Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Graal Discussion (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What happened to the idev teams?? (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38942)

Sardon 05-06-2017 12:48 AM

What happened to the idev teams??

Recently I've decided fo play era and ol'west again and I've noticed a halt in development.
All iservers (most notably iera) have stopped producing any updates to their respected servers with the exeption of classic which is making tremendous progress thanks to the amazing dev team we have.

I would like to know if these servers are currently at a shortage of developers or
if they are simply working on a larger project and don't even have time for holiday themed shops to be released.

Ximithie 05-07-2017 01:05 PM

Graal era recently had a new VIP item and Cinco de mayo released on Graal era too same on graal ol west if you go on classic go on graalonline news and you should see it but i can't see it in era or ol west I'm not sure why I think its a bug

G Fatal 05-07-2017 02:19 PM

RIP Graal. End of an era.Possibly because the main developer of all iServers are in teenyears or older - In other words having jobs irl/ social life/college/uni etc etc. That being said what production are you meaning? I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary in ages bar box fort

tricklebean 05-07-2017 04:05 PM

what would happen IF all of them decided to quit and no one was willing to replace them?

Clown 05-07-2017 04:22 PM

Quote:

Posted by tricklebean (Post 780889)
what would happen IF all of them decided to quit and no one was willing to replace them?

no development dumbass

Thallen 05-07-2017 04:59 PM

Quote:

Posted by G Fatal (Post 780880)
RIP Graal. End of an era.Possibly because the main developer of all iServers are in teenyears or older - In other words having jobs irl/ social life/college/uni etc etc. That being said what production are you meaning? I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary in ages bar box fort

probably because you haven't played in years, you absolutely ******ed and annoying shill

tricklebean 05-07-2017 08:03 PM

Quote:

Posted by Clown (Post 780893)
no development dumbass

HOLY CRAP IM SORRY FOR BEING A DUMBASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyway since ur so smart, do you think unixmad or whoever would have plan B or would he just think, well fk, ill just close down everything

Alpho 05-08-2017 03:36 AM

It's hard for people to commit time and do development for free when you have a life and full time work. Maybe they should give back to the developers. You could possibly see a lot more development if that were the case.

Major online games aren't ran by volunteer staff.

G Fatal 05-08-2017 08:30 AM

Quote:

Posted by Thallen (Post 780896)
probably because you haven't played in years, you absolutely ******ed and annoying shill

There's still no actual update, although you get hyped off a sparhat; easily please eh. even in my comment said about recent update..lol so ignorant.

Quote:

Posted by Alpho (Post 781005)
It's hard for people to commit time and do development for free when you have a life and full time work. Maybe they should give back to the developers. You could possibly see a lot more development if that were the case.

Major online games aren't ran by volunteer staff.

^^^ yeah this for sure, if they started paying(that I doubt they'll do) but if they did alot more would be done simple as that.

Thor 05-08-2017 12:01 PM

I would agree that iDevelopers who are providing quality or cutting-edge content which is clearly having a positive impact on the game's income should be given some form of financial incentive. Stefan once said that he didn't want to transact serious payments to developers because "then their work would be about money", but if they're able to make a good return on the investment then who cares what their motivation is? Stefan should have also known that not every developer would be in it "just for the money" either. The ironic part is that both Stefan and Stephane offered me money and a free iPhone to work on mobile Graal.

As for that deep, dark recess of Graal which Stephane continues to practically deny the existence of, -any- form of tangible incentive would be progress compared to the current predicament.

Elk 05-08-2017 12:17 PM

Quote:

Posted by Thor (Post 781040)
I would agree that iDevelopers who are providing quality or cutting-edge content which is clearly having a positive impact on the game's income should be given some form of financial incentive. Stefan once said that he didn't want to transact serious payments to developers because "then their work would be about money", but if they're able to make a good return on the investment then who cares what their motivation is? Stefan should have also known that not every developer would be in it "just for the money" either. The ironic part is that both Stefan and Stephane offered me money and a free iPhone to work on mobile Graal.

As for that deep, dark recess of Graal which Stephane continues to practically deny the existence of, -any- form of tangible incentive would be progress compared to the current predicament.

yes

Clown 05-08-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

-take free iPhone
-prank call Stephane
-put a png image of an iPhone in a trash can on GTA

Sardon 05-08-2017 01:55 PM

Quote:

I agree I would like to see developers be rewarded financialy for their efforts.
This will allow these people to continue developing as they will be able to sustain themselves and have their work on the servers pay for their rent and Bread

Clown 05-08-2017 04:20 PM

I think one of the issues is that some of the developers are under the legal age to get payed for work (I think that's a law) and this can cause some legal issues.

Elk 05-08-2017 04:30 PM

a game-intern currency that can be redeemed for real money and bought with real money would be nice