Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Graal Discussion (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Android new version Beta testing (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41067)

unixmad 11-21-2018 11:28 AM

Android new version Beta testing

We are starting an open beta for Classic, Era, Olwest and Zone Android.

The new version is:
  • Fixing several bugs some of them were crashing the app.
  • Supporting more processors (i386, 64bits...) so it should run faster on modern devices.

Please report bugs on this thread or on Graalians Discord. We have limited to 1000 beta testers per game.
Classic Beta download
Era Beta download
Olwest Beta download
Zone Beta Download

Zetectic 11-21-2018 12:04 PM

What about iOS?

Saeed 11-21-2018 12:31 PM

IOS is smooth. PC really need an update tho

Emera 11-21-2018 12:35 PM

Definitely felt an improvement on Android OnePlus 3T running Android 8 (Classic)

Numbrero 11-21-2018 01:31 PM

On Classic, accessories don't appear on my character except in the status menu.

Perseus 11-21-2018 03:23 PM

it seems to be taking an unusual amount of time to identify, and while its doing so I can't move but can do everything else fine

unixmad 11-22-2018 01:44 AM

Can you make a video or explain a little bit more?

Quote:

Posted by Perseus (Post 821477)
it seems to be taking an unusual amount of time to identify, and while its doing so I can't move but can do everything else fine

Aguzo 11-23-2018 10:01 PM

Samsung Galaxy s8 (Android 8.0.0)

Identifying sometimes doesn't work, and disables character movement for a few seconds
Un-identifying has the same issues
It will get stuck on "Verifying the e-mail address" and sometimes it will get stuck on "Checking for transfer of stats"
It has to say "logging in", then you have to re-open the app to get into your account

Accessories only appear when you swing your sword, and riding mounts
Like on PC, accessory alignment is a little off

To throw pots you need to sometimes press the glove button twice
To throw snowballs you need to press glove button twice

When typing, a random blue line will show up. White box seems to be missing

Baddies will freeze on screen sometimes, re-entering the area/level fixes the issue

Some light rays don't show up correctly:
- Entrance to Sky Chapel (too intense)
- Tree Area in Rail Cave, left of Secret Shop (not enough light, and intensity)

Sword sounds have a delay between them
Sounds from running on grass and hard floors are missing
School clock ticking does not align with hand (not sure if it was correct without beta)
Music and Sound volumes need percentages (0 - 100%)
Same thing for control zoom
Text Boxes (nickname, feedback) appear red. Unsure if that was intentional

Other than that, I like how the music transitions correctly when you enter different areas/shops, but sometimes the wrong song starts playing.

Big City Volcano seems to run perfectly, so that's good at least
Everything else like tools seem to be fine

Lizardon's new fire breath and shovel dirt seem pretty cool, not sure if these changes came with the update.

Wick 11-25-2018 08:21 PM

Multitasking isn't working for me.It freezes graal everytime i do.
Android version:7.1.1

unixmad 11-26-2018 05:16 PM

Thanks a lot for the bug reporting.
Can you test with the current version of Graal to see what are new bugs?

Quote:

Posted by Aguzo (Post 821551)
Samsung Galaxy s8 (Android 8.0.0)

Identifying sometimes doesn't work, and disables character movement for a few seconds

Aguzo 11-27-2018 02:46 AM

Quote:

Posted by unixmad (Post 821664)
Thanks a lot for the bug reporting.
Can you test with the current version of Graal to see what are new bugs?

still the same

I saw a transparent black blob in the caves, but no idea if that's intentional
Also, railroads seem to be buggy. I thought it was a one time thing yesterday. Tested it again a few seconds ago, and it seems to be in these 2 areas (maybe there are more)

unixmad 11-28-2018 09:58 AM

Sorry I didn't explain well. What I want to known is if the bugs you reported have been introduced in the new beta version or if they were already present in the previous version ( the official one on Google Play store).

QUOTE=Aguzo;821688]still the same

I saw a transparent black blob in the caves, but no idea if that's intentional
Also, railroads seem to be buggy. I thought it was a one time thing yesterday. Tested it again a few seconds ago, and it seems to be in these 2 areas (maybe there are more)
[/QUOTE]

BrandonGraal 11-29-2018 02:44 PM

When I open messages sometime it freezes my game till i leave, when I push home and go back in.. it also freezes my game. Accessories dont show but i see aguzo alrdy said abt it.. and the railroads are buggy for no matter what device. Like on pc ill have buildings in the railroads if i play long enough.. or railroads will just be missing.

McCullough 11-29-2018 03:08 PM

The only major problems I'm having are simple freeze and stutter problems, as well as massive choppiness roaming in the cities. It wasn't like that 4-6 months ago but it's been apparent ever since.

Aguzo 11-30-2018 01:29 AM

Quote:

Posted by unixmad (Post 821730)
Sorry I didn't explain well. What I want to known is if the bugs you reported have been introduced in the new beta version or if they were already present in the previous version ( the official one on Google Play store).]

The issues stated below did not appear in v1.8, so I guess a lot of them were probably intentional. The god rays also appear darker on iOS, so that's probably not a bug.

Issues not found in v1.8:
Spoiler
Un-identifying has the same issues
It will get stuck on "Verifying the e-mail address" and sometimes it will get stuck on "Checking for transfer of stats"
It has to say "logging in", then you have to re-open the app to get into your account

Accessories only appear when you swing your sword, and riding mounts
Like on PC, accessory alignment is a little off

To throw pots you need to sometimes press the glove button twice
To throw snowballs you need to press glove button twice

When typing, a random blue line will show up. White box seems to be missing
Text Boxes (nickname, feedback) appear red. Unsure if that was intentional

Baddies will freeze on screen sometimes, re-entering the area/level fixes the issue

Caw 11-30-2018 10:44 AM

This new version of iClassic has more lagg than the old one

Jarace 12-03-2018 08:12 AM

Quote:

Posted by Caw (Post 821853)
This new version of iClassic has more lagg than the old one

Can you give a bit more information on this? Maybe include a video or gif comparing the lag in the different app versions.

It'd also be useful to know what device and android version you are using.

Caw 12-03-2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 821949)
Can you give a bit more information on this? Maybe include a video or gif comparing the lag in the different app versions.

It'd also be useful to know what device and android version you are using.

There are items in the settings that are in the old version. In version 1.8 it is not possible to see accessories. When we minimize the iClassic application and get back to the game, a certain type of "freezing" happens. My device is a Lenovo "Motorola Moto G 6' Play

Jarace 12-03-2018 10:26 PM

Quote:

Posted by Caw (Post 821950)
There are items in the settings that are in the old version. In version 1.8 it is not possible to see accessories. When we minimize the iClassic application and get back to the game, a certain type of "freezing" happens. My device is a Lenovo "Motorola Moto G 6' Play

Ok, most of those have enough information for me to know what you're talking about. There is one part that could still use further explanation:

Quote:

Posted by Caw (Post 821950)
There are items in the settings that are in the old version

Have any screenshots or specific examples of what you mean here? Are there items missing?

Caw 12-07-2018 08:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 821973)
Ok, most of those have enough information for me to know what you're talking about. There is one part that could still use further explanation:

Have any screenshots or specific examples of what you mean here? Are there items missing?

These items. Besides emojis who are also in a very old model

BrandonGraal 12-10-2018 10:37 PM

Most of the lag issues is already shown by aguzo and myself, I personally had to delete it. When I open msgs sometime, My game freezes and I have to leave and come back. Also if I push home and return, it freezes which I also have to leave the game.

Jarace 12-19-2018 02:24 AM

The app betas were updated earlier today. Make sure you're using the latest version before reporting any additional bugs!

Here's the list of fixes included with the update:
Quote:

Fixed account connection problems
Fixed % bar in options, check boxes
Fixed accessories not working
Fixed chat text
Chat text is not full screen anymore
Some minor bug fixes

Yurieru 12-20-2018 12:32 AM

I was wondering if the issue with viewing font faces from a android was resolved as statuses show up blank sometimes.

Jarace 12-20-2018 02:29 AM

Quote:

Posted by Yurieru (Post 822944)
I was wondering if the issue with viewing font faces from a android was resolved as statuses show up blank sometimes.

Not sure, I haven't had that issue for a very long time. I believe the workaround was enabling "cache files" in the options.

Numbrero 12-20-2018 02:53 AM

I cant see what I type in the chat anymore until I send it, not the biggest issue but editing status is a pain now since I can't see anything

Jarace 12-20-2018 03:05 AM

Quote:

Posted by Numbrero (Post 822950)
I cant see what I type in the chat anymore until I send it, not the biggest issue but editing status is a pain now since I can't see anything

What device and android version are you using?

Ark 12-20-2018 05:04 AM

Quote:

Posted by Yurieru (Post 822944)

Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 822949)
Not sure, I haven't had that issue for a very long time. I believe the workaround was enabling "cache files" in the options.

Enabling cache files does fix this issue, but doing so makes the game lag a lot more. If only there was an option to save only font files.

Yurieru 12-20-2018 05:30 AM

I have tried enabling the cache which did fix the issue ,thank you for the solution but there is a lot more lag as Ark stated.

Numbrero 12-20-2018 11:00 AM

Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 822951)
What device and android version are you using?

I think it was, like, rca vikingpro and Android 5.0

Master Shredder 12-28-2018 01:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Im using android 7.0 on a Samsung Galaxy S7. It appears the way chatting is changed to not be full screen in 1.8. perhaps you could make it an option as i prefer it sometimes
Attachment 27408
Attachment 27409

As for lag. This version appears to run more smoother than 1.7 of graal classic. Probably because its utilizing the 64 bit processor. i dont know i just seem to move faster in the 1.8 screen recording than the 1.7 recording.

ISSUES
It appears there is a sounds issue in both 1.8 versions. In 1.7 the sword sound plays every time the sword is slashed. Therefore it is consistently being played. but in 1.8 when i spam my sword it only plays it twice, stops for 1-2 seconds then plays again. like the sound is playing in intervaled bursts.

On Era 1.8 it did the same with the sound effect of me shooting my shipka. ill attach a YouTube video

Jarace 01-02-2019 11:36 AM

A new update was released for the Classic and Era betas. Fixes include:
-Chatbar text color
-The asset bundles have been updated and associated bugs should be resolved

Numbrero 01-02-2019 01:53 PM

This fixed my problem, thank you!!

Jarace 01-11-2019 04:41 PM

Another new update has been released for all of the apps. It fixes:
- The repeating sound issue
- Emoticons not showing

Jarace 01-28-2019 08:16 AM

A new update just released for all of the apps. Here's what was changed:
- Fixed an issue when opening from the samsung bar
- Added management for screen size changes

Jarace 02-06-2019 05:13 PM

The Zone and Ol' West apps have left beta and are now available for everyone. Here's a list of the changes made during the beta for them:
- Fixed multitasking problem
- Fixed application not responding problem
- The chat bar is no longer full screen
- Support for 64bits and x86 processors
- Various bug fixes

Alpho 02-07-2019 11:35 PM

Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 824196)
The Zone and Ol' West apps have left beta and are now available for everyone.

Hey Jarace. Thank you for your activity on this project - this is very exciting. Do you have a sort of time frame for releasing the iOS version of the new client?

Jarace 02-08-2019 01:15 AM

Quote:

Posted by Alpho (Post 824209)
Hey Jarace. Thank you for your activity on this project - this is very exciting. Do you have a sort of time frame for releasing the iOS version of the new client?

Sorry, not sure of the time frame for the iOS versions - I'm just posting the change logs here as they are released and looking for bugs like anyone else.

Jarace 02-13-2019 04:52 PM

A new beta version is available for Ol' West and Zone. The app now uses internal storage instead of the SD card, which should result in reading/writing to storage being faster.

Distorted_P2P 02-13-2019 11:24 PM

it's almost not even funny anymore that Delteria is still in beta

Jarace 02-19-2019 07:20 AM

Classic and Era have new beta versions. These versions, like the Ol' West and Zone versions before them, use internal storage instead of the SD card.

Jarace 03-21-2019 07:21 PM

There is a new beta for Classic, Era, Ol' West and Zone. Here's a summary of the fixes:

-Should fix problems with app in background
-Minor bug fixes
-Should fix black background problem

BlackPandaah 03-21-2019 08:53 PM

Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 825045)
There is a new beta for Classic, Era, Ol' West and Zone. Here's a summary of the fixes:

-Minor bug fixes

When is playerworld coming on iOS

Jarace 03-22-2019 05:31 AM

Quote:

Posted by BlackPandaah (Post 825046)
When is playerworld coming on iOS

As with the iOS updates Alpho inquired about, I'm not sure.

Here's the post I'm referring to:
Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 824212)
Sorry, not sure of the time frame for the iOS versions - I'm just posting the change logs here as they are released and looking for bugs like anyone else.

I'm sure they'll come when they're ready!

Jarace 03-25-2019 07:50 PM

Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 825045)

-Minor bug fixes

These beta versions have been released and are now available for everyone to download.

Fanta 04-04-2019 12:46 PM

Quote:

Posted by unixmad (Post 821466)
We are starting an open beta for Classic, Era, Olwest and Zone Android.

The new version is:
  • Fixing several bugs some of them were crashing the app.
  • Supporting more processors (i386, 64bits...) so it should run faster on modern devices.

Please report bugs on this thread or on Graalians Discord. We have limited to 1000 beta testers per game.
Classic Beta download
Era Beta download
Olwest Beta download
Zone Beta Download

can I be admin <3

Jarace 04-05-2019 03:22 PM

A new beta update is available for all games - it fixes some bugs.

Jarace 04-09-2019 06:19 PM

The previous version has left beta and is live for everyone

McCullough 04-10-2019 12:08 AM

Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 825345)
The previous version has left beta and is live for everyone

Thanks for your hard work. ��

After update, all NPC interface yes/no questions kind of clip off past the bottom of my screen, which wasn't the case before.

https://imgur.com/a/GH6RqyN

Jarace 04-10-2019 01:16 AM

Quote:

Posted by McCullough (Post 825357)
Thanks for your hard work. ��

Thank the developers, not me. I'm just making posts about their work, after all.

Quote:

Posted by McCullough (Post 825357)
After update, all NPC interface yes/no questions kind of clip off past the bottom of my screen, which wasn't the case before.

https://imgur.com/a/GH6RqyN

What's the model of the device you are experiencing this on?

McCullough 04-10-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 825358)
Thank the developers, not me. I'm just making posts about their work, after all.

What's the model of the device you are experiencing this on?

This is happening on my LG V10 phone.