Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Ol' West (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Farming Rework part 1 (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41519)

ihermes 07-10-2019 07:27 AM

Farming Rework part 1

Hello everyone, i will be discussing the changes to farming below.

As you all know farming is a job where you plant seeds on ol west, leave them, and then come back to harvest them.
The problem is that farming is now the main source of income on ol west with little to no drawbacks, with people making numerous alts and then ending up with tons of gralats.

We've added a few changes to farming that are as followed.
- We've currently restricted the amount of land you can have in your house, we now have it where you can only have 25 out at a time
-You will also have to sell your old garden to buy the new one (cost the same: 250)
-You are now required to water your plants to keep them alive,
you will have to buy a watering can for your crops
https://i.imgur.com/5bP01kh.png

-it is a one time use,
after being used you will be given an empty watering can
https://i.imgur.com/NYnBVVa.png

You can go to giant pools of water you can refill all your empty watering cans.
you will be prompt a message of how many watering cans were re-filled
https://i.imgur.com/Vpu7T2R.png

-If you go near your crops you will see a empty gui
https://i.imgur.com/dBa51y1.png

-Watering your plants will fill the gui
https://i.imgur.com/LDJxhk2.png

-And as time goes on the water will slowly drain
https://i.imgur.com/LGLeRuf.png

-If left empty your plants will start to get damaged and then become withered
https://i.imgur.com/ImQl1J5.png
you can still harvest withered crops and eat them but its not recommended.

IF YOUR CROPS ARE FULLY GROWN YOU ONLY HAVE 30 MINUTES BEFORE THEY WITHER, REGARDLESS OF THEIR WATER BAR

And one last change we included, to those that want to speed up their crops growth rate,
you can buy fertilizer for 250 Gralats
this will cut your crops wait time by 30%
https://i.imgur.com/DuyFR42.png

When you use fertilizer it will darken the soil and add a fertilizer icon near the water GUI.
This buff will stay on your crop till it is harvested.
https://i.imgur.com/VKeWQkW.png

We will add more changes in the future, i know its going to be different now that farming has a few drawbacks but the old one was just too over powered when it came to getting Gralats.
Farming shouldn't be something you get tons of Gralats for doing absolutely nothing.
We're open to ideas below.
I WILL BE POSTING CHANGES THROUGHOUT THIS THREAD

Scone 07-10-2019 08:10 AM

I’ve notice one big major flaw with this; the introduction of having to water it every ~8-9 minute means every other crop except blueberry would be useless to plant. The point of different crop is if you’re offline for a longer time you can earn more gralat by planting other crops, for example if you’re going to sleep you’d plant raspberry rather than tomato getting 1k instead of 480. But with water you have to be watering your plant every ~8-9 minute, and with blueberry being ready in 10 minute, the only logical crop to plant is blueberries because you would be waiting 10 minute on blueberry with only having to water it once then collect it rather than watering raspberry over 5 times to be collected when that could be 5 or more times of you collecting blueberries. This in turn makes all other crop except blueberries useless.

ihermes 07-10-2019 08:32 AM

Quote:

Posted by Scone (Post 826566)
I’ve notice one big major flaw with this; the introduction of having to water it every ~8-9 minute means every other crop except blueberry would be useless to plant. The point of different crop is if you’re offline for a longer time you can earn more gralat by planting other crops, for example if you’re going to sleep you’d plant raspberry rather than tomato getting 1k instead of 480. But with water you have to be watering your plant every ~8-9 minute, and with blueberry being ready in 10 minute, the only logical crop to plant is blueberries because you would be waiting 10 minute on blueberry with only having to water it once then collect it rather than watering raspberry over 5 times to be collected when that could be 5 or more times of you collecting blueberries. This in turn makes all other crop except blueberries useless.

yea, its hard to get others to want to plant other crops, i might increase the price of selling for other plants, or maybe increase the gathering for completing a crop

As for blueberry crops, thats a little bit tougher, since theyre a beginner crop. maybe i can increase the time a little bit so the water can affect them a little bit, i dont really want to change the price or gathering amount u get from them

Scone 07-10-2019 09:05 AM

Quote:

Posted by ihermes (Post 826567)
yea, its hard to get others to want to plant other crops, i might increase the price of selling for other plants, or maybe increase the gathering for completing a crop

As for blueberry crops, thats a little bit tougher, since theyre a beginner crop. maybe i can increase the time a little bit so the water can affect them a little bit, i dont really want to change the price or gathering amount u get from them

Maybe change it to where how long it takes until a crop is needed to be water again depends on the type of crops, so a crop that takes longer until harvest would deplete it’s water less.

ArchieIsHere 07-10-2019 06:23 PM

The new farming system is great, it will definitely prevent players from simply making alternative accounts to get rich fast.

But how are you planning to address those players that have previously exploited the old system? Although the new system is great, I believe it really presents a challenge for new players to become rich. As they’re now forced to work more compared to older players.

Aftermath 07-10-2019 08:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good update, just curious will old plots be force removed? Because I don’t want my cool glitched plot to disappear forever Attachment 27610

MasGio 07-10-2019 08:18 PM

Get ur ass back to gfx and let hoyt manager the server

Jk. Nice update

Gunz 07-10-2019 09:40 PM

Good thing I don’t farm

#Itunes #Supporter #Dodged a bullet

TomatoPanda 07-11-2019 12:47 AM

Good Job Wings. Nice to know you've been working on the server these past couple months probably for this now. Keep up the Quality content like this please! ^-^

ArchieIsHere 07-11-2019 01:15 AM

Hard to tell if you’re being sarcastic...

ihermes 07-11-2019 01:21 AM

Some changes we added

-You cant stack your gardens
-You have a chance at obtaining more crops than normal
(with blueberry crops the minimum is 14, now you have a chance to get 16)
-we fixed the duping watercan issue
- lowered the overall amount of water that is drained per second
-you can now see how many plots of land you have in your garden (we can make this an option if it gets annoying)

Changes i want to add later on

-will increase how many plots of land you can have out, will go from 25=> 35
-lower the crop timer for certain crops (the ones nobody uses)
-maybe buff the price of certain crops sell price
-have each plant have a different water usage (looking at u blueberry crops) so that some plants have to be watered at different times than others, like having pumpkins need less water than lets say blueberry crops

An npc that will tend your garden for you
this will be for VIP only, and will cost a crap ton to unlock, you also have to supply them with the supplies (watering cans, fertilizer)
it will not gather your crops but keep them hydrated or fertilized

i want farming to be something that people feel rewarded when doing, not 100k gralats but still profitable.
I believe the changes from farming had to be done, the overall state of farming was ruining the economy.
If theres any other ideas you want to see or think needs a change, please add below

Quote:

Posted by ArchieIsHere (Post 826577)
The new farming system is great, it will definitely prevent players from simply making alternative accounts to get rich fast.

But how are you planning to address those players that have previously exploited the old system? Although the new system is great, I believe it really presents a challenge for new players to become rich. As they’re now forced to work more compared to older players.

Farming isnt meant to get rich, its not even a job that has levels (mining,woodcutting) YET.
i see farming more as a side job, you plant you crops, water them, do what you have to do, come back, and gather. the old system never had any drawbacks and was being exploited because of it.
Sadly i dont think i have the right to punish those that took advantage of the old farming, if anything i blame the scripts because of how unbalanced it was.

Quote:

Posted by Aftermath (Post 826581)
Good update, just curious will old plots be force removed? Because I don’t want my cool glitched plot to disappear forever Attachment 27610

most likely yes :(
i can ask hoyt to only swap the furniture they have in their inventory so the ones u have as furniture wont be erased!

Aftermath 07-11-2019 01:30 AM

Please move the plot counter to a different place or the option to remove it because it’s pretty obnoxious. It goes through everything so If you’re zoomed out it covers sign text.

Also how much is “a crap ton”?

ihermes 07-11-2019 01:43 AM

Quote:

Posted by Aftermath (Post 826589)
Please move the plot counter to a different place or the option to remove it because it’s pretty obnoxious. It goes through everything so If you’re zoomed out it covers sign text.

Also how much is “a crap ton”?

yea i thought so, i'll look into having it be an option,
and the "crap ton".. well i can only guess since im not sure what i want the price to be.
maybe 50k?

Aftermath 07-11-2019 02:29 AM

And if possible, since some people aren't extremely active we could get phone notifications like “hey your crops are done you have 30 minutes to go harvest them”
Just to make it easier to work with the small time windows.
Don’t know how easy this would be though, since it’s dealing with stuff outside of graal and I’ve never gotten a notification from a graal game.

There also might be a problem with the farming assistant, rich players with multiple accounts could easily afford a helper for every account this just delays the problem instead of stopping it.. Maybe make it a milestone for “X crops planted” before you can hire one or something like that.

TomatoPanda 07-11-2019 03:30 AM

Quote:

Posted by ArchieIsHere (Post 826586)
Hard to tell if you’re being sarcastic...

Wasn't being sarcastic oof

ArchieIsHere 07-11-2019 03:33 AM

Since a lot of updates are being implemented to West, I want to recommend optimizing West for the iPhone XR, so it fits the screen size properly.

TomatoPanda 07-11-2019 03:48 AM

Having a slave to water your stuff for you would just defeat the purpose of the update wings even if you did make it cost 50k it wouldn't work. Have you guys thought about maybe just getting rid of the whole time system for something else? You guys could honestly turn farming into something like how pizza making is on era. The whole time thing is what's gonna screw it up.

If you need any ideas maybe make it so we have to use shovels first on the plots, then plant the seeds, then water the plots, then fertilizer can be used on plots for a chance for a higher amount of crops to grow and after a minute wait the crop could be ready to be picked up. If you did something like this though you would have to force sell EVERYBODYS CROPS and you would have to change how many of (crop) to grow at a time and the prices would need to be changed for everything. Basically a lot of balancing but that can easily be done with testing.

Having a job where it's just a waiting game isn't gonna work no matter how many more steps you add.

ihermes 07-11-2019 07:27 AM

Quote:

Posted by TomatoPanda (Post 826596)
Having a slave to water your stuff for you would just defeat the purpose of the update wings even if you did make it cost 50k it wouldn't work. Have you guys thought about maybe just getting rid of the whole time system for something else? You guys could honestly turn farming into something like how pizza making is on era. The whole time thing is what's gonna screw it up.

If you need any ideas maybe make it so we have to use shovels first on the plots, then plant the seeds, then water the plots, then fertilizer can be used on plots for a chance for a higher amount of crops to grow and after a minute wait the crop could be ready to be picked up. If you did something like this though you would have to force sell EVERYBODYS CROPS and you would have to change how many of (crop) to grow at a time and the prices would need to be changed for everything. Basically a lot of balancing but that can easily be done with testing.

Having a job where it's just a waiting game isn't gonna work no matter how many more steps you add.

Are you talking about the timer for plants growth? or water timer? or wither timer?

i'll reconsider the the farmer helper, but i do want to keep the timers. farming isnt something someone should constantly be attending to, farming is meant as a side job while you do other things and come back to having crops grown, its just u shouldnt be allowed to ignore it completely and expect profit.
i can add changes but removing the time limit isnt something i will consider

TomatoPanda 07-11-2019 09:35 AM

Quote:

Posted by ihermes (Post 826598)
Are you talking about the timer for plants growth? or water timer? or wither timer?

i'll reconsider the the farmer helper, but i do want to keep the timers. farming isnt something someone should constantly be attending to, farming is meant as a side job while you do other things and come back to having crops grown, its just u shouldnt be allowed to ignore it completely and expect profit.
i can add changes but removing the time limit isnt something i will consider

If that's the direction your going then I recommend at least cutting all the crops times to a 1 hour max cause nobody's gonna play the game 6 hours straight for watermelons. Maybe try to make it so players are forced to water their plants 5 times. So if the blueberrys take 10 minutes then you'll need to water them every 2 minutes. That being said for watermelons for example for a time of an hour then every 12 minutes a crop would need to be watered. By the way I've noticed that the crops don't die right away if they don't get water which I like but the crops timers should stop during the times they don't have water instead of still growing and after let's say 3-5 minutes of no water then the crops should die.

Going by a system where were forced to water 5 times each is a win-win cause then players that don't want to be tending their crops every 2 minutes could farm crops like in the case I made for watermelon every 12 minutes for an hour but since their not tending to them as often the reward could be less then someone tending to blueberrys for an hour straight of 6 cycles.

Imma play with some math and post how it would look like in a bit.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After some time this is what I came up with.

Crop Farming (Current Growth Times) Balance:
Cycle Number for Water: 5

Blueberry Seed: Needs water every 2 minutes. Takes 10 minutes to grow. Dies after 2 minutes without water.

Carrot Seed: Needs water every 3 minutes. Takes 15 minutes to grow. Dies after 3 minutes without water.

Wheat Seed: Needs water every 6 minutes. Takes 30 minutes to grow. Dies after 6 minutes without water.

Strawberry Seed: Needs water every 6 minutes. Takes 30 minutes to grow. Dies after 6 minutes without water.

Tomato Seed: Needs water every 9 minutes. Takes 45 minutes to grow. Dies after 9 minutes without water.

Rice Seed: Needs water every 12 minutes. Takes 1 hour to grow. Dies after 12 minutes without water.

Jalapeno Seed: Needs water every 12 minutes. Takes 1 hour to grow. Dies after 12 minutes without water.

Pumpkin Seed: Needs water every 24 minutes. Takes 2 hours to grow. Dies after 24 minutes without water.

Onion Seed: Needs water every 36 minutes. Takes 3 hours to grow. Dies after 36 minutes without water.

Corn Seed: Needs water every 48 minutes. Takes 4 hours to grow. Dies after 48 minutes without water.

Raspberry Seed: Needs water every hour. Takes 5 hours to grow. Dies after a hour without water.

Watermelon Seed: Needs water every 72 minutes. Takes 6 hours to grow. Dies after 72 minutes without water.

After some thinking I thought it would be best to just make the crops die after the same time it would take to water the plant since a 2 minute window isn't fair for those growing watermelon and etc. Also I figured keeping the growth times the same amount instead of a hour max would give the players more options to be flexible with.

Kate R. 07-11-2019 09:36 AM

Is there a specific time until the water drains completely?

GodzillaFire 07-12-2019 04:05 AM

Why not keeping the old farming system but making it to where every 1k hours you have you can buy another 10 plots for farming. Max being 60. Some of you might see issues with this and think players could just leave accounts online to afk to 6000 hours. Well to fix this issue you could just set up accounts to disconnect like on classic. If they don’t move after like 5 or 10 mins they wouldn’t gain the time they need if they were afking. This would also remove the ability for people to afk in base for gp. If you think this is unfair to the newer players then you could make it so players can only farm certain crops once or twice a day max.
Just my thought could be dumb.

ihermes 07-12-2019 04:47 AM

Quote:

Posted by TomatoPanda (Post 826600)
If that's the direction your going then I recommend at least cutting all the crops times to a 1 hour max cause nobody's gonna play the game 6 hours straight for watermelons. Maybe try to make it so players are forced to water their plants 5 times. So if the blueberrys take 10 minutes then you'll need to water them every 2 minutes. That being said for watermelons for example for a time of an hour then every 12 minutes a crop would need to be watered. By the way I've noticed that the crops don't die right away if they don't get water which I like but the crops timers should stop during the times they don't have water instead of still growing and after let's say 3-5 minutes of no water then the crops should die.

Going by a system where were forced to water 5 times each is a win-win cause then players that don't want to be tending their crops every 2 minutes could farm crops like in the case I made for watermelon every 12 minutes for an hour but since their not tending to them as often the reward could be less then someone tending to blueberrys for an hour straight of 6 cycles.

Imma play with some math and post how it would look like in a bit.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After some time this is what I came up with.

Crop Farming (Current Growth Times) Balance:
Cycle Number for Water: 5

Blueberry Seed: Needs water every 2 minutes. Takes 10 minutes to grow. Dies after 2 minutes without water.

Carrot Seed: Needs water every 3 minutes. Takes 15 minutes to grow. Dies after 3 minutes without water.

Wheat Seed: Needs water every 6 minutes. Takes 30 minutes to grow. Dies after 6 minutes without water.

Strawberry Seed: Needs water every 6 minutes. Takes 30 minutes to grow. Dies after 6 minutes without water.

Tomato Seed: Needs water every 9 minutes. Takes 45 minutes to grow. Dies after 9 minutes without water.

Rice Seed: Needs water every 12 minutes. Takes 1 hour to grow. Dies after 12 minutes without water.

Jalapeno Seed: Needs water every 12 minutes. Takes 1 hour to grow. Dies after 12 minutes without water.

Pumpkin Seed: Needs water every 24 minutes. Takes 2 hours to grow. Dies after 24 minutes without water.

Onion Seed: Needs water every 36 minutes. Takes 3 hours to grow. Dies after 36 minutes without water.

Corn Seed: Needs water every 48 minutes. Takes 4 hours to grow. Dies after 48 minutes without water.

Raspberry Seed: Needs water every hour. Takes 5 hours to grow. Dies after a hour without water.

Watermelon Seed: Needs water every 72 minutes. Takes 6 hours to grow. Dies after 72 minutes without water.

After some thinking I thought it would be best to just make the crops die after the same time it would take to water the plant since a 2 minute window isn't fair for those growing watermelon and etc. Also I figured keeping the growth times the same amount instead of a hour max would give the players more options to be flexible with.

dont you think 5 times is a bit much? i can see people giving up on blueberry crops if they have to water them 5 times in a row. what if instead we did it 3 times?
right now we dont plan on changing the withering time
but i can say i did change the crops water cycles
originally crops had a max water of 50 and the drain was .1, so the water meter would be depleted at 8.3 min
now i've added changed for crops by having players water them in a cycle of 3

Pumpkin
water 240 = 40 minutes until empty

rice
water 120 = 20 minutes until empty

corn
480 = 1 hour and 20 minutes until empty

strawberry
60 = 10 minutes until empty

jalapeno
120 = 20 minutes until empty

carrot
30 = 5 minutes until empty

blueberry
20 = 3.333333333333333 minutes until empty

watermelon
720 = 2 hours until empty

tomato

90 = 15 minutes until empty

wheat
60 = 10 miuntes until empty

onion
360 = 1 hour until empty

raspberry
600 = 1 hour and 40 minutes until empty

TomatoPanda 07-12-2019 05:03 AM

Quote:

Posted by ihermes (Post 826609)
dont you think 5 times is a bit much? i can see people giving up on blueberry crops if they have to water them 5 times in a row. what if instead we did it 3 times?

I was just using 5 times as an example it could be whatever you want. I was just thinking wings that blueberrys are the best crop atm so yes the players should have to constantly water them for the reward of getting the most gralats they could within the time they farm. If players want to wait and only want to water every 10 minutes instead then they should pick a different crop they would rather use.

I just think if you want to make it so for blueberrys we would only need to water them 3 times then all crops should only need to be watered 3 times to make it less complicated to players and easier for them to adapt to the system.

ArchieIsHere 07-12-2019 07:05 AM

When will “old” gardens be refunded? Or are they no longer being refunded?

Kate R. 07-12-2019 09:12 AM

Suggestion:
For the npc bot: Add a feature where the bot may send a message to the owner when the crop is ready to be harvested/ does the npc bot pick it up theirselves? Or maybe add another furniture where the crops will be putted by the npc bot,and there is a limit of crops that will be putted there.

ArchieIsHere 07-12-2019 04:41 PM

Push notifications sound like a good idea... ^^

Steena 07-13-2019 07:56 PM

In the farming shop, there is a memo placed above the garden plots that says to not sell the old gardens, and to wait for a refund tomorrow. Will it be an automatic refund that requires no additional action to sell the old gardens from the players? Also, is there a specific time that it's scheduled for? I feel like days have passed, but tomorrow never seems to come.

ArchieIsHere 07-16-2019 08:17 PM

Gotta wait a few months like always... :/

It’s sad to see how things will never change in West.

Aftermath 07-17-2019 03:19 AM

Yeah tomorrow is taking a long time

Wajanzki 07-17-2019 10:44 AM

please make crops tradable again :/

Steena 07-18-2019 03:45 PM

If you're unable to do an automatic refund for the old garden plots, can you just make it a full refund for that one furniture item so that players can just refund it from their furniture inventories themselves? An update to the memo in the garden shop that currently still states tomorrow, would also be nice. Many of us are still waiting and wondering. Thank you.

ihermes 07-18-2019 06:48 PM

Quote:

Posted by Steena (Post 826656)
If you're unable to do an automatic refund for the old garden plots, can you just make it a full refund for that one furniture item so that players can just refund it from their furniture inventories themselves? An update to the memo in the garden shop that currently still states tomorrow, would also be nice. Many of us are still waiting and wondering. Thank you.

yea thats pretty much what we did, you are now able to sell your old gardens for full price

Steena 07-19-2019 04:40 AM

Awesome! Thank you so much.

Kate R. 07-20-2019 04:54 AM

I heard something else will be added as a trading currency instead of crops? is this true?

ninja12 07-25-2019 01:08 AM

New Farming system is bad

I been playing Ol West for 1 year. I loved the game. I started farming after 6 months and had my main account farm and 3 other farm accounts. It was lots of work. You can't make money farming unless you have money to buy seed, take a lot of time harvesting and replanting seeds.

If you can earn a million worth of gralats by farming YOU EARNED IT! And isn't that the point? Hard work = Rewards.

The new system was started without any warning. Of course, I bet the admins had warning, didn't they? They had time to prepare and could adjust by dumping certain crops or not buying new plots, making sure they had their share of profits from farming while the rest of us were screwed over.

I don't want to bother arguing about changing back to the old farm system because the admins in charge obviously like controlling things and can't be convinced to change back.

And I'm not alone in the way I think about this. But I wish you'd at least refund all of the players back their gralats for seed they bought previous to the farm update. I don't need seed anymore, I'm not farming anymore. What's the point? it's now a system rigged to keep you online 24/7 for very little profit.

Funny thing is you know who got me started on farming? Admins, who boasted about havin 7-10 farm accounts. I really admired them for their hard work and advice. Seems like at least some of them made their millions though and didn't care about the rest of us who will just end up being poor suckers now that everything is rigged towards a slave economy.

RIP OL WEST!

Aftermath 07-25-2019 07:04 PM

Quote:

Posted by ninja12 (Post 826700)
I been playing Ol West for 1 year. I loved the game. I started farming after 6 months and had my main account farm and 3 other farm accounts. It was lots of work. You can't make money farming unless you have money to buy seed, take a lot of time harvesting and replanting seeds.

If you can earn a million worth of gralats by farming YOU EARNED IT! And isn't that the point? Hard work = Rewards.

The new system was started without any warning. Of course, I bet the admins had warning, didn't they? They had time to prepare and could adjust by dumping certain crops or not buying new plots, making sure they had their share of profits from farming while the rest of us were screwed over.

I don't want to bother arguing about changing back to the old farm system because the admins in charge obviously like controlling things and can't be convinced to change back.

And I'm not alone in the way I think about this. But I wish you'd at least refund all of the players back their gralats for seed they bought previous to the farm update. I don't need seed anymore, I'm not farming anymore. What's the point? it's now a system rigged to keep you online 24/7 for very little profit.

Funny thing is you know who got me started on farming? Admins, who boasted about havin 7-10 farm accounts. I really admired them for their hard work and advice. Seems like at least some of them made their millions though and didn't care about the rest of us who will just end up being poor suckers now that everything is rigged towards a slave economy.

RIP OL WEST!

Shut it, you’re part of the problem for having multiple accounts and encouraging them to gut farming, people obviously didn’t earn those millions from any effort. It takes 10 minutes to go on your stupid accounts and plant seeds on all of them so don’t act like it’s fair. I’ve never seen any admins talk about having 10 accounts so that’s probably a bs excuse to make you feel better about being punished for borderline cheating.

ninja12 07-28-2019 02:50 AM

Quote:

Posted by Aftermath (Post 826704)
Shut it, you’re part of the problem for having multiple accounts and encouraging them to gut farming, people obviously didn’t earn those millions from any effort. It takes 10 minutes to go on your stupid accounts and plant seeds on all of them so don’t act like it’s fair. I’ve never seen any admins talk about having 10 accounts so that’s probably a bs excuse to make you feel better about being punished for borderline cheating.

I'll say it again: it took a lot of work and time on the old farm system to raise the money to buy the seed and the plots and place them over serveral accounts, harvest, repeat the process over and over and then sell your crops, buy more seed, etc.

It was hard work. I only had 4 accounts total. If someone had the patience, time and perserverance to do this with 10 accounts, they EARNED what they reaped! I admired the admins and tried to imitate them. So I feel somewhat betrayed.

Just because you and others got jealous and complained, manipulated and change the rules without warning to the rest of us who played hard and fair, doesn't make it right.

We played by the rules, we in a sense mastered the art of making money and a decision was made to make the entire game a slave economy now. The noobs won't know the difference, but those of us who farmed at least 6 months to a year or more know the real story.

Aftermath 07-28-2019 02:58 AM

Quote:

Posted by ninja12 (Post 826713)
I'll say it again: it took a lot of work and time on the old farm system to raise the money to buy the seed and the plots and place them over serveral accounts, harvest, repeat the process over and over and then sell your crops, buy more seed, etc.

It was hard work. I only had 4 accounts total. If someone had the patience, time and perserverance to do this with 10 accounts, they EARNED what they reaped! I admired the admins and tried to imitate them. So I feel somewhat betrayed.

Just because you and others got jealous and complained, manipulated and change the rules without warning to the rest of us who played hard and fair, doesn't make it right.

We played by the rules, we in a sense mastered the art of making money and a decision was made to make the entire game a slave economy now. The noobs won't know the difference, but those of us who farmed at least 6 months to a year or more know the real story.

I’m not gonna add much to the argument but that was one of the most pathetic things I’ve ever read, you’re not working in a coal mine in a 3rd world country, you’re doing a job in an online game that takes 15 minutes at most. I’ve gotten by just fine for 3 years with one account and people exploiting farming like this are the reason farming was gutted in the first place.

You’ve only got yourself to blame. :/

ninja12 07-28-2019 03:22 PM

[QUOTE=Aftermath;826714]I’m not gonna add much to the argument but that was one of the most pathetic things I’ve ever read, you’re not working in a coal mine in a 3rd world country, you’re doing a job in an online game that takes 15 minutes at most. I’ve gotten by just fine for 3 years with one account and people exploiting farming like this are the reason farming was gutted in the first place.

You’ve only got yourself to blame. :/[/QUOTE

Working 4 farms was a lot of work and took more than 15 minutes. I'm thinking you didn't farm much. I don't know what your agenda is but I've presented some good points and I back it up with data such as the following:

In the old farm system it would take roughly 10 minutes to harvest 4 farms, or 20 - 25 minutes with 10 farms (each 60 plots). If you were to harvest onions every 3 hours doing it 5 times a day that would equal 5x25= 125 minutes or roughly slightly more than 2 hours for 10 farms.

The seed cost for 10 farms harvested 5 times a day would be (10 x 60) x 5 = 3000
which comes out to $75k gralats expenses. The 5 harvests for 10 farms wouild be
(10x5) x 240 = 12k oc or $120k gralats. 120k-75k = 45k total profit for a 2hour total farming day.

If you were to fish at level 60. A good fisher can catch 400-500 sharks an hour, which I'll average out to 450. That comes to 900 sharks for 2 hours work or 45k gralats worth of sharks.

Similar cases of profit can be made for mining. I've had friends who said they could even make a larger profit margin than fishing in the same time, mining at the highest levels.

I found farming to be the easiest although it required a lot of work initially getting the capital to buy all those seeds, selling the crops, buying more seeds, planting, repeating the process over and over. And I will say again it was work and if you could perservere through it you earned it.

I'm only replying to you for the sake of others who read this thread and who think like me and are afraid to speak out. I am also replying to make a documented record of what it was like on Ol West before it was ruined.

Again, the changes were made without warning making it unfair to the rest of us who played by the rules and successfully achieved high levels of profit through honest fair hard work!

On the first day of change when I was with fellow players and friends in the Farm store, I said: "Why are they changing the rules all of a sudden because people are making money from it?" Another friend said, "I thought that was the point of work, to make money".

Those of us who were successful at farming did so through hard work and earned our money.

RIP OL WEST!

Aftermath 07-28-2019 07:24 PM

I’ll be honest, I agree with you that the new farming system isn’t good for the game but honestly I couldn’t care less about this game right now. I’m just pointing out how stupid it is to think that it’s hard work to farm in graal. It’s not hard work and it never was, farming has been a money printing machine for years. now if you want to say that now it’s hard to exploit the game because they did this to farming then that would make sense, but I think the whole purpose of this is to keep people like you to stop their precious “hard work”, whoops.

ninja12 07-28-2019 07:50 PM

Quote:

Posted by Aftermath (Post 826720)
I’ll be honest, I agree with you that the new farming system isn’t good for the game but honestly I couldn’t care less about this game right now....

Ok thanks for your honesty: You don't care about the game and you admit the new farm system sucks. We agree on the farming then to a certain extent, but you and I differ in a big way. I care about the game and I think Ol West is great! I like playing it and being with the other players.

Maybe you've outgrown it and should move on.

MysticalDragon 07-30-2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Posted by ninja12 (Post 826721)
Ok thanks for your honesty: You don't care about the game and you admit the new farm system sucks. We agree on the farming then to a certain extent, but you and I differ in a big way. I care about the game and I think Ol West is great! I like playing it and being with the other players.

Maybe you've outgrown it and should move on.

I updated the farming system. Not really going to get into this to deep but 75k gralats profit really? And you say the farming system was perfectly fine? Sorry, my friend, the system was abused and it was abused majorly. When the original farming system was created it was never taken into account about players creating multiple accounts to set up some type of gralat harvesting system. This is considered an exploit, this is not how the system was meant to be used. You sit there and complain about reaping from an exploit like it should have never been patched. Get with the program, when exploits happen I will patch them.
When I created the system, NO olwest staff new until it was released. Stop assuming things because you can't just reap 75k profit in a few hours. Complaining over and over again IS NOT going to revert this system. There truly needed to have some check and balances in place. When farming was added it was meant to be a side job, something to do to earn a little extra cash. Again complaining about how much you dislike how we patched an exploit isn't going to change anything, and will simply lead to you being ignored. On the other hand, give opinions and suggestions on how the system can be improved not reverted.

ninja12 07-30-2019 05:31 PM

Quote:

Posted by MysticalDragon (Post 826741)
I updated the farming system. Not really going to get into this to deep but 75k gralats profit really? And you say the farming system was perfectly fine?

Hello Mystical Dragon:

I don't want to sound like a bratty kid. Maybe I didn't make it clear that $75k was the gross profit. When you subtract the cost of seed it comes to $45k net profit. And that is for more than 2 hours of work (a less experienced player or maybe one that isn't as capable at using keys might take even longer). I tried to show also that farming at the highest level in fishing and mining, one could also earn just as much without as much capital invested like you do for farming buying all that seed.

It is work and it's a slow process and I maintain if you were able to keep it up for months and earn $1million you earned it!

You say you developed the new farming system. I can see you don't want to revert but don't you think it would be fair to refund people for the seed they bought previous to the unannounced farm changes?

I don't want to farm anymore and sorry I don't have any suggestions as I consider it slave labor wages. What do you expect from me and the other players who played by the rules, didn't use hacks or other means to fairly earn money. And then all of a sudden, you and others start accusing us of cheating/exploiting?

It's an insult.

Sorry but that's the way I feel and if my punishment is being ignored, so be it, I will say what I feel. It's my right and duty as a person who believes in fair play.

Like I said, I love the game, but for you to simply say I have to accept it, I also have the right to refuse.

Aftermath 07-30-2019 11:15 PM

Good to see another person here has a brain. I’m not sure when this will get through your extremely thick skull but let me explain it in a way you might understand
Farming was never meant to be a main job.
Using multiple accounts was and is an exploit and is why farming was changed.
Believe it or not amassing a million in gralats in a few months is a ton.
Comparing new farming to slave labor is possibly the most pathetic thing I’ve ever seen.
Everyone got a refund because old farming plots sell for 250 now.
You standing up for fair play is like Stalin being an advocate for capitalism how in the world is multiple accounts fair play? You’re doing as one person something only multiple people can do, how mangled and twisted can your logic be to think something like that is fair?
It’s not an insult, it’s the truth.

ninja12 07-31-2019 01:06 AM

If you were able to go through the process of raising
enough money to buy all that seed for several accounts,
then patiently planting, harvesting, selling, buying seed
planting, harvesting, etc. etc. you EARNED that money.

I don't think you really did any serious farming. I can tell
from the way you kept saying it only takes 10 minutes to
harvest in your previous posts you never did enough farming
to know how much time and effort it takes.

As for fair, I don't think it's fair to those players who bought
a large amount of seed and were not warned that the
farming system would change. I think they should be
allowed refunds. Plots are nothing in expense to the cost
of seed.

You are another person who sounds like a bully and wants
everyone to go along with a system just because you say
it's good.

uhuh...lotta players diagree and they don't have access to
this forum.

Wajanzki 08-01-2019 02:29 AM

Quote:

Posted by ninja12 (Post 826748)

of seed.

it's good.

this forum.

LMAO

Aftermath 08-01-2019 02:36 AM

Quote:

Posted by ninja12 (Post 826748)

of seed.

it's good.

this forum.

You forgot the fact that a lotta players that disagree are idiots

ihermes 06-22-2020 03:46 AM

We've added some changes to farming
We've removed the need to buy more than 1 watering can, you will no longer need to hoard 100's of watering can
The crops now give a full water meter when planted!

Crops take around 2 seconds to update, so dont worry if they go invisible for a bit
We've also changed their wither time to be HALF of their total grow time
so no longer will everything have a 5 minutes wither timer

It is now sorted between 3 watering cans below

Bronze https://i.imgur.com/VdECIdD.png
Holds 5 charges of water

Silver https://i.imgur.com/kPGcTR5.png
holds 9 charges of water

Gold https://i.imgur.com/sLksbKf.png
holds 12 charges of water
but you must have VIP to buy it

You can refill your water from water sources
https://i.imgur.com/QXqPWoy.png

You can sell your old watering cans by typing /sell cans in the seed shop

We've also added a mob that has a random chance of spawning when you gather your crops!
https://i.imgur.com/DWRrzi2.gif

https://i.imgur.com/CaKzBTp.gif

if theres any other bugs related, please message or provide feedback!

ArchieIsHere 06-22-2020 03:59 AM

the gold can appears to be broken, it can’t be equipped/filled with water ;/

ihermes 06-22-2020 04:03 AM

Quote:

Posted by ArchieIsHere (Post 830888)
the gold can appears to be broken, it can’t be equipped/filled with water ;/

thats strange, its working for me atm. do you get a message or anything when you try to equip it?