Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Auction House Thanks Staff (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41669)

Perception. 11-02-2019 11:51 PM

Auction House Thanks Staff

People wait for 12 hours for nothing (our problem), no clue about the opening for hat submission. Hat submission happen without information, just watch this first round enjoy. Getting some nice hats (rofl).
https://youtu.be/d1Mw306TVnY

Green 11-03-2019 01:26 AM

Quote:

Posted by Perception. (Post 828192)
People wait for 12 hours for nothing (our problem), no clue about the opening for hat submission. Hat submission happen without information, just watch this first round enjoy. Getting some nice hats (rofl).
https://youtu.be/d1Mw306TVnY

Like you said, if you waited there for half a day it's kind of your fault and no one elses. Everyone has the exact same odds of getting something in so you just have to be lucky enough to check at the right time and if staying there for 12 hours didn't work then I don't know what to say. This was my first time getting an item in while other people have gotten 2 or 3 in. Just keep trying and maybe you'll get something in next week.

4-Lom 11-03-2019 04:49 AM

Broken system.

Perception. 11-03-2019 08:09 AM

Quote:

Posted by Green (Post 828194)
Like you said, if you waited there for half a day it's kind of your fault and no one elses. Everyone has the exact same odds of getting something in so you just have to be lucky enough to check at the right time and if staying there for 12 hours didn't work then I don't know what to say. This was my first time getting an item in while other people have gotten 2 or 3 in. Just keep trying and maybe you'll get something in next week.

Nah bro, i wanted to try to put a hat to understand how it work that's all ! Its pretty funny because for all the people who walted with me, and when we saw the first hats submitted... hahah we were mad. But i know there are other auctions. And again i didn't say it was someone else fault.

The auction system is pretty nice, but the system for submitting hat is really really broken.

Yami 11-03-2019 08:15 AM

There really isn't a better system that would be weekly in-practice yet.

First-come-first-serve is the best option we have at the moment; and if the auction house was kept to a tight, or predictable time; it'd be even harder to get your stuff into an auction. Since everyone would know what time auctions were, and everyone would attempt to do it. Even if they're not really interested in auctioning stuff.

Perception. 11-03-2019 10:22 AM

Quote:

Posted by Yami (Post 828203)
There really isn't a better system that would be weekly in-practice yet.

First-come-first-serve is the best option we have at the moment; and if the auction house was kept to a tight, or predictable time; it'd be even harder to get your stuff into an auction. Since everyone would know what time auctions were, and everyone would attempt to do it. Even if they're not really interested in auctioning stuff.

Yea i understand all of this, we cant put a predictable time. But they could at least put a tiny animation or a tiny message only inside the auction house telling its open. IMO it'll not cause any lag and at least people will know submission are available.

And is there someone who choose the starting bid ? Cause i dont understand why a stupid hat from 2018 or 2017 which is pretty ugly (imo) start at like 1000g and a Octopus Hat Red and Black start at 50 gralats (and its a gif). Someone could explain it ?

Green 11-03-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Posted by Perception. (Post 828202)
Nah bro, i wanted to try to put a hat to understand how it work that's all ! Its pretty funny because for all the people who walted with me, and when we saw the first hats submitted... hahah we were mad. But i know there are other auctions. And again i didn't say it was someone else fault.

The auction system is pretty nice, but the system for submitting hat is really really broken.

Ah, I didn't fully undertsand your post then and I also didn't say it was anyone elses post. But yeah I agree that the submission process needs some work and Fp4 mentioned this in another thread:
Quote:

Posted by fp4 (Post 827228)
Simple yes/no voting system to have players curate thousands of auctions down to 54 for Sunday.

Quote:

Posted by fp4 (Post 827390)
We will be redesigning the queue when I'm not as busy IRL.

I'm not a fan of me opening the submissions randomly but if we announced a planned time then the server would be dropped to it's knees with everyone trying to submit at the same time -- as we saw on the Auctions launch day.

The current method isn't really 'fair' but it's hard to design a 'fair' system when it comes to filling 54 slots a week with the amount of players we have.

I don't know if plans have changed or not but i'm excited to see this voting system when it comes out. Imo it does sound like a good way to do it.

Also I'm pretty sure that the hats only appear on the hat stands once all 54 slots are full, so if you see them you're already too late. There's about a 5-10 second window for submissions. If youre quick to notice they're open you can tell friends in guild chat and they can get theirs in too but once other people start picking up on it they fill up in 2-3 seconds.

Quote:

Posted by Perception. (Post 828202)

Ah, I didn't fully undertsand your post then and I also didn't say it was anyone elses post. But yeah I agree that the submission process needs some work and Fp4 mentioned this in another thread:
Quote:

Posted by fp4 (Post 827228)
Simple yes/no voting system to have players curate thousands of auctions down to 54 for Sunday.

Quote:

Posted by fp4 (Post 827390)
We will be redesigning the queue when I'm not as busy IRL.

I'm not a fan of me opening the submissions randomly but if we announced a planned time then the server would be dropped to it's knees with everyone trying to submit at the same time -- as we saw on the Auctions launch day.

The current method isn't really 'fair' but it's hard to design a 'fair' system when it comes to filling 54 slots a week with the amount of players we have.

I don't know if plans have changed or not but i'm excited to see this voting system when it comes out. Imo it does sound like a good way to do it.

Also I'm pretty sure that the hats only appear on the hat stands once all 54 slots are full, so if you see them you're already too late. There's about a 5-10 second window for submissions. If youre quick to notice they're open you can tell friends in guild chat and they can get theirs in too but once other people start picking up on it they fill up in 2-3 seconds.

I actually had an idea that I told some friends yesterday which would be pretty cool. Imagine if the auction man wasn't in the room while submissions are closed and instead walks in to the counter when they open then leaves again when they shut. It would work as a nice indicator for those already there and wouldn't cause crowds to rush in.

About the hat starting prices. I don't know what determines if something begins at a high or low price but I know for sure that they didn't manually go through each hat one by one. There are thousands of them and it would take way too long. It could have something to do with their sell price or how the hats were obtained but either way a rare and saught after hat selling for 50g instead of 1000g isn't a problem. It'll still skyrocket and get sold for a lot of money.

Perception. 11-03-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Posted by Green (Post 828205)

I actually had an idea that I told some friends yesterday which would be pretty cool. Imagine if the auction man wasn't in the room while submissions are closed and instead walks in to the counter when they open then leaves again when they shut. It would work as a nice indicator for those already there and wouldn't cause crowds to rush in.

About the hat starting prices. I don't know what determines if something begins at a high or low price but I know for sure that they didn't manually go through each hat one by one. There are thousands of them and it would take way too long. It could have something to do with their sell price or how the hats were obtained but either way a rare and saught after hat selling for 50g instead of 1000g isn't a problem. It'll still skyrocket and get sold for a lot of money.

Well we're thinking the same ! Im just tired of staff being no close to his community when some people here really really love this game and spend, time & money to keep it alive.
And yea most of the hat are overpriced haha !

Green 11-03-2019 12:55 PM

Quote:

Posted by Perception. (Post 828206)
Well we're thinking the same ! Im just tired of staff being no close to his community when some people here really really love this game and spend, time & money to keep it alive.
And yea most of the hat are overpriced haha !

I feel like that they're becoming better at interacting with the community. A few of the GP's and GFX staff are really friendly and easy to talk to and somehwat recently they started doing twitch streams for gst, events and they even have their trivia on twitter. All of those are a huge step in the right direction and I can only hope that it'll get better and better.