Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Zone (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Change the graphics. It’s not that hard. (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41333)

TyVERT 06-19-2019 03:27 AM

Zone and content? thats like water and oil they dont mix

Skt A. Sangue 06-21-2019 11:25 PM

Can someone just like, make one? One of the tips they teach you at those "make money by being an advertiser" conferences is that you should make the ad and release it, show the appeal of it, and then demand money for all the people it's already reached + expected to reach.

They won't hire someone to do it because they don't know how the public will react or how long it will take. So go make it, go put out an image (ie. like what Weeno did *it looks awesome bud*) of it online, watch the opinions. Show them that it's needed. Get paid.

I'm probably the person people hate to credit the most on Zone but I firmly believe that if I didn't keep pushing for skybases and the in game forum and whatever else I yelled at the devs for, they would've accepted the changes as positive and eventually people wouldn't have cared and that would've been the end of that progress. Half the issue is making enough of a deal about it. But hey, that's just me. And I'm probably arrogant as heck, whatever. (still upset that Tash banned me from ZonePlay when I was always its most active. #itwouldvesurvivedifiwasallowedonitstill #ibroughtindramaclicks)

So we should start pressuring the good people of Zone to work on it. or any server really.

Why do we wait for administration to do the things we want changed? I mean like look at GIT- man wanted gun changes, made them himself, then became part of the team.

k, that's my rant.

sike, also- i do think that it would attract people. people would at the very least be curious to look at it. i doubt it would convert any new players but it might bring back existing ones. just look at how minecraft is becoming relevant again for living proof of a good comeback. (ps, the best thing on the internet is how minecraft is coming back)

extra sike- i might've meant geno instead of git. idk. both of em were fun to talk and argue with.

MrSimons 06-24-2019 02:41 AM

Creating a new tileset for zone is not a new idea; and has in fact been discussed and worked on by various staff the entire time I've worked for zone.

The issue is that it really is not an easy thing to do. For one person it takes months of effort. For multiple people the problems of synchronization and stylistic differences arise.

Admittedly, Zone has never had a very strong Graphics team. There have certainly been some great artists, but never many at the same time to create a tileset together. The solution to this would seem to be actually paying someone to do this. This however has never gone that well for Graal in my opinion, and leads to future problems where your volunteer artists that compose the graphics team will have trouble mirroring the style of a professionally done tileset.

Ivy 06-24-2019 11:54 AM

Quote:

Posted by MrSimons (Post 826437)
Creating a new tileset for zone is not a new idea; and has in fact been discussed and worked on by various staff the entire time I've worked for zone.

The issue is that it really is not an easy thing to do. For one person it takes months of effort. For multiple people the problems of synchronization and stylistic differences arise.

Admittedly, Zone has never had a very strong Graphics team. There have certainly been some great artists, but never many at the same time to create a tileset together. The solution to this would seem to be actually paying someone to do this. This however has never gone that well for Graal in my opinion, and leads to future problems where your volunteer artists that compose the graphics team will have trouble mirroring the style of a professionally done tileset.

that drawing has grown on me over time tbh

Weeno 06-24-2019 06:01 PM

Quote:

Posted by MrSimons (Post 826437)

Well that was kinda the point I was making. Which is why I said the admins should just edit the current tileset. Revamping and tweaking a tileset is so much better.

Meatman204 10-02-2019 07:54 PM

i don't think the effort would be worth it for such a dwindling playerbase to begin with