Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Chat (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Favorite Parrot Species? (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39496)

Cutieno 08-06-2017 03:00 AM

Favorite Parrot Species?

I've been thinking what smaller big parrot species do people like more? I've been thinking of looking into getting another bird, I want some opinions.

Bryan* 08-06-2017 03:10 AM

Are you referring to the Saint Vincent Amazon Parrot or is the Amazon Parrot its own kind?

KristenGW 08-06-2017 03:31 AM

My uncle has something like a conure... almost bit my dad's finger off

WreX 08-06-2017 03:50 AM

forget about those get a toucan some how

HamStarr 08-06-2017 03:56 AM

Cockatoo. They make the most memes.

Cutieno 08-06-2017 07:12 AM

A Amazon parrot is a species of bird, I currently have an eclectus parrot. There is a reason why Im posting this poll ;)

Clown 08-06-2017 08:14 AM

Gala or Cockatoo

Kane 08-06-2017 08:23 AM

African Grey are the smartest ones.

My mom owns one.

She loves singing, and calling out names, mocking car alarms, or trash trucks reversing. Although there were times where she be asleep in the dark, i would go down stairs to try to grab something to drink in the kitchen. she would wake up and say in a creepy tone "night night" and I'd end up running back up the stairs because it was that creepy aha

Shmegg 08-06-2017 08:57 AM

Quote:

Posted by Kane (Post 792393)

My mom owns one.

She loves singing, and calling out names, mocking car alarms, or trash trucks reversing. Although there were times where she be asleep in the dark, i would go down stairs to try to grab something to drink in the kitchen. she would wake up and say in a creepy tone "night night" and I'd end up running back up the stairs because it was that creepy aha

I didn't really have any opinions on parrots before this thread, but this made me vote for the African Grey.

Basil 08-06-2017 09:28 AM

eclectus parrot!! i had one before (he was like 6-7 years old) & he was very talkative and easy to take care of,, but it wasnt long before we returned him because my cat is a turd and kept bullying him..

so yeahh!!! eclectus parrots are nice

PigParty 08-06-2017 01:58 PM

dogs

Cutieno 08-06-2017 11:26 PM

Quote:

Posted by Kane (Post 792393)

My mom owns one.

They are, they're one of the smartest birds, but I also love really cuddly birds :)

Red 08-06-2017 11:58 PM

no love for red rumped grass parrots?

Ray 08-08-2017 02:45 AM

I own an African Gray Congo Parrot and can attest to the intelligence of these birds.
Mine will call out names, imitate car sounds as well as electronic devices. She loves to say her own name and will curse probably better than most of the people on this website.

She also seems to understand to a very minimal extent of context to conversation.
There's just something about having the following conversation with a pet bird that you can think back on and laugh about:

Gabby:"Night Night!"
Myself:"Night Gabby!"
Gabby:"Ya ****in' bitch! HAW HAW HAW HAW"

Seņor Albonio 08-13-2017 10:23 AM

Actually, mine is the Kato Nwar :D
Truly breathtaking.