Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Video Games (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40508)

ZedFox 05-30-2018 06:51 AM

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!

Thoughts?

Keep in mind this is not the core RPG for Switch that was announced to be in the works last year.

Eugeen 05-30-2018 09:37 AM

Seems like a smart move to bring some life back to Pokémon GO while also providing cutesy gameplay alongside it
I’m gonna wait for the core pokémon game before I bother looking into buying a switch though

Hadzz 05-30-2018 09:47 AM

I was worried when I first saw the leaks but the trailer was a pleasant surprise, although I am still worried about the catching system; seems like it will become stale very fast. Pokemon quest is where it's at though.

Pokki 05-30-2018 02:48 PM

Honestly it looks amazing. I’m done with people bitching about how the battle system is ruined, but you have to remember that this is just simply a Pokémon Yellow remake and that the core RPG Pokémon game will be released in the last half of 2019. I was a little disappointed when they said the game wouldn’t incorporate online play, but as of today I learned it will.

5hift 05-30-2018 03:07 PM

Pokemon Go implementation is the biggest waste of resources this game could have invested in.

Ximithie 05-30-2018 04:11 PM

I remember In elementary school when everyone would bring Pokemon cards to school and everyone would trade lol.

but it is very cool that they are starting to make pokemon games again.

G Fatal 05-30-2018 07:28 PM

Seems interesting be good if they make it kinda like old games but possibly be more a social hub park for pokemon pets with maybe small map to walk them about/battle or capture more? maybe even levelup better.

Bwt They also got a roblox kinda game also on switch but later coming to devices called:
Pokemon Quest seems fairly cool, gives different fresh style of play

kenthefruit 05-30-2018 10:04 PM

Literally wouldve been an amazing remake minus the catching system and the worse battling system layout, the pokemon Go integration seems forced and unnecessary. Love the graphics and the pokemon sprites that follow the trainer. Looks true to an authentic pokemon game but better graphics for the better system. Glad it's not the core game and hope the core game keeps some similarities from this.

G Fatal 05-30-2018 10:59 PM

After relooking at these apps feel they all going down line of pay2play/progress prefer the old games simply pay for game and no need for additional purchases to progress quicker etc

Jarace 11-20-2018 03:24 AM

It's out now. Anyone playing it?

I've played a bit. Catching system aside, I've enjoyed it.

kenthefruit 11-20-2018 07:36 PM

I don't miss the battling wild pokemon at all, but the shared experience and catching pokemon for exp grind (considering the catch system is so poorly done) is pretty rough. If you aren't using the given Eevee or Pikachu, the game seems to be considerably difficult if you're doing only 1v1 battles. Only getting like 140 exp per pokemon catch at like lvl 32 which is literally nothing.

not to mention if your party isnt full, you have to REPEATEDLY catch and remove the pokemon every single time so they dont absorb some of the shared experience. the interface is poor in doing so and there is no setting to automatically send to the pc (that ive found??)

tldr; its fun, but kind of a disaster

Eugeen 11-20-2018 10:51 PM

The gameplay looks kinda boring to me, seems more directed and fitting for a younger audience than the core games which is fine tbh

Dusty 11-21-2018 03:18 AM

Quote:

Posted by kenthefruit (Post 821435)
I don't miss the battling wild pokemon at all, but the shared experience and catching pokemon for exp grind (considering the catch system is so poorly done) is pretty rough. If you aren't using the given Eevee or Pikachu, the game seems to be considerably difficult if you're doing only 1v1 battles. Only getting like 140 exp per pokemon catch at like lvl 32 which is literally nothing.

not to mention if your party isnt full, you have to REPEATEDLY catch and remove the pokemon every single time so they dont absorb some of the shared experience. the interface is poor in doing so and there is no setting to automatically send to the pc (that ive found??)

tldr; its fun, but kind of a disaster

There are keys to getting more experience, though it's a lot easier at the beginning of the game. Chaining a combo(catching the same pokemon in a row), and going for evolved pokemon. Also try for excellent on first throw and you can get an 8x+ multiplier if everything goes well. But like I said, it gets much more difficult to do this later on when Pokemon become much more difficult to catch.

Macbeth 11-21-2018 07:07 AM

It’s been really fun to shiny hunt. Legit probably the easiest game to shiny hunt in. And it’s an amazing feeling to see them shiny even outside of the battle scene.

h0lim 11-21-2018 04:29 PM

I have been playing online battles with friends and randoms (use pikachu 3 times in the code for random battles) and I gotta say it is a fun somewhat simplified experience, no abilities and no held items is just like original gen 1, I am really liking this game, I wish we had more pokémon tho, it will be boring to see the same op ones over time but other than that I think deserves some credit