Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   "Towering" (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28166)

Blu 04-17-2015 11:07 PM

"Towering"

I'm not sure if this issue has been addressed already as I'm new here, so I hope it's not frowned upon if I post this.

Towering back in 09 to around 2013 took skill, determination, loyal players and involved a whole load of general fun.

There was no such thing as "home" towers, it was a free for all and you took whichever tower you could get, not your house.

Nowadays people just make truces with any guild they can find so they wont get attacked, and in turn have the ability to afk till 1k hours.
This is originally what the ally list was for, though I'm fine with it being used for sub guilds.

The point I'm trying to make is, truces ruin towering and take out the fun. There's no competition any more.

I can't be the only one who stopped towering because of all this.

super kurosaki 04-17-2015 11:13 PM

Quote:

Posted by Blu (Post 554789)
I'm not sure if this issue has been addressed already as I'm new here, so I hope it's not frowned upon if I post this.

Towering back in 09 to around 2013 took skill, determination, loyal players and involved a whole load of general fun.

There was no such thing as "home" towers, it was a free for all and you took whichever tower you could get, not your house.

Nowadays people just make truces with any guild they can find so they wont get attacked, and in turn have the ability to afk till 1k hours.
This is originally what the ally list was for, though I'm fine with it being used for sub guilds.

The point I'm trying to make is, truces ruin towering and take out the fun. There's no competition any more.

I can't be the only one who stopped towering because of all this.

New to Graal or new to the forums? Because If you're new to Graal then you can't really say anything about it in 2009. & People have been trucing since I started playing. (Jan. 2013).

Blu 04-17-2015 11:41 PM

Quote:

Posted by super kurosaki (Post 554791)
New to Graal or new to the forums? Because If you're new to Graal then you can't really say anything about it in 2009. & People have been trucing since I started playing. (Jan. 2013).

New to the forums, though I started around December 2009 and I was pretty young using my brothers iPod 3.
I played on and off for a few years till 2013 then made my current account.

Gitaz 04-17-2015 11:43 PM

We all think alike, except for those BFM turds

Admiral 04-18-2015 12:30 AM

truces is practically the towering meta, since it's been so long towering has been round that truces is the fastest way to 1k which benefits the majority that are involved

Tbh i'd blame it more on the community than the game mechanics.

Bryan* 04-18-2015 12:38 AM

Agree with Admiral. The community has made trucing evolve more. If you don't want it, just don't truce and kick some ass!

GOAT 04-18-2015 03:29 AM

2013 lol way to include the year you started playing. Towering has been a joke for a long time brotha

Taking into consideration that every major tower guild has been filled with noobs I disagree that towering has at any time required "skills"

I do agree that 2010-early 2011 was probably the best times for towering. I also think that the first wave of tower guilds were the closest thing to guild loyalty in iClassic.

Hopefully someone read the dust mans comments about the towering system and decides to take them into consideration.

Seņor Albonio 04-18-2015 09:21 AM

Quote:

Posted by Gitaz (Post 554796)
We all think alike, except for those BFM turds

BFM is pathetic.

Ash Ketchum 04-18-2015 09:26 AM

Theres been allying guilds since the beginning. If you havent already realized, theres an ally function which was 'meant' for allying other guilds, not allying sub guild for the particular guild. Therefore it isn't looked down upon by the Graal guild system, but supported by the GGS.

Changes can include
*Ally guilds must have over 100 hours
*Members that are in one guild cannot join another allied guild unless kicked out and recruited

Blu 04-18-2015 10:23 AM

Quote:

Posted by Ash Ketchum (Post 554873)
Theres been allying guilds since the beginning. If you havent already realized, theres an ally function which was 'meant' for allying other guilds, not allying sub guild for the particular guild. Therefore it isn't looked down upon by the Graal guild system, but supported by the GGS.

Changes can include
*Ally guilds must have over 100 hours
*Members that are in one guild cannot join another allied guild unless kicked out and recruited

I know that, but now guilds just ally/truce with any guild they can.
Back then most guilds used to ally/truce with about 5 guilds maximum, now guilds just ally with anyone they can. Meaning there's no big competition.

Also, what bugs me is when guilds say things like "we start towering when Okami reach 1k"
People act like it's not allowed to take some ones "home tower", when in reality that's what it's all about.

Bryan* 04-18-2015 01:31 PM

Quote:

Posted by Blu (Post 554900)
I know that, but now guilds just ally/truce with any guild they can.
Back then most guilds used to ally/truce with about 5 guilds maximum, now guilds just ally with anyone they can. Meaning there's no big competition.

Also, what bugs me is when guilds say things like "we start towering when Okami reach 1k"
People act like it's not allowed to take some ones "home tower", when in reality that's what it's all about.

I don't know why they don't do what Thallen was doing when he was having sort of like a 2-guild joint towering. One guild towered at Snow and the other at Sardon. They were both allied and both towered daily. There isn't a necessity to wait (x amount of hours) to start towering for another guild. But I guess people aren't dedicated enough to work for 2 guilds at the same time.

MBK 04-18-2015 01:50 PM

BFM got our(Deceive) 650 hours reset...
It was Slim who joined us on a noob account and lag blocked the spike room.

Livid 04-18-2015 02:03 PM

Quote:

Posted by MBK (Post 554953)

Isnt this the second time Deceive was reset?

Bryan* 04-18-2015 02:06 PM

Quote:

Posted by MBK (Post 554953)

He's protected by the admin Dark Star. Good luck getting BFM reset :P

Livid 04-18-2015 02:11 PM

Quote:

Posted by Bryan* (Post 554960)
He's protected by the admin Dark Star. Good luck getting BFM reset :P

Lol who the hell is Dark Star lmao.