Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ol' West Future Improvements (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   What makes the game boring. (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41926)

Drakey 05-12-2020 09:07 AM

What makes the game boring.

Alright so I finally took time to ask players individually about what makes this game boring and their were responds were simply:
1. Lack of events
Alright so, events aren’t usually hosted anymore like they used to. I know it’s not mandatory for a staff member to host but I feel like they should every once in a awhile. Some players don’t get to experience events at all because events aren’t hosted in their timezone anymore and I find this quite depressing tbh.
2. No new content
I don’t even know when was the last time we had anything worth logging on for really. (Except for the free shield prank.) No new content=lack of motivation to play the game. Things can tend to get repetitive really quick. I notice that admins usually have on the working tag but I don’t see anything new added to the game.
3. Alliances
A lot of players stated this as the main reason the game is boring. The basing system, so as you know there’s 5 bases in west, 2 of which are owned by 1 gang (Aorus, Vence). Players said that it’s nearly impossible to war any of these gangs because in the end they’ll always offer each other assistance. And I know the staff team tried to solve this problem with the ally being able to take damage in the base which failed miserably ��. But anyways, some players always said that they wished the basing rotation was implemented in the game again with a few adjustments to it. Not only would it break a few alliances, but it would also be pretty cool to see gangs going at it to actually earn their hours and not just afk in their base for free gp along with free rewards *cough mohawk*
4. No Major Events
Now this one, I can totally agree on. There hasn’t been a Gst since 2016 and that’s really sad because Gst was suppose to be an annual event. But the reason for this not happening I was told is because there isn’t a proper/working script for the event to happen. Players gave you guys almost 4 years to design a fresh script but there hasn’t been any progress what so ever. And one of the prizes for winning Gst is pretty much a waste at this point because a staff recently informed me that there wasn’t going to be a Gst any time soon (qualification for the next gang spar tournament.)

Symmasolan 05-12-2020 10:35 AM

Quick question. How many hours of work do you think the shield will take?

Symmasolan 05-12-2020 12:24 PM

Sorry, that reply was a bit toxic. Hadn't had my morning coffee kick in quite yet.

The shield being a "prank", as you say here, is false. Just be patient. I don't think anybody knew what we were getting in to when we added the shield in at the last minute, then suddenly it won.

Drakey 05-12-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Posted by Symmasolan (Post 830623)
Sorry, that reply was a bit toxic. Hadn't had my morning coffee kick in quite yet.

The shield being a "prank", as you say here, is false. Just be patient. I don't think anybody knew what we were getting in to when we added the shield in at the last minute, then suddenly it won.

What about the other points I made?

Symmasolan 05-12-2020 05:59 PM

1. That bit's out of my control. We've literally gotten feedback saying we have too many Gamemasters and not enough of other people, even though they're what we need most of. They're the people that host the events, and it's not something we force them to do. If they don't want to, then they don't have to. We do have at least one Deputy online at any given time, but not everyone wants to host events.

2. The no new content thing is most likely because Ol'West hasn't had a dedicated developer since I left last time around, as far as I know/have been told. Orange and Jeff were the most skilled developers. Orange made the pet system, but his life got too busy to allow for Graal. Jeff works on Era now. There will be things coming out, but much like the shield it will all just take time. The magic ingredient~

3. I brought this up in a different thread. Here's the relevant bit.
Quote:

Posted by Symmasolan (Post 830596)
".. I think we need 1 more base and all these gangs like peace stuff what is that and .."
-Calm down there partner. I agree that the bases need some sort of change, but that won't happen until we come up with some silver bullet(s?) to help "fix" (read aloud as "change") the issue. I'm sure you and everyone reading this knows it, but players in any game are really damn good at finding ways to break intentions behind systems and changes. No system is or will be perfect, but I'm not planning on making split-second choices about something so important to the game as a whole.

4. The 2016 GST was a bit of a mess. It was fun, but hard as hell to pump out in such a short time. It was incredibly buggy, as well as the livestream portion of it being quite messy in its own right. I don't remember who was commentating with me, but basically the guy we wanted to do it just wasn't available, and I'd basically spent the entire previous night getting the code up to snuff as best I could.
TL;DR/In short, I don't think we'll have any big events quite like that in the near future.
Maybe a long time from now. It's not something I've considered at the moment, since I'm currently spending most my time fixing issues on the backend that most people don't even know about since they aren't a visible part of the game.

Kemosabe 05-12-2020 08:06 PM

No One Is Getting Paid

from what i know, only managers get paid for their service. everyone else is basically doing it for fun or a hobby. if the owner of graal was paying people it would be a totally different game

Drakey 05-12-2020 08:19 PM

Quote:

Posted by Symmasolan (Post 830626)
1. That bit's out of my control. We've literally gotten feedback saying we have too many Gamemasters and not enough of other people, even though they're what we need most of. They're the people that host the events, and it's not something we force them to do. If they don't want to, then they don't have to. We do have at least one Deputy online at any given time, but not everyone wants to host events.

2. The no new content thing is most likely because Ol'West hasn't had a dedicated developer since I left last time around, as far as I know/have been told. Orange and Jeff were the most skilled developers. Orange made the pet system, but his life got too busy to allow for Graal. Jeff works on Era now. There will be things coming out, but much like the shield it will all just take time. The magic ingredient~

3. I brought this up in a different thread. Here's the relevant bit.

4. The 2016 GST was a bit of a mess. It was fun, but hard as hell to pump out in such a short time. It was incredibly buggy, as well as the livestream portion of it being quite messy in its own right. I don't remember who was commentating with me, but basically the guy we wanted to do it just wasn't available, and I'd basically spent the entire previous night getting the code up to snuff as best I could.
TL;DR/In short, I don't think we'll have any big events quite like that in the near future.
Maybe a long time from now. It's not something I've considered at the moment, since I'm currently spending most my time fixing issues on the backend that most people don't even know about since they aren't a visible part of the game.

Thank you for your explanation. <3