Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Wait a minute.... Level 2 Swords? (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35065)

Vladamir Blackthorne 04-02-2016 05:06 AM

Wait a minute.... Level 2 Swords?

Why is it that bandits in the bandit hideout have level 2 swords? I might be overthinking things, but is this a bit of a tease toward players getting their hands on higher power swords? Heras are already teased in the bank office, so I mean if you were to acquire a total of 6 full hearts before obtaining a level 2 sword it wouldn't throw balance off assuming you don't have to bust your butt to get it all without having to spend more than a trivial amount of gralats.

TheFatNoob 04-02-2016 06:25 AM

No. The key thing that makes classic nice is balance. +ReadTheNews.

Vladamir Blackthorne 04-02-2016 06:46 AM

Quote:

Posted by TheFatNoob (Post 691068)
No. The key thing that makes classic nice is balance. +ReadTheNews.

I don't understand how working for power fair and square makes the game unbalanced...

Areo 04-02-2016 06:46 AM

You're overthinking things

4-Lom 04-02-2016 07:41 AM

IT WOULD CHANGE THE FACE OF SPAARR!!!

On the topic, so would having that nifty circle-slash that the bandit leader has.

Xenthic 04-02-2016 07:42 AM

They're bringing level 2 swords to forts in a few months so you can PK just as fast as those mobs

Vladamir Blackthorne 04-02-2016 07:46 AM

Quote:

Posted by Xenthic (Post 691097)
They're bringing level 2 swords to forts in a few months so you can PK just as fast as those mobs

Not sure if april fools joke or if I actually should be kinda excited. They also should make it so that your AP doesn't change and is straight up ignored in forts...

Xenthic 04-02-2016 07:48 AM

Quote:

Posted by Vladamir Blackthorne (Post 691100)
Not sure if april fools joke or if I actually should be kinda excited. They also should make it so that your AP doesn't change and is straight up ignored in forts...

I was planning on doing a thread about it but I knew if i did it yesterday nobody would take me seriously because of April fools.

James205 04-02-2016 09:43 AM

Quote:

Posted by Vladamir Blackthorne (Post 691079)
I don't understand how working for power fair and square makes the game unbalanced...

because people here want to keep iClassic one dimensional and don't understand what balanced in gaming actually is but defer to being jaded and limit any creativity to potentially make it a better experience.

PigParty 04-02-2016 11:17 AM

I think being able to get more HP and higher sword power (like UN) is something to work for, which could be good. Although, the good thing about classic is its simplicity. It's nice being able to start out on an equal playing field as every other player (you don't have a huge disadvantage). I don't see classic doing this.

4-Lom 04-02-2016 01:47 PM

Quote:

Posted by PigParty (Post 691120)
I think being able to get more HP and higher sword power (like UN) is something to work for, which could be good. Although, the good thing about classic is its simplicity. It's nice being able to start out on an equal playing field as every other player (you don't have a huge disadvantage). I don't see classic doing this.

Pfft. Banana peels are advantage enough.

Alexmo 04-02-2016 02:00 PM

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 691142)
Pfft. Banana peels are advantage enough.

Oh ya I'm out of those and the peels are amazing

Sardon 04-02-2016 03:30 PM

I think the whole balanced thing is just dumb
iclassic is like the communist server on graal

Isn't it fair that the players who have put in more time in the game earn more,powerful items than what the newbies have?

LUKEEE 04-02-2016 04:24 PM

I don't know if anyone remembers but back in like 2010 you could setsword sword3.gif and it would be a level 3 sword dealing 1.5 damage per hit. Lots of us went to jail that day

Crono 04-02-2016 05:27 PM

Quote:

Posted by James205 (Post 691112)
because people here want to keep iClassic one dimensional and don't understand what balanced in gaming actually is but defer to being jaded and limit any creativity to potentially make it a better experience.

this has nothing to do with balance

Quote:

Posted by Vladamir Blackthorne (Post 691079)

going through some ****ty generic quest just to get past an artificial barrier into the "endgame" is not "working for power". game is fine as it is. besides, an increase in sword power would require more HP...although 3 shotting people would make spars a lot more quick/fun.