Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Future Improvements (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Can we get an increase on the loot cap? (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41350)

Steena 04-07-2019 08:20 PM

Can we get an increase on the loot cap?

It's been quite a while since the loot cap went from no cap at all, to 200 max loots. I would love to see this amount increased. It used to be a thing to say, ''how many loots?'' Once upon a time, it was a sort of competition amongst friends and other players to see who had the most. Is there any possibility that an increase might be considered?

Sir Travis 04-07-2019 09:06 PM

500 for bugs, 500 for loot

Please please please, I just think it’s a nice number for both

McCullough 04-07-2019 09:58 PM

With how laggy everything's been is that really a good idea?

Steena 04-07-2019 10:07 PM

Storing an extra amount of items in your personal inventory? How would that have anything to do with lag? Forgive my ignorance if it is warranted as being as such. It's an honest question.

Rusix 04-07-2019 10:13 PM

I could vouch for a higher loot limit, Or no limit at all, It honestly seems dumb to limit it in the first place.

Quote:

Posted by McCullough (Post 825309)
With how laggy everything's been is that really a good idea?

I'm 99%, actually 100% sure Loot will not lag your game, Or anyone's game for that matter. If we got lag just because we had loot, We would probably lag just because of how many gralats we have. So far I have yet to see anyone with millions of gralat's run across graal at 5 FPS because their gralats are weighing them down.

Paynius 04-07-2019 10:28 PM

Ya it will rusocks but only in extreme cases when lots of players have 1000s of loot each but I don't think that's even happened before even with no cap lol, so ya like what lover boy Travis said 500 sounds reasonable and should fetch a nice payday for farmers. Also yeah I think its similar to the way 7d2d server when I was an admin, I notice there would be server lag when I spawn thousands of one item in the same area but wasn't always the case I guess you have to count the extra varibles that contribute to such lag Such as duping and player count, I'm just guessing the same logic applies to the Graal servers which is probably why it seems like admins do nothing, more or less because if they add anything more there will likely be performance issues but that's just my 2 cents.

Steena 04-07-2019 10:40 PM

Back in the day, players did store a lot simply for bragging reasons, and/or for savings. As far as I understand it, the original cap was put into play to force players to sell far more frequently to give the server a better idea of a players worth in gralats. Without being able to save many loots or bugs, you can't hide your work in savings, aside from your farms. I would imagine that they can figure your farm numbers, since they haven't put a cap on that yet. With the current loot cap being at 200, players can only store less than 4k gralats worth in loots in general, before having to sell. That's not much at all in my personal opinion.

McCullough 04-08-2019 03:00 AM

Honestly thought the loot cap was added specifically due to server lag since so many people were hoarding sh*t. I also thought I read that from a dev somewhere a couple years ago too. I thought kind of the same with why bugs were taken out of houses but that's a complete different reason, and THAT reason I understand fully.

My point in saying that was kind of a joke, too, since it seems whenever the admins add anything new or increase something there's always some kind of performance issue, but I digress. Maybe my phone's getting old or something, it has a tough time running graal nicely anymore.

Sir Travis 04-08-2019 01:11 PM

500 is such a nice number, i don’t know why I like it but it just sounds like a good number for our inventory limits on loot and bugs

I have no way to leverage this idea other then the fact that 500 looks “cooler” then 400 :D

McCullough 04-08-2019 03:13 PM

I tend to sell all the 'valuable' items to the shopkeepers that give you more around the world right away and simply save up the junk that Elster wants.

For all the gold that those guys in the Destiny cave want, Elster gives you about like 25% of what they'd give you. So that's my strategy.

GOAT 04-09-2019 01:04 AM

There must of been a reason regarding money for the cap, so I doubt it would change.

Quote:

Posted by Paynius (Post 825312)
Ya it will rusocks but only in extreme cases when lots of players have 1000s of loot each but I don't think that's even happened before even with no cap lol, so ya like what lover boy Travis said 500 sounds reasonable and should fetch a nice payday for farmers. Also yeah I think its similar to the way 7d2d server when I was an admin, I notice there would be server lag when I spawn thousands of one item in the same area but wasn't always the case I guess you have to count the extra varibles that contribute to such lag Such as duping and player count, I'm just guessing the same logic applies to the Graal servers which is probably why it seems like admins do nothing, more or less because if they add anything more there will likely be performance issues but that's just my 2 cents.

Liking this guy so far.

Perseus 04-09-2019 11:04 PM

Quote:

Posted by GOAT (Post 825333)
There must of been a reason regarding money for the cap, so I doubt it would change.

Liking this guy so far.

don't get ahead of urself ok

#tbt to "u noob i have 9k loot"

4-Lom 04-10-2019 02:18 AM

The only difference the loot cap has made is forcing you to go exchange for cash every 200 items. This promotes movement/travel on the map. It might also prevent some one from writing some kind of automation to target and loot dive without player inputs (beyond 200 items).

Carrying more loot was a nice way of having 'savings' for when an event came up - sell your stash and you could suddenly afford *whatever item*.

Honestly though, the loot & bug cap have done little to the systems. The real nasty part has been that the rarity of valuable items (and the value of all bugs, in general) has been drastically reduced.

I got five narwhal horns in a row like 3 years back. Now it's rare to see the 'rare' type items at all.

GOAT 04-11-2019 04:08 AM

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 825362)
The only difference the loot cap has made is forcing you to go exchange for cash every 200 items. This promotes movement/travel on the map. It might also prevent some one from writing some kind of automation to target and loot dive without player inputs (beyond 200 items).

Carrying more loot was a nice way of having 'savings' for when an event came up - sell your stash and you could suddenly afford *whatever item*.

Honestly though, the loot & bug cap have done little to the systems. The real nasty part has been that the rarity of valuable items (and the value of all bugs, in general) has been drastically reduced.

I got five narwhal horns in a row like 3 years back. Now it's rare to see the 'rare' type items at all.

The longer it takes to earn money the longer you have to be playing or you can just buy gralat packs. Wait a minute :blush: