Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Changes that ruined iClassic for me (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41087)

Basi 11-28-2018 03:54 PM

Changes that ruined iClassic for me

After 8 years of playing Graal, I have witnessed a lot of changes. Some of these changes are big, and some small. The point of this thread is for constructive criticism and to explain why I have become distant from Graal. All of these points are just me giving my opinion.

1. The Tileset Change
-One of the earliest changes that I strongly opposed was the changing of the tileset. For those who are newer to Graal, iClassic used to use a tileset very similar to this one:
https://imgur.com/FNn4TIm
Before changing it to the one it is now. I had grown up with the game loving that tileset which I found to be a lot more visually pleasing than the current one that looks like faded plastic.

2. The 5 Guild Limit
-This one is self explanatory, but In a HEARTBEAT I would give back the New Guild System in exchange for taking away the 5 guild limit. Before the 5 guild limit i was in roughly 15 guilds. Sometimes you stay in an old guild to be reminded of the fun memories you shared with the members who may not play as much anymore. To me, 15 guilds does not seem like a lot. I understand the reason why they limited it to 5, but I had to make a heartbreaking decision to leave 10-11 of my oldest and best friends guilds because if I did not, i would never be allowed to join a guild again. The forcefulness of this is brutal and I am still bitter about this.

3. The profile change
-Oh my god I cannot stand the layout of the new profiles with the slide bar and having to swipe across to see someones stats. In Graal culture (lol) its very common for people to change their names, make it something stupid like unknown or player etc. With this trend it becomes difficult to remember who's who on your friends list. A few friends of mine, I ended up knowing who they were because i had memorized their stats. Now it becomes even more difficult to keep track of people and becomes more of a hassle to see the stats that I want to see from someone.

4. The Farming Nerf & Gralat change
-Farming used to be so much easier and smooth. Years ago, if you put a bomb in the grass, you actually had the chance to maybe have every patch of grass spawn a gralat. Now if you put 3-4 bombs in a huge patch of grass you can still sometimes get NOTHING. This was rarely the case around 2010-2011. There used to be tons of unique and fun methods to farming such as horse farms. Farming has evolved so much that using bombs in grass IS NOT EVEN AN EFFICIENT WAY TO FARM. The current "farming meta" (lol) is to get on a horse, and ride around slashing the grass because bombing grass has become so unreliable. Additionally the new gralat sprite looks terrible imo.

5. The Furniture Value Nerf
-The final nail in the coffin. Now i understand they have every right to do this, its really funny and incredible how higher management sees this appropriate. This HAS to be hurting their sales. I know i have purchased gralat packs simply to buy furniture for my house. Now i would never think to do that in a million years because it has nearly ZERO VALUE. I hope no one else falls victim to buying furniture going forward, because it has got to be one of the biggest money pits i can think of. I understand it is to prevent a glitch that abusers were making money off of. But you need to work on fixing the bug and ban anyone caught doing it. Not make the entire community suffer.

Some of these complains of mine could be changed by offering a toggle option to turn on and off the new profiles for example but yea.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk

Adrian 11-28-2018 04:12 PM

don't forget about the bees

Dusty 11-28-2018 04:31 PM

iClassic never used that tileset.

Basi 11-28-2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 821741)
iClassic never used that tileset.

maybe it wasnt that tileset exactly, but it was one that looked extremely similar

Rusix 11-28-2018 05:21 PM

Yeah i agreee with all this actually. Literally all of it.

To me though, The tileset change was terrible. Probably the worst thing. Because if you compare the two, Even today the old one looks so much nicer, The grass was far more eye friendly and pretty, The trees actually looked like trees and not some weird variant that looks like palm trees all over the place even in snowtown. The old tileset was simply more beautiful, I think they had to change it for copyright reasons for what i'm told. But my god don't change it and make it 10x worse and make it uglier.

The guild limit, It hasn't bugged me personally given i'm rarely in guilds and haven't had too much of an issue, But Yeah we shouldn't of needed a cap, Why limit how many guilds a player can be in? Why limit what players want to do?

And yeah, I think everyone agrees the profile change looks absolutely ugly, Infact i literally have not heard or even seen or encountered a single person who likes the new profile layout over the old one. The new one is so cluttered, ugly and just simply was never needed, The old one was simpler and gave the stats you needed to know. A lot of this other stuff really isn't needed, It makes profiles so ugly looking. Especially that slider thing it makes it look hideous

Of course i could rant all day about this, But i will give Classic credit though, There has been some things they added that are nice like the map extensions, The castle, ect. That landmine thing they recently added. But admittedly they are kinda destroying the game more then they are improving it. Hell i could also add on a crap ton of things you missed like removal of explosive arrows, Nerfing loot prices and bubble spawn rates. Nerfing bug prices to the point they are literally pointless to catch because they don't give jack crap. And i could add tons of other things that they decided to one day ruin. They just simply are destroying the game more then they are imrpoving it, It's why i rarely play Classic or any graal game now and stick to other games. Spent more money on AQ3D in this month then i spent on Graal in 7 years or so. Because they simply are destroying the game more then they improve it.

Vendetta 11-28-2018 05:42 PM

Quote:

Posted by Basi (Post 821742)
maybe it wasnt that tileset exactly, but it was one that looked extremely similar

As in this tileset? Fairly sure it was a mashup of pics1 with a few things from New World. It was very cluttered and not pretty. The new tileset is minimal, cleaner, and in my opinion suits the iClassic art style far better than the old one.

Basi 11-28-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Posted by Vendetta (Post 821746)

As in this tileset? Fairly sure it was a mashup of pics1 with a few things from New World. It was very cluttered and not pretty. The new tileset is minimal, cleaner, and in my opinion suits the iClassic art style far better than the old one.

yeah i liked that one. i think its currently being used on the oasis island? idk man i personally think that one is a lot better on the eyes.

4-Lom 11-28-2018 06:19 PM

Submissions. Upload tokens. Broken stuff. Bugs. Nerf. Prices. Euuuugh.

I play for the people.

Heeble 11-28-2018 06:42 PM

I already went into detail why the furniture nerf happened.

Spoiler
Quote:

Posted by Heeble (Post 819952)
I highly doubt it. After the recent furniture dupe, people who abused it decided to buy mass amounts of random furniture to attempt to smuggle money past being banned. They also uploaded a ton of customs to smuggle dupe money. So if you want to blame anyone for ruining furniture refunding and cursing us with upload tokens, blame the dupers.

This "temporary" 1g refund fix is permanent. So get use to it.

The only thing we can hope for is a new method for storing furniture. Perhaps a furniture bank, similar to how Delteria's banking system works, that allows you to store excess furniture in there. It could be a gralat sink as well. Maybe monthly fee similar to VIP to use the storage, or a one-time gralat charge to increase bank space.

I'm not sure why you think farming was nerfed. I've not heard of this happening. I still actively farm and I've not experienced this "nerf" at all. Perhaps you're just bad at it?

SomeGuy 11-28-2018 09:28 PM

I dont even really play graal that much anymore. Its a shame what the game has become. I know there are a few staff who want it to change, but i feel like it wont be the same. The past is the past.

Colin 11-28-2018 10:00 PM

Quote:

Posted by Heeble (Post 821750)
I'm not sure why you think farming was nerfed. I've not heard of this happening. I still actively farm and I've not experienced this "nerf" at all. Perhaps you're just bad at it?

Yeah I'm not entirely sure what he's talking about - from what I distinctly remember around 2011~ farms increased relatively the same as they do now. You could get every piece of grass with a face value of 1 or 5 and then get bad luck and take forever to reach 50/100 etc and vise versa, you could take forever to get the initial farm setup and then get 50/100 much faster, all dependent on RNG. Back then there was also exploits to get multiple gralats on one piece of grass which a lot of people did.

Also you probably shouldn't say you'd give back the new guild system in a heartbeat in exchange for the old one, when we haven't even seen what the NGS fully is going to be yet.

Basi 11-28-2018 11:56 PM

Quote:

Posted by Colin (Post 821759)
Also you probably shouldn't say you'd give back the new guild system in a heartbeat in exchange for the old one, when we haven't even seen what the NGS fully is going to be yet.

unless phase 2 includes the ability to join an unlimited number of guilds, i would rather have quantity over quality of only 5

Crono 11-29-2018 01:28 AM

classic uses a tileset thats based on a tileset older than the ****ty edited one that you grew up with on iclassic. the one you're familiar with from before is actually one of the worse tilesets i've seen on a public graal server. the cliffs alone should make you puke.

Rusix 11-29-2018 04:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Posted by Crono (Post 821762)
classic uses a tileset thats based on a tileset older than the ****ty edited one that you grew up with on iclassic. the one you're familiar with from before is actually one of the worse tilesets i've seen on a public graal server. the cliffs alone should make you puke.

Are we talking about these cliffs? In the image i sent below.

If so, I'd have to disagree on that, Infact imo they are way more realistic looking and detailed then our current cliffs and look a bit more lively, Though i'm sure people will have their own opinions on this regardless. I just like it more then our current one since it looks more rocky and rough, and seems more detailed and looks like an actual cliff, Our current one is fine i guess but looks more like just plain dirt then an actual rocky cliff, Though i would make a few tiny edits on it admittedly, Yet again as i said before people will vary on opinions on these things when it comes to tilesets.

Vendetta 11-29-2018 04:28 AM

Quote:

Posted by Rusix (Post 821768)
Are we talking about these cliffs? In the image i sent below.

If so, I'd have to disagree on that, Infact imo they are way more realistic looking and detailed then our current cliffs and look a bit more lively, Though i'm sure people will have their own opinions on this regardless. I just like it more then our current one since it looks more rocky and rough, and seems more detailed and looks like an actual cliff, Our current one is fine i guess but looks more like just plain dirt then an actual rocky cliff, Though i would make a few tiny edits on it admittedly, Yet again as i said before people will vary on opinions on these things when it comes to tilesets.

Nah, they're ugly

https://i.imgur.com/eHxIFjX.jpg