Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Future Improvements (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Dungeons? (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40580)

Vladamir Blackthorne 06-14-2018 09:22 AM

Dungeons?

Didn't unixmad tease some kind of dungeon waaaaay back in 2012/2013 ish? I dunno. Anyway why don't we have any dungeons so far? 5 years of calling the server classic and yet no dungeons! Cmon!

Rusix 06-14-2018 11:35 AM

Honestly, Like in the other thread. It's an amazing idea, And would really help Classic's lack of content and fun things to do for sure. But classic probably will never open up such a feature. Because unlike other servers, Classic is just there for Cosmetic uses. That's really it.Classic has been around for a pretty long time now. Even close being on the mobile play store for close to 10 years (I think it was released in 2009 which would mean we are getting close to that 10 year mark).

If classic REALLY wanted to add more content and actual fun activities to do in the game.it would have been done by now. It's pretty clear Classic does not and may have never planned to see such things come to life

Jarace 06-18-2018 10:59 PM

Quote:

Posted by Vladamir Blackthorne (Post 813508)
Didn't unixmad tease some kind of dungeon waaaaay back in 2012/2013 ish? I dunno. Anyway why don't we have any dungeons so far? 5 years of calling the server classic and yet no dungeons! Cmon!

Are you talking about that?

The problem I see with content like traditional dungeons or quests is that they take some amount of development time, then players do them once in a few minutes and will never do them again. It'd be more time efficient for devs to add repeatable content (perhaps dungeons in the style of a roguelike?) but I'm not sure how well-equipped we are to handle such a thing. Sounds like it would be heavy on the server.

Raeven 06-19-2018 01:00 AM

why not release some new events . not just GST, something like Guild Rumble or SST , incentives for certain amount of stats etc . to keep people interested on what they like to do on the game.

4-Lom 06-19-2018 07:51 AM

Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 813642)

Are you talking about that?

The problem I see with content like traditional dungeons or quests is that they take some amount of development time, then players do them once in a few minutes and will never do them again. It'd be more time efficient for devs to add repeatable content (perhaps dungeons in the style of a roguelike?) but I'm not sure how well-equipped we are to handle such a thing. Sounds like it would be heavy on the server.

The trick is to hit the sweet spot of pre-generated and randomized content.

Make a set of 100 pre-generated dungeon level areas. After that, have a randomized baddy placement algorithm for the entirety of the system. Have the server present a single set of 5 random levels out of the 100, shuffling it on a daily basis. In this way, you would have 20 days of absolutely new content at minimum... or if you weighted it (with rewards in certain rooms, for example) so that some showed up less often than others, you could have a few months of content without it getting old.

Play of these generated dungeons could be graded on a leaderboard system - how many deaths a player took to get through the area, how many baddies they killed, how much loot they picked up... if they got through without dying, what their time was per level or overall... there's lots of ways to make it competitive. Imagine getting a score out of 5 and getting tokens for your level of completion, and then having a special store you could spend the tokens in.

Additionally, you could plug in limited time level sets, seasonal events/baddies, special rewards... Or even charge gralats to run through the dungeon more than once per day...

Snow4u 06-19-2018 06:44 PM

What about a dungeon nexus :?

4-Lom 06-20-2018 11:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Posted by Snow4u (Post 813677)
What about a dungeon nexus :?

Attachment 25675

Eugeen 06-20-2018 01:59 PM

Can the server even handle dungeons? The fact that it can’t has been the reason why they aren’t in-game pretty sure.
It would take a lot from the server to even do pre-generated dungeons let alone randomized ones, even if they added a cap on this it’s unavoidable with like 5000+ active players

4-Lom 06-20-2018 03:50 PM

If you made one per day, not one per player, it makes it easier. :)

Master Shredder 06-26-2018 08:27 AM

add fortresses. Its a done deal