14 PM

Cant there be a thing like "You cannot enter this tower you mudt have a latency of at least 60ms. Your latency:>9000"

Clown 05-25-2017 09:39 PM

Like others have stated, this will never happen simply because half the players that aren't close to the server are still playing the game despite their lag and providing bank for the big man.

In an easier way to understand how stupid it would be from a business perspective:
"Ok half my players don't want the other half who live away from the server to play the fun competitive parts because it ruins it for them, lets banish that other half. Ah, all of a sudden that half have stopped playing my game and generating income for my business."

What some people don't understand is that although it can be frustrating to fight against someone with a poor connection in comparison to your own, they have to deal with it to. They just seem better at kicking your ass because they're more adapted to playing with that delay.

Void 05-25-2017 09:40 PM

Quote:

Posted by Weeno (Post 783338)
Cant there be a thing like "You cannot enter this tower you mudt have a latency of at least 60ms. Your latency:>9000"

imagine playing an online game, with an international server and not being able to get the full experience of the game, just because you happen to be born on a continent far away from the server location

excluding people from experiencing the game, due to circumstances out of their power, is so wrong

not like the server capacity and stuff couldnīt be upgraded, to help fight the server lag

Clown 05-25-2017 09:49 PM

Quote:

Posted by Void (Post 783349)
not like the server capacity and stuff couldnīt be upgraded, to help fight the server lag

I'm sure we have ruled this possibility out a long time ago