Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Graal Discussion (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Official Graalonline Discord Server (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40683)

unixmad 07-09-2018 01:39 PM

Official Graalonline Discord Server

Hello Graalians,

We've just opened up the official Graalonline Discord server.

For the forthcoming 2 weeks, we are offering the exclusive use of the Discord server to registered Graalians forum players !

Here is the Discord link:
https://discord.gg/j2y4erx

Make sure you check out the read-me channel for more information on how to verify yourself!

Enjoy!

Crono 07-09-2018 01:50 PM

#read-me is empty :(

Saeed 07-09-2018 01:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Is the invite link permanent and has no users limit?
Because it’s telling me it’s expired. Discord IOS is glitchy so that may be the case too, I will try on pc later.

People showed me a screenshot of the read-me channel, if there is content in it but invisible to the members you might want to check the channel permissions.

Tensor 07-09-2018 02:11 PM

#read-me broken?

Sent from my 8_96_Android using Tapatalk

XBanished 07-09-2018 02:14 PM

The #read-me channel is empty and the #verify page is restricted like Saeed said, check permissions for the role. (Read message history) The invite link has also seemed to expire due to whatever reason.

Saeed 07-09-2018 02:18 PM

My bad I reached discord servers limit I had to leave a server to be able to join this one.

Weeno 07-09-2018 02:25 PM

HEY UNIXMAD FIX ZONE

Btw the discord chat is just ppl who are friends wit each other and joined in 2011

Thallen 07-09-2018 02:25 PM

strangely familiar setup
also, your bot is stuck in an infinite loop of deleting its own messages
you need to give @everyone "read message history" permissions

Xenthic 07-09-2018 02:48 PM

rocky launch but looking forward to joining, hope it turns out well

Colin 07-09-2018 02:58 PM

Would of been nice to have been asked if the images I paid for and own could of been used instead of just using them without asking. Doesn’t bother me since I did get them for the community but it’s just common courtesy.

Hopefully you guys have someone with actual knowledge in Discord to set things up, Unixmad said “forthcoming” so it could have been intentional that people weren’t able to verify or read anything today.

Ryan 07-09-2018 03:00 PM

hey special comeback, can i be unbanned pls? my discord name is allison

wait no my uncle was on my pc and messing around please have mercy

Colin 07-09-2018 03:04 PM

Also uncensor the word Discord in Discord that makes absolutely no sense...

I get the idea is to prevent other channels advertising but there is better ways to do it, and they will just send the generated string for the invite code without having to type it’s for discord and everyone will already know that’s what it’s for anyway

Pokki 07-09-2018 03:07 PM

now i have contact with my cd friends !!

Thallen 07-09-2018 03:21 PM

It's almost like instead of prematurely launching the server and allowing everyone to see the lack of experience and janky bot coding, you could have hired someone who has two years of experience managing a Discord community for the game - maybe even someone who has coded integration between Graalians and Taylor Richaards and their Discord server without even having been provided an API, among thousands of lines of other Graal-to-Discord bot functionality

It's really quite a shame that someone like that doesn't exist, but I bet Blackfires will do a fantastic job

Edit: Oh, it seems I was banned from the Discord for no apparent reason right after posting this, so I guess I won't be able to see aforementioned fantastic job - good luck though

Yami 07-09-2018 03:26 PM

Quote:

Posted by Thallen (Post 815149)
Edit: Oh, it seems I was banned from the Discord for no apparent reason right after posting this, so I guess I won't be able to see aforementioned fantastic job - good luck though

How did they know it was you, if you weren't verified.