Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Please stop making hats based off an already used idea (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37865)

Red 01-10-2017 11:24 PM

Please stop making hats based off an already used idea

How many animal ear style hats have been sold in the past 1 and a half years.

How many hats similar to rufus' king of the cool cats hat have been sold.

How wolf hats since the fairytail nexus have been sold.

How many hats similar to the classic wings hat have been sold (horns at destiny bazaar).

How many hats extremely similar to GST hats have been sold/released (pink kitty at nexus simmilar to deity's hat, Cone similar to US' hat, Hotdog sold at bazaar similar to demons 3rd place hat. there are loads more to list.)

Also shoutout for the passenger panda at the destiny bazaar for being literally the exact same as the normal armored panda. Same idea once again.

Yog 01-10-2017 11:34 PM

Petition to change every hat to clown noses so we won't have this problem anymore.

Sign below.

CM 01-10-2017 11:50 PM

thank you for this much-needed post

If you want to see more creativity on the server, you could try making a list of ideas for hats that have not already been done before instead of complaining, I'm sure the graphics team would appreciate it.

Since you're so angry and passionate about this topic, I'm sure it won't be difficult for you considering you are the most creative person on this forum.

Good luck! :)

Fulgore 01-11-2017 12:05 AM

Quote:

Posted by Yog (Post 755659)
Petition to change every hat to clown noses so we won't have this problem anymore.

Sign below.

*signs*

Ryan 01-11-2017 12:11 AM

Don't �� make �� hats �� unless �� you �� know �� they �� havent �� been �� made �� already

EDIT: �� is supposed to be the clap emoji

Relic 01-11-2017 12:18 AM

makes a lot of sense to release a clone of a hat that's supposed to be unique to the team that won it in GST

if what red's saying on that particular topic is accurate congratulations to the iclassic graphics team for the 'amazing' idea of cloning unique prize hats and selling them :rolleyes:

Weeno 01-11-2017 12:56 AM

Tell that to the zone 1k hat makers

Colin 01-11-2017 01:18 AM

There is a passenger rhino too, don't discriminate!

I agree with the GST hat point, but after six years of hats you've got be more lenient on them there's only so many reasonable things they can make and when they've tried to make things completely unique in the past they got backlash and were told to make basic common things.

Hats/mounts are a good source of income, so it makes sense to be creating the types of hats/mounts that are appealing and players will want to buy - especially new players who maybe weren't around for the older version/style if there was one as well as potentially turning older ideas into a more suitable version to fit the new graphics theme Classic has transitioned to.

Things like animal ears become a common trend and something that attracts a good portion of players, why not appeal to that and give them a larger variety which further benefits people who enjoy that style and the server by generating income?

You've got to look at this from a creative and business viewpoint, as well as statistical.

Bryan* 01-11-2017 02:40 AM

I message the Cutieno about ideas/concepts and she never replies...!

CM 01-11-2017 03:08 AM

Quote:

Posted by Bryan* (Post 755716)
I message the Cutieno about ideas/concepts and she never replies...!

The GFX actually do listen to suggestions and ideas (I suggested a couple of hat ideas that ended up in the game, and the black cat clock that was sold for Halloween a couple of years ago was one of my ideas too). As for why Cutieno didn't reply to you, it's probably because they don't have to.

Pr0m4N V.14 01-11-2017 05:41 AM

Quote:

Posted by Yog (Post 755659)

Sign below.

Sir Dr prof. Pr0micus N. V14 PhD Esq. Jr. III

Thallen 01-11-2017 10:13 AM

pretty understandable considering the head of GFX staff has Alzheimer's and there are only 50 things capable of being placed on the head

Chase* 01-11-2017 10:20 AM

also theres a chest morph which they copied

sunstop2002 01-11-2017 12:26 PM

l can't gst so l just buy a hat simillar to gst hat but gst hats have there own rarity right?

Slacky 01-11-2017 04:52 PM

YO I'd like to point out that we try our hardest to come up with unique ideas. Unfortunately we are only human and ideas will eventually be repeated. Also the panda in the bazaar looks nothing like the armored panda (plus you forgot the passenger turtle and rhino). All that said players are constantly requesting hats that have similar structures to older hats, which makes pleasing everyone very difficult, so it'd be cool if you guys could understand that.

Edit: The GST cone hat and the cone hat that was in presents are actually pretty different in shape and overall design.
Ill post a comparison
http://i.imgur.com/3WbiCDC.png
http://i.imgur.com/mSPQRWM.png

Edit 2: Like CM said: Messaging any of us GAT with hat ideas that haven't been used is actually greatly appreciated. I stopped advertising it in my status because all the ideas I was getting was "I want old hats" "Make this hat because I always wanted it." which was annoying.