Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Future Improvements (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   GST 32 brackets (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41426)

Saeed 05-26-2019 01:28 PM

GST 32 brackets

Merge the two different 32 brackets GSTs into one 32 brackets. With 3 hats for teams who place instead of 6 hats. Make round 4 and round 3 best of 5 instead of best of 3.
Can we please merge the two different 32 brackets GST's into one 32 brackets GST?
Five reasons why GST shouldn't be a 64 brackets that is separated into idevice and mixed:
  1. The competition in both iDevice and mixed has decreased, mainly in Mixed. The first few rounds are just good teams vs players who never sparred before
  2. The first reason lead to this: Most of the teams that enter the GST are entering it for the event item that you buy from the GST shop, is this the reason why developers created the GST? I don't think so.
  3. We always have 6 GST hats where 3 of them are not great (no offense to the GFX admins) And the other 3 are wearable, although they're not super good but they're better than the other 3.
  4. The first round in GST always take a whole hour and it's literally JUST good teams vs teams that are entering the GST for the item. A waste of an hour
  5. Due to the reason above, we can't have round 4 and round 3 to be best of 5 instead of best of 3. Because the first round already took ages to finish
  6. It's literally what all the players wantThe only two players that will say no are "crime" and "super" because they think PC is an advantage when it's not. In addition to the fact most PC players are not as good as the idevice players. Can you at least agree with that?

Note: Round 1 can be separated into four matches for each of the four boxes. Round 2 can be two matches for each of the four boxes. Then round 3 can be two matches for two boxes instead of 4. Semi-finals and finals can take place once at a time.

Crono 05-26-2019 03:40 PM

Don't see why they shouldn't be merged already.

BrandonGraal 05-26-2019 04:55 PM

It just gives newer players no chance to ever reach top 3. Feel like it'd just make them stop even trying for it knowing that its close to impossible. I personally wouldnt mind it, but even crazy low class players such as (catfood) wouldnt ever be able to get enough pts to pretispate in GsT. Only way i could be fine with it if it was 64 Teams combined GsT. Still be shorter due to the fact we dont have to wait for 3rd place match for idev and finals for idev.

Saeed 05-26-2019 04:59 PM

These teams only enter for the item in the GST shop. Not allowing the admins to make the good matches in round 3 and 4 longer.
That’s the only tournament and only thing keeping sparers alive, if developers want non-sparers to join a tourney then they should do something else because GST is for us.
More than 50 teams out of 64 are teams who never sparred and entered for the item.
You still get noob sparers in a 32 brackets. At least 16 teams will be non-sparers too

BrandonGraal 05-26-2019 05:02 PM

Hmm, I wouldn't really know how it'd end up. The player amount on graal is decreasing so 32 bracket could just be fine. Hard to say how it'll turn out till it happens

Thallen 05-26-2019 05:28 PM

No other part of the game is separated by device anymore, but I don't feel strongly either way so it's not a big deal to me

Voted for it just because I'm bored with Graal and welcoming anything new
Also, this would hopefully contribute to there actually being quality hats overall

4-Lom 05-26-2019 05:29 PM

Quote:

Posted by Saeed (Post 826043)
[*]The first round in GST always take a whole hour and it's literally JUST good teams vs teams that are entering the GST for the item. A waste of an hour

That's it guys.
Spar is dead.
New players without experience may as well not even participate anymore.

:shy:

GOAT 05-26-2019 07:48 PM

If you want competition just enter the iDevice side. Afraid of sparring without a PC? It’s just a 5 button competition :blush:

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 826049)
That's it guys.
Spar is dead.

Lol

Saeed 05-26-2019 09:21 PM

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 826049)
That's it guys.
Spar is dead.

I understand why you say that because you never participated in GST at least not lately.

In mixed round 1+2+3 were just noob teams vs good teams. except for one match in round 3.
Making it 32 teams instead of 64 doesn't change the fact non-sparrers can still enter the GST. Just less teams that don't spar will enter.
Allowing admins to make the good matches best of 5 instead of best of 3.

BrandonGraal 05-26-2019 11:20 PM

Quote:

Posted by Saeed (Post 826055)
I understand why you say that because you never participated in GST at least not lately.

In mixed round 1+2+3 were just noob teams vs good teams. except for one match in round 3.
Making it 32 teams instead of 64 doesn't change the fact non-sparrers can still enter the GST. Just less teams that don't spar will enter.
Allowing admins to make the good matches best of 5 instead of best of 3.

noob guilds find excitement though seeing how far they can get, most noob teams that I saw wanted to try and go as far as they could. It was actual decent players that just played for items.With this system no low class players have any chance of going anywhere. Just death within round 1, if your lucky.. you made round 2!!!! woah ;00000. This tournament isn't only for sparrers to have fun with, whats fun of joining to just die round 1

Saeed 05-26-2019 11:49 PM

Quote:

Posted by BrandonGraal (Post 826056)
noob guilds find excitement though seeing how far they can get, most noob teams that I saw wanted to try and go as far as they could. It was actual decent players that just played for items.With this system no low class players have any chance of going anywhere. Just death within round 1, if your lucky.. you made round 2!!!! woah ;00000. This tournament isn't only for sparrers to have fun with, whats fun of joining to just die round 1

I already said they join for the item they don't really care what round they lose, I'm saying this because that's what pkers tell me.

Either way, are you disagreeing with these ideas because you want noobs to pass round 1? In what round a team loses should have nothing to do with how the GST is setup. They can practice if they want to pass round 1 and do better just like us sparers do. Why are going to have a dead GST because of players who can't pass round 1? That don't even care about GST.

You guys are just making up reasons now for not merging the two gsts and making it 32 brackets instead of 64

BrandonGraal 05-27-2019 12:13 AM

Quote:

Posted by Saeed (Post 826057)
I already said they join for the item they don't really care what round they lose, I'm saying this because that's what pkers tell me.

Either way, are you disagreeing with these ideas because you want noobs to pass round 1? In what round a team loses should have nothing to do with how the GST is setup. They can practice if they want to pass round 1 and do better just like us sparers do. Why are going to have a dead GST because of players who can't pass round 1? That don't even care about GST.

You guys are just making up reasons now for not merging the two gsts and making it 32 brackets instead of 64

if you want I can name you multiple people to text who are not sparrers but like to play to see how far they may go and do care about GsT. Not playing for the item, just playing how well a team may do. One of my closest friends on graal Matt is this way. Which he ended up losing to whirlpool. He finds exictement in a possibility of making round 3. Once in a blue moon u notice a random noob guild who maked 4th. Nobody knows who they are but they enjoy it. Only way I see 32 bracket working is if it was every month, not every 3.. or make better rewards for doing GsT. Other than the presents you buy, of what don't know. This as well gives 32 less teams a chance to get a item due to sucking 2 much to get pts, which is 224 players who cant get a item with a 32 bracket.

Reggie* 05-27-2019 09:36 AM

Two Different GST's

Pro/Actual Sparrer GST
So for the pro/actual sparrer GST teams such as
-Royals
-Alumni
-Oi
-tmrwgang
-AGOY
-Holy
-etc
Would get to all spar (this would be combined Idev+PC). It would be a 32 Bracket unless not enough teams
then there would be less? And anyways they would all spar like a normal GST now but without interference of
teams purely there for items, these teams would compete for the hats and belt.

Problem(s)(Suggest)
-Most likely not a lot of teams to start out with

Noob GST
For the Noob GST teams like
-Catfood
-As We Fall
-Turkish Wolf
-those who would normally be in for the items
Would all spar, but sorta in like an easier bracket to where it isn't as difficult,
but still hard for them to win 1st, 2nd, 3rd because they would be sparring
against those who are their level of experience. They would also get hats for
winning and items would be the same for entering first round. Here it could be
64 bracket, it would most likely be a lot more active and competitive due to
being on more people's level and hard to get 1st, 2nd or 3rd. And if you get first
second or third place you would maybe move up to the Pro GST or maybe just
1st moves up, depends on probably the activity of the Pro GST and how good the
team actually is. (also Idev+PC)

Problem(s)(Suggest)
-determining who is good and bad
-determining if 1st, 2nd or 3rd should move up or not
-higher ranked or Pro guild(s) dropping down for hat.

Side Note
-Hats would have to be different because if they were the same then the problem
would be higher ranked guilds would move down to get easier bracket.
-I feel like this would be fun for non-pro guilds and also better for those (Pro) who want
to guild spar actual hard opponents more often, unlike the GST now. It would create an
opportunity for those like Saeed, Nanji, perhaps Thallen, etc to get to actually have a bit
of fun now days.

Overall Problem(s)(Suggest)
-Lack of admins to do so
Solve
Split it into 2 days or Saturdays.

Edit: Suggested by Exitium
-For Pro GST new items are made and a new shop or same shop different
level has the items and runs like the one we have now.
-For Non-Pro Sparrers shop stay currently the same, and then the hop and
summon is removed so Non-Pro sparrers cannot get the Pro GST Participant
items.
-Top 3 move up to Pro next GST if participate (and qualify ofc).

To tell who is Pro or Noob
-Well to determine the difference between a Pro and I guess a Noob team(s) would be look at the people. Persay you have As we Fall, everyone had negative records. While guilds like Royales most likely have all positive records. Also the point difference. Usually your good guilds have 2k+ or 1.95k+ and your guilds with like 1500 would be not so good. Could be flawed by Pro just not trying but they wouldn't get the new items or the hats from the "Pro" League. If they announced GST like so, August 24th is the Summer GST, Announce it and open point thing or whatever on the 11th and they have to be qualified for GST by the 21st or 22nd giving staff time to go through each team to sort them.

MikvaGraal 05-27-2019 10:36 AM

Merge gsts so the top 3 mixed teams get top 3 every season lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saeed 05-27-2019 01:23 PM

Is fp4 the only player who is incharge of the GST? Or jarace too? I don’t know if jarace is only incharge of the GST’s moderation.
Either way I want to see their opinions on this and why it shouldn’t happen. Where they disagree or agree