Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Christmas hats 2019 (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41767)

bu7maid 12-26-2019 08:09 AM

Christmas hats 2019

Share with me your thoughts

SomeGuy 12-26-2019 08:55 AM

Cool

David M. 12-26-2019 09:19 AM

I didn’t like the items too much. Only things I really like are the old items like the shoulderpads but I don’t really support them putting those old items in gifts lol

C5W 12-26-2019 01:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lol so basically we try to make hats from scratch and nothing gets uploaded and then people like Luxe(sinclair) steals literally the hat frame of the Wonder GST hat with bad shading and gets it uploaded (comparison upper half of the picture)
Also the GST hat of Holy's shuriken is placed on this other hat.
idk if it is made by the same person, but if it is, are u guys this lazy to make just another 30pixels of shuriken? and if it is not, are you guys randomly accepting hats?
and since nobody is honest, overall the hats sucks thanks cutieno.

Green 12-26-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Posted by C5W (Post 829238)
Lol so basically we try to make hats from scratch and nothing gets uploaded and then people like Luxe(sinclair) steals literally the hat frame of the Wonder GST hat with bad shading and gets it uploaded (comparison upper half of the picture)
idk if it is made by the same person, but if it is, are u guys this lazy to make just another 30pixels of shuriken? and if it is not, are you guys randomly accepting hats?

Although there are slight differences it does look like an edit of the GST hat. The whole concept is the same and I might not be experienced enough to know but the shading on those white(?) parts looks really similar.

https://i.imgur.com/sQ8xf8M.gif

I moved a few things around in paint.net and a lot of things do line up. I'm not saying that it's 100% just a copy/paste with edits because for all we know the creator might've just liked the hat and recreated their own version of it but either way I think this getting accepted is unfair for the people who own the GST hat.
Thought I'd add that on the Christmas hat the white parts at the bottom are further apart than the GST hat but I put them in the same positions as the GST one.

Also I think lueegy made both of those bottom hats. I don't think there's anything wrong with using something small like part of a shuriken but it shouldn't be too hard to just create a new one.

Onto something else. I and a lot of other people are kind of getting sick of hats with heaps of recolours. Some hats just look made with the purpose of having 10's of recolours which I don't like the idea of. I'd much rather the creator spending all that time on one hat which looks nice and polished instead of a bunch of different versions of the same hat which the majority of players won't be wearing in a week or two from now.

Lastly, I don't know how the process of accepting items goes but I saw some really nice hats being made in discord servers or on the forums and I don't see anyone wearing them which means they didn't make it. Are there any specific rules hats have to follow which aren't really stated in the thread? Such as the style of the art, the content of it and maybe even the colours which are used? Some more info about this would be greatly appreciated for the future.

Mars96 12-26-2019 01:41 PM

I hate the glasses on head hats, who made that

bu7maid 12-26-2019 02:05 PM

What’s the point of having 15 recolored hats ? Who’s responsible for the submission and approval

Crono 12-26-2019 02:13 PM

Quote:

Posted by Green (Post 829239)
Although there are slight differences it does look like an edit of the GST hat. The whole concept is the same and I might not be experienced enough to know but the shading on those white(?) parts looks really similar.

https://i.imgur.com/sQ8xf8M.gif

I moved a few things around in paint.net and a lot of things do line up. I'm not saying that it's 100% just a copy/paste with edits because for all we know the creator might've just liked the hat and recreated their own version of it but either way I think this getting accepted is unfair for the people who own the GST hat.

Also I think lueegy made both of those bottom hats. I don't think there's anything wrong with using something small like part of a shuriken but it shouldn't be too hard to just create a new one.

Onto something else. I and a lot of other people are kind of getting sick of hats with heaps of recolours. Some hats just look made with the purpose of having 10's of recolours which I don't like the idea of. I'd much rather the creator spending all that time on one hat which looks nice and polished instead of a bunch of different versions of the same hat which the majority of players won't be wearing in a week or two from now.

Lastly, I don't know how the process of accepting items goes but I saw some really nice hats being made in discord servers or on the forums and I don't see anyone wearing them which means they didn't make it. Are there any specific rules hats have to follow which aren't really stated in the thread? Such as the style of the art, the content of it and maybe even the colours which are used? Some more info about this would be greatly appreciated for the future.

you're an absolute treasure

JinA 12-26-2019 02:18 PM

2019 Christmas submissions

For the last several Halloween&Christmas submissions, confirmation emails were sent to everyone which made the participants feel some kind of security that their work will be reviewed. I think they should have kept this system. Also I think it would have been better if the exact time for the deadline have been notified. For this year's Christmas there were no posts on the Christmas 2019 thread regarding that the submission have now been closed/emails have been sent to those who's work got accepted.

Green 12-26-2019 02:20 PM

Quote:

Posted by Crono (Post 829243)
you're an absolute treasure

:giggle:

Quote:

Posted by JinA (Post 829244)
For the last several Halloween&Christmas submissions, confirmation emails were sent to everyone which made the participants feel some kind of security that their work will be reviewed. I think they should have kept this system. Also I think it would have been better if the exact time for the deadline have been notified. For this year's Christmas there were no posts on the Christmas 2019 thread regarding that the submission have now been closed/emails have been sent to those who's work got accepted.

How did I forget about this part. I was stressing out so much about not knowing if I sent in my email correctly and I was annoying my friends so much lol. Confirmation emails are a must have to make us feel "safer" in a sense about our submissions. The deadline being the 22nd is ok enough though but it being clearer would be nice.

Ivy 12-26-2019 02:24 PM

Honestly most everything I’ve seen so far is ugly as hell

Yami 12-26-2019 02:26 PM

I understand the want to have more colors for more customization opportunities;

However -
https://puu.sh/ETpg9/2f04eee049.png
My eyes can't even detect a difference between all of the pink ones, and all of the green ones. It might just be me, but they all look the same.

Green 12-26-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Posted by Yami (Post 829247)
I understand the want to have more colors for more customization opportunities;

However -
https://puu.sh/ETpg9/2f04eee049.png
My eyes can't even detect a difference between all of the pink ones, and all of the green ones. It might just be me, but they all look the same.

I think hats like that would be find if there were only a couple of different colours but yeah unless you zoom in a lot of those look identical.

I was mainly talking about hats like this though which don't really have any detail and just look like a hue shift was done.
https://i.imgur.com/gGd18Qm.png

C5W 12-26-2019 03:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And maybe don't make the same mount but uglier? thanks

Perception. 12-26-2019 03:59 PM

Quote:

Posted by C5W (Post 829238)

AHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA i love you

Quick resume :

New artist who draw from scratch arent accepted because IT DOES NOT FIT the new shading design you guys want in game.

- too many recolors, sorry i meant UGLY recolors.
- Accessories are a joke, some glasses aren't even on the eyes of most of the head

- YOU CAN GET THE SAME HAT/ACCESSORIES multiples times ahahahah