Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Future Improvements (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Minor Suggestions (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36137)

Aguzo 07-13-2016 10:43 PM

Cooking Papa

I know a lot of people like to trade food and what not. You should add some sort of cooking system.

The more you cook, the more recipes you unlock. Could also sell recipes at onnet, nexus, and rev. Could be for cosmetic purposes (House plate furnish), and you could also make them have effects, like the halloween candies.

As for ingredients? Well, whenever you want to add crops, could use those. Later on, if fishing ever gets added, players could start making sushi and what not. Could also have a town where players can sell their food, to avoid scamming. To avoid people from using alt accs and make a ton of money, you can only by 1-3 food items (idk). Thoughts?

4-Lom 07-14-2016 02:20 AM

Quote:

Posted by Aguzo (Post 723422)
I know a lot of people like to trade food and what not. You should add some sort of cooking system.

Beyond absolutely removing incentive to trade foods... This would require an immense amount of design and programming...

4-Lom 07-14-2016 04:49 AM

A tally of "House Likes" on your profile... an all-time total... would be swell.

Aguzo 07-14-2016 04:59 AM

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 723454)
Beyond absolutely removing incentive to trade foods... This would require an immense amount of design and programming...

Well, I mean some people could have recipes that others don't, maybe because they did not practice enough on a certain type of dish. That's why you could still trade, because you don't have the recipe to make that dish (Either because you haven't unlocked it, or it was an onnet/nexus recipe, and you didn't buy it.)

4-Lom 07-14-2016 06:35 AM

Quote:

Posted by Aguzo (Post 723495)
Well, I mean some people could have recipes that others don't, maybe because they did not practice enough on a certain type of dish. That's why you could still trade, because you don't have the recipe to make that dish (Either because you haven't unlocked it, or it was an onnet/nexus recipe, and you didn't buy it.)

Trading rare ingredients might be a good thing, too... but it would still take a ton of development. Farming would be sweet... but the response we've gotten previously to that is "This isn't farmville."

Pr0m4N V.14 07-14-2016 03:13 PM

Put the identify thing back into the "edit profile" when you first download the game.

Aguzo 07-16-2016 10:32 PM

Pet NPC, at least 20k-30k each. Can customize to only use the heads and bodies that are available without the customization pack.

I also want the ability to make them say text, like other npcs. Can be used for house quests, as merchants, etc.

Areo 07-16-2016 11:31 PM

Quote:

Posted by Aguzo (Post 724094)
Pet NPC, at least 20k-30k each. Can customize to only use the heads and bodies that are available without the customization pack.

I also want the ability to make them say text, like other npcs. Can be used for house quests, as merchants, etc.

What makes them different from statues, for the most part?

I would much rather make them more expensive(maybe 100k) and have them have full access to the customization pack, a few ganis(the bell ring, broom, dance, sit, maybe a few more), and maybe be able to set them to walk a certain path, with the ability to make them speak as you said.

It could also be interesting if you had all of that be purchasble on top of the regular NPC, instead of including all of it in the base package. Like instead of all of that being standard there would be a "Gani's Pack", "Speaking Pack", "Custom Pack", "walking pack", ect.

I would also think a limit would be required for how many you could have, depending how much this would weigh down the server.

Aguzo 07-17-2016 12:32 AM

Quote:

Posted by Areo (Post 724113)
What makes them different from statues, for the most part?

Statues don't move around...

As for full customization, I doubt they would add that. Doesn't have to be overly complicated... just a few default heads, pet movement, name, and chat.

High priced, so that people won't buy a lot of them, and cause more stress on the server, segun el polvo. According to dusty

Areo 07-17-2016 03:52 PM

Quote:

Posted by Aguzo (Post 724131)
Statues don't move around...

As for full customization, I doubt they would add that. Doesn't have to be overly complicated... just a few default heads, pet movement, name, and chat.

High priced, so that people won't buy a lot of them, and cause more stress on the server, segun el polvo. According to dusty

Oh, when I read "pet NPC" I didn't actually link the pet part, thought that was just there to signify there were a furniture item.

I was looking for something more complicated, but more complicated = more time spent coding, so to have my more complicated NPC it would take much longer.

And, while i can't confirm this, the "setting a specific path" should, theoretically, cause less lag than the wall checking pets. Assuming he made it so it wall checked whenever you set/change the path or moved a furniture item, instead of all the time.

Aguzo 07-17-2016 04:05 PM

Quote:

Posted by Areo (Post 724293)
And, while i can't confirm this, the "setting a specific path" should, theoretically, cause less lag than the wall checking pets.

Can't really speak for devs, but sounds like they could probably do it.

Something like the halloween candy npc movements.
When they would exit the buildings, they would start walking around. Not sure if it was a specific movement, but something like that. Also, the ability to make them stay still, for when you want them as merchants, and etc.

Aguzo 07-17-2016 06:42 PM

Starred/Favorites

★Starred/Favorites for friends.
They will appear at the top of your friends list, maybe even with a star/symbol on the left.

★Not neccessary, but could also add a number of how many players have starred you.

★Name
★Name
Unimportant
Sidefriend

Aguzo 07-28-2016 04:13 PM

MVP leaderboard for the solo queue.

Sassy Daddy 07-29-2016 04:02 AM

Bring back old smilies

Noxious 07-29-2016 02:47 PM

It could be nice to prioritize people you have added to your friends list when searching the player database. Saves time from having to scroll through your entire friends list to find someone with a commonly used name.