Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   "Should I become admin?" (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17302)

Platinum 04-22-2013 11:43 PM

"Should I become admin?"

Around iClassic there are always players which have some sort of poll regarding if they should become admin or not. I just stood outside burger refuge and asked "why do some people put 'Should I be admin?' in their status?" And got a variety of answers, all around the 'because it will help me become one'. I realized that those people don't recognize all of the hard work it takes to become one and that you actually have to do something to become one. I think the staff should do something about this, for the reason above and it's really annoying when players pm you saying; "should I be admin?"

99% 04-22-2013 11:44 PM

Well, should I?

Jester Lapse 04-22-2013 11:47 PM

Okay, well what is the point of this thread?

PennyShine 04-22-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Posted by Jester Lapse (Post 336452)

To complain about people who ask "Should I be admin?"

But yes, I find this a bit annoying. I always respond no to everyone who asks that. One time I asked someone why he wanted to be admin and he said something like "To ban a bunch of people. And I like hosting events." Well that definitely answered his question.

Aaron 04-23-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Posted by Jester Lapse (Post 336452)

Quote:

Posted by PennyShine (Post 336458)
To complain

. . .

Meph 04-23-2013 12:03 AM

They're under the impression that it's a popularity contest.

The most amusing part about these people is that, as a manager, I would be hard pressed to even consider anybody who goes about employment in this manner. They may as well put on a shirt that says "Don't hire me."

Qualified candidates don't ask, nor do they inquire.

Jester Lapse 04-23-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Posted by Aaron - Taevin (Post 336460)
. . .

my thoughts also

99% 04-23-2013 12:10 AM

God. I'd NEVER want to get in an argument with Meph.

-Albus 04-23-2013 12:19 AM

It's not hurting anyone, so why do something about it?

Craftz 04-23-2013 01:25 AM

Should I be admin?

Yes:173 No: 4

Sicx 04-23-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Posted by Platinum (Post 336448)
Around iClassic there are always players which have some sort of poll regarding if they should become admin or not. I just stood outside burger refuge and asked "why do some people put 'Should I be admin?' in their status?" And got a variety of answers, all around the 'because it will help me become one'. I realized that those people don't recognize all of the hard work it takes to become one and that you actually have to do something to become one. I think the staff should do something about this, for the reason above and it's really annoying when players pm you saying; "should I be admin?"

Let wannabes be wannabes they aren't becoming admin.

Tyler 04-23-2013 02:41 AM

Some people do it as a joke and some think it will seriously help them become staff. It's a waste of effort for the people who are actually trying due to the majority of people who will say no just because they made that poll. There are also the fake ones who give themselves yes votes. If they became staff they would be bound to grow tired of it eventually depending on the position.

haruka 04-23-2013 02:54 AM

Well, apparently they've never heard of the GP application before. It's hilarious really, because most of the poll's have been altered in such a way that it's unrealistic and idiotic; Refer to Craftz post.

Zen 04-23-2013 03:43 AM

People will be people. Just move on and ignore it, I agree your rant about this is pretty annoying, but, we all know they aren't going to be an admin. Let them hold on to their false hopes and dreams, and don't crush it for them even though it's a hard cold reality for them.

Wait 80% of the people do that for the lols.

MrSimons 04-23-2013 04:17 AM

I rock that **** in my status.

YES:100,000
NO:3

Still not an admin though, Albus is a punk and won't hire me :(