Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Chat (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Rey quickly learning the force (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38242)

Caferino 02-11-2017 06:00 PM

Rey quickly learning the force

As many of you know, The Force Awakens was heavily criticized for the fact that Rey apparently learnt the ways of the force very very quickly (in hours, while luke needed years) and won against a wounded Kylo Ren.

I have a theory, and I am confident that it could be true since it is the only way for JJ Abrahams to turn the table to all those angry fans:

What if Rey trained with Luke? What if she was there since a kid, learnt how to use the force, how to use a lightsaber and so on, but since Kylo Ren started killing everyone, maybe Luke saved her and somehow wiped her memory for her own safety (so Luke's hideout stays unknown). That's why she has flashbacks of her mother who she can't remember, her mom leaving her somewhere (probably with Luke). Also, when she touched the lightsaber and gets all these Luke-related flashbacks, it seems she remembered pieces of the vital things that were erased from her, the force tricks and lightsaber trainings amongst them. And finally, when Chewbacca and Rey see Princess Leia for the first time, Leia goes and hugs Rey FIRST, which was weird, but it could make sense if Leia knew about the genocide in Luke's temple and she knew Rey when she was a kid or something.

What do you think guys? I don't see another way for her to learn the force with such ease.

Eugeen 02-11-2017 06:03 PM

I learnt the force pretty fast myself

TWIZ 02-11-2017 09:04 PM

Yeah, there are a lot of coincidences in that movie, almost too many. I always thought the staff skills were a bit suspicious, and the fact that her staff was made out of bits and pieces of light sabers, but that could have simply been luck of the draw of heaps of trash.

Or maybe she's just the "chosen one" which doesn't seem like a recurring trait in the series. It's almost always a matter of hard work determination.

Asaiki 02-11-2017 11:38 PM

Yeah I could believe your theory, But I'm not a big fan of star wars. I used to be one though.

But this is a plausible theory! I like your theory very much It makes me soo hyped lol for some reason.

Melon* 02-13-2017 04:57 AM

Quote:

Posted by Caferino (Post 764019)
As many of you know, The Force Awakens was heavily criticized for the fact that Rey apparently learnt the ways of the force very very quickly (in hours, while luke needed years) and won against a wounded Kylo Ren.

I have a theory, and I am confident that it could be true since it is the only way for JJ Abrahams to turn the table to all those angry fans:

What if Rey trained with Luke? What if she was there since a kid, learnt how to use the force, how to use a lightsaber and so on, but since Kylo Ren started killing everyone, maybe Luke saved her and somehow wiped her memory for her own safety (so Luke's hideout stays unknown). That's why she has flashbacks of her mother who she can't remember, her mom leaving her somewhere (probably with Luke). Also, when she touched the lightsaber and gets all these Luke-related flashbacks, it seems she remembered pieces of the vital things that were erased from her, the force tricks and lightsaber trainings amongst them. And finally, when Chewbacca and Rey see Princess Leia for the first time, Leia goes and hugs Rey FIRST, which was weird, but it could make sense if Leia knew about the genocide in Luke's temple and she knew Rey when she was a kid or something.

What do you think guys? I don't see another way for her to learn the force with such ease.

Or....... She is Anakin 2.0

Crono 02-13-2017 10:11 AM

inb4 kylo tries to turn good and is killed and rey avenges him by defeating the evil doods

Ryan 02-13-2017 10:30 AM

its because she is female and clearly women are more powerful.

check mate you misogynistic bigot.

Saizo 02-13-2017 11:49 AM

She got the "Plot Power" stuff ya know..
Well kylo is a noob.

Pr0m4N V.14 02-13-2017 12:39 PM

Rouge one kinda sucked. Where is the crawl?