Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Zone (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   2014 Map Backup (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37692)

Skt A. Sangue 12-28-2016 09:58 PM

2014 Map Backup

Dave just confirmed it's still on the server. Wot? Why have we not reverted back yet?

Literally not only would it be great for pretty much everyone, you would actually get people coming BACK to zone from those who left.

#BringBack #2014Map

Rosewald 12-28-2016 10:03 PM

I got bored and hung around on that map lmfao, its got some nice parts but can guarantee it isnt coming back. Maybe listing below what u liked about the old map, and have a revamped version of parts added?

Mine would be the Japanese restaurant area, we could really elaborate off of it.

Weeno 12-28-2016 10:23 PM

Some admin please record it

PigParty 12-28-2016 10:30 PM

Quote:

Posted by Rosewald (Post 752025)
and have a revamped version

NO

Zone does not need more map changes

You already have the world record

Quote:

Posted by Skt A. Sangue (Post 752024)
Dave just confirmed it's still on the server. Wot? Why have we not reverted back yet?

Literally not only would it be great for pretty much everyone, you would actually get people coming BACK to zone from those who left.

#BringBack #2014Map

I liked the old map, but people won't come back because of it. It won't fix Zone. It won't change anything.

Weeno 12-28-2016 10:40 PM

I'm really confused on what map we're talking about here. There were a whole bunch of map changes in 2014 I think

PigParty 12-28-2016 10:40 PM

Quote:

Posted by Weeno (Post 752031)
I'm really confused on what map we're talking about here. There were a whole bunch of map changes in 2014 I think

the good one

Rosewald 12-28-2016 10:43 PM

Yeah there has been plenty of map changes, but if we can include what you guys liked as read the suggestions we could make a better map possibly?

Alex Damian 12-28-2016 10:52 PM

Was 2014 the map that had a HUGE update that added like 60+ empty buildings? Me, Tori, and John R. did most of that map ourselves but I ended up liking the new map more. Why do players love that old map with like 50+ EMPTY useless buildings lol..

(It was actually originally supposed to be a separate town at the bottom that i made for fun but tashkin made me connect it causing SO many buildings so it wasn't just a blue empy map)

Not to mention that the map had similar buildings everywhere, copy/paste slightly edited buildings lol.

Update: Found this image when I used to update the map images
https://i.gyazo.com/675158c60d18a511...31905a9674.jpg

I originally made the bottom part by myself and it was actually not connected to the top part and the middle part wasn't a thing until Tashkin forced me to connect it making there be soo many useless empty buildings I was so angry.

We had to make the Teleporter buildings to travel to the bottom because it was such a big map, it was ugly and too big imo.

Weeno 12-28-2016 11:02 PM

Quote:

Posted by Alex Damian (Post 752038)
Was 2014 the map that had a HUGE update that added like 60+ empty buildings? Me, Shmegg, and some other LAT that was really really talented (Forgot his name) did most of that map ourselves but I ended up liking the new map more. Why do players love that old map with like 50+ EMPTY useless buildings lol..

(It was actually originally supposed to be a separate town at the bottom that i made for fun but tashkin made me connect it causing SO many buildings so it wasn't just a blue empy map)

Not to mention that the map had similar buildings everywhere, copy/paste slightly edited buildings lol.

I originally made the bottom part by myself and it was actually not connected to the top part and the middle part wasn't a thing until Tashkin forced me to connect it making there be soo many useless empty buildings I was so angry.

We had to make the Teleporter buildings to travel to the bottom because it was such a big map, it was ugly and too big imo.

That's a pretty big map for a huge population. Do you by any chance have the very first map of iZone? Or anyone else?

PigParty 12-28-2016 11:06 PM

Quote:

Spoiler
Was 2014 the map that had a HUGE update that added like 60+ empty buildings? Me, Tori, and John R. did most of that map ourselves but I ended up liking the new map more. Why do players love that old map with like 50+ EMPTY useless buildings lol..

No I think it was the one before that, unless the one I'm thinking about is even earlier than 2014

Skt A. Sangue 12-29-2016 12:42 AM

Quote:

Talking about the map before that. The one with SkyBases.

Even that one, IMO, was better than our current one. Made more sense. It bothers the living crap out of me that all of our shops are in one spot. Like where is the logic?! I cri.

As for possible reasons as to why people like it, 1) nostalgia. let's not forget the world's most powerful force here. 2) it was logical(like i said above, there is no economic logic in putting every shop next to one another) 3) the one we're talking about is actually smaller 4) skybases. id say thats like the second biggest factor 5) the gem positioning over spar was just iconic. if you never based, tough luck. that place was the go-to banter spot.

as for empty buildings, they didn't really matter. Aesthetically it made the map nice, and they COULD HAVE been filled up. I mean for the longest time, Eras south island was so empty...

m9 i've written pages upon pages of reasons why that map was the best... dunno if any are on graalians. rip all those zPlay posts... twice.

@PigParty I'd beg to differ. I know a lot of friends who left because of stupid staff decisions. Even just the skybase reopening brought like 20 people who I knew back on. Even our little protest got them interested in Zone again... I will say that my POV is swayed because I'm the go-to skybaser and I know most of the OG skybasers(even these nub new ones... idk, even though I hate how it is now people still want me around over there) so I obviously get to see the side that most people don't.... I mean real talk, if you bring back the old trade house there's going to be a solid 20 people who come back just to see it again. Like I said, nostalgia is everything. We graalians keep up even when we're inactive. was talking to ry today and he seemed to know at least the big changes from friends who told him about them in his inactivity... he didn't know about the planets being removed but you guys saw how he reacted. We hold nostalgia highly, if he heard about it while they were being removed you could bet he would've been on.

Alex Damian 12-29-2016 01:13 AM

@Weeno, nope sorry.

@SKT

Originally we created the new map to have a futuristic feel by having a MALL area where a majority of the shops would be placed. But yeah it was a bad idea afterall lol. Every area had specific 'themes' I guess you could say. Mall, PK area, Start, Jobs, etc. I understand why people would want the old map

Alexmo 12-29-2016 01:53 AM

This map could work like PC era with player houses

Regius M. 12-31-2016 03:32 AM

i think we should worry about the tileset before changing the map tbh

Skt A. Sangue 12-31-2016 04:24 PM

Quote:

Posted by Regius M. (Post 752580)
i think we should worry about the tileset before changing the map tbh

whelp, apparently that's being scrapped...

Hold on... if that's scrapped can we change those god awful power stations back?