Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   ♫♫ iClassic Soundtrack ♫♫ (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11972)

LiA 11-15-2012 05:10 AM

♫♫ iClassic Soundtrack ♫♫

Can anyone tell me why we have two way different soundtracks, for the same game?

I just found out that there was 2 soundtracks for iClassic. Which soundtrack would you guys want for iClassic? The current one or the Skyrider version? I'm really liking the Skyrider one atm. I don't know how many new songs are on Skyrider but I made a video incomparison for 2 of the songs. I'm hoping they'll switch the iDevice soundtrack to the new songs :)

Kiwi 11-15-2012 05:12 AM

I really like the skyrider one, but I haven't heard all the tracks, and I'm sure eventually it'd be just like the current one. I'll watch your video now.

Dusty 11-15-2012 05:14 AM

MP3 files are very large, and thus Stefan probably just doesn't want to upload new songs for iPhone players to have to download.

HON3Y BADG3R 11-15-2012 05:17 AM

Quote:

Posted by LiA (Post 233963)
Can anyone tell me why we have two way different soundtracks, for the same game?

I just found out that there was 2 soundtracks for iClassic. Which soundtrack would you guys want for iClassic? The current one or the Skyrider version? I'm really liking the Skyrider one atm. I don't know how many new songs are on Skyrider but I made a video incomparison for 2 of the songs. I'm hoping they'll switch the iDevice soundtrack to the new songs :)

I gotta say... That was a great soundtrack. It was so calm and not too abrupt. The Skyrider soundtrack compared to the classic is remarkable. It makes the classic soundtrack sound even worse. I would love to have this implemented in the game.

LiA 11-15-2012 05:18 AM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 233965)
MP3 files are very large, and thus Stefan probably just doesn't want to upload new songs for iPhone players to have to download.

Oh 0:! No wonder the iDevice songs were in .wav format. I guess we're all stuck with the original soundtrack.

Thunderstorm 11-15-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 233965)

You'd be surprised by the MP3 compressors available and how little quality is lost :smile:

Quote:

Posted by LiA (Post 233968)
I guess we're all stuck with the original soundtrack.

I'm really keen to make one and have been for some time for iClassic. However, from my experience, the staff are pretty unresponsive...

Hadi 11-15-2012 07:13 AM

Wow, The skyrider soundtrack is beautiful :love:.

Dusty 11-15-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Posted by Thunderstorm (Post 234036)
You'd be surprised by the MP3 compressors available and how little quality is lost :smile:

Stefan doesn't even like updating the tileset, even though it's only like 200kb. MP3 files tend to be a couple mb's, regardless of compression.

Tyler 11-15-2012 03:23 PM

Wow. I really wish all the soundtracks were as good as the Skyrider version. I've kept my volume off for iClassic for over 2 years because I hate it that much. Yes, on certain occasions I would listen to see if anything changed. The Skyrider version is much better in my opinion.

Azrael 11-15-2012 04:53 PM

I don't think I've ever played Graal with audio turned on. If so, it's been about 9 years.

Maxy 11-15-2012 05:12 PM

I've never played classic with music

Vladamir Blackthorne 11-15-2012 05:25 PM

I actually kinda like the music at the spar arena as it is...

Blueh 11-15-2012 07:24 PM

I like Rain and Cave soundtrack. The annoying abuse of frequent violin notes with the occasional clarinet melody needs to be fixed. They should also have seasonal soundtracks. Like one for fall, winter, spring and summer. Not all of them but just for the main ones at least.

On the topic of music, why did they never resell the radio? It was originally in Northern Graal but when they were preparing MoD town they closed the furniture shop and moved everything else but the radio to other stores. MoD town is open, but still no radio.

Thunderstorm 11-15-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 234148)
Stefan doesn't even like updating the tileset, even though it's only like 200kb. MP3 files tend to be a couple mb's, regardless of compression.

Well that's a shame.
But yeah, I can get my files from <1mb down to about >300kb without any obvious change in sound quality.

Psycher! 11-15-2012 07:45 PM

I don't see how another few MBs dedicated to a good sounding expanded soundtrack would hurt anybody. After a quick check on Usage in my iPhone's settings and Graal's files using iFile, I discovered that in total iClassic takes up about 162 MB of data, which is nothing compared to what it used to take up before I reinstalled it, which was 756 MB. Out of those 162 MB, only 12 MB were taken up by the 14 tracks used in iClassic. While that may seem like a lot, consider this: The tileset, soundtrack, and other data that comes with the app when it is first downloaded takes up approximately 19 MB according to the App Store description. This amount of data is constant, since it is made up of things that do not change and are necessary for the game to function properly. Considering the fact that an average uncompressed MP3 file takes up about 4-6 MB and the low memory use of iClassic's 2D not-very-complex graphics, it is normal that the soundtrack takes up most of the memory when downloaded.

At least at first, it takes up the most memory.

At this point, you may be wondering what the other 143 MB are. The amount of extra MB may differ for you, so you should check how much memory iClassic takes up for you in Usage. This extra memory is taken up by the absurd number of graphics and extra, somewhat unnecessary data downloaded onto your device. The majority, however, is graphics. Graphics uploaded by players, extra hats, things that do not come with the initial download of the game. It looks like it would take up a tiny amount of memory, but small things add up, leading to iClassic taking up far more memory than it is said to take up. With graphics constantly being uploaded and taking up more and more memory, it is safe to say that regardless of whether the tileset or soundtrack is updated, the game's memory usage will continue to rise. Therefore, a few MB dedicated to a soundtrack expansion or a tileset update to improve the gaming experience is trivial in comparison to the massive number of graphic that are uploaded, the grand majority of which do not improve upon the game itself at all.