Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Zone (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Raise Job Prices (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37675)

Skt A. Sangue 12-27-2016 11:41 PM

Raise Job Prices

Okay, fishing is a joke. The new system+the prices... lmaoooooo.

Ship repairs is honestly the best way. IMO I liked when they'd give about like 15-30 though. Made it more different and not just a repetitive thingy.

Dave's Deliveries is so broken. Certain tasks should always give way more than others. It's still best optimized for the OG map and it's kinda unlux for some places... even then, it's not even worth.

Trash... oh trash. I remember when people collected trash for fun... good times... then the spawn rate nerfs... and the prices nerf... just why?

It's honestly sad when most players do graalium farming for money... and it's not even an official job task.

If that above isn't enough to explain why the job system needs to be buffed... there's no hope.

Shmegg 12-27-2016 11:52 PM

I kind of liked the old fishing system better, even though it was stolen.
It was entertaining.

I agree with you about ship repairs. Do you think it would be better to pay out within a fixed range (i.e. 9 gralats through 15 gralats), or keep it set at one fixed price?

Usually when I need money, I go to ship repairs, trash, or missions (for graalium). I never even consider doing Dave's Deliveries.

Rosewald 12-28-2016 12:00 AM

Never did daves because of how annoying it was.
Usually i just pk and trash collect when im bored and after 10mins i usually got around 100 gralats which isnt too bad imo

Skt A. Sangue 12-28-2016 12:13 AM

Quote:

Posted by Shmegg (Post 751702)
It was entertaining.

I agree with you about ship repairs. Do you think it would be better to pay out within a fixed range (i.e. 9 gralats through 15 gralats), or keep it set at one fixed price?

Usually when I need money, I go to ship repairs, trash, or missions (for graalium). I never even consider doing Dave's Deliveries.

Like I said, I think the value range was pretty epic. Sure sometimes you'd get like 10 gralats... but when you got 30? You'd feel like a balla baller. I did like our old range... I don't remember exactly what it was but I remember 17, 11, 9, and 30 being prominent numbers. I think it wasn't just a direct slider range, but like a chance of x/100 for each to get a value.

(Lel, did we not steal this new fishing system though? classic had something similar I believe for a bit and Old Wests system of just sitting there for a lure is pretty similar too... while it's not as obvious as a rip, it still isn't really original...)

PigParty 12-28-2016 12:34 AM

Quote:

Posted by Shmegg (Post 751702)
It was entertaining.

I feel like it should pay based on how fast you accomplish the repair

Shmegg 12-28-2016 12:40 AM

Quote:

Posted by Skt A. Sangue (Post 751711)
Like I said, I think the value range was pretty epic. Sure sometimes you'd get like 10 gralats... but when you got 30? You'd feel like a balla baller. I did like our old range... I don't remember exactly what it was but I remember 17, 11, 9, and 30 being prominent numbers. I think it wasn't just a direct slider range, but like a chance of x/100 for each to get a value.

(Lel, did we not steal this new fishing system though? classic had something similar I believe for a bit and Old Wests system of just sitting there for a lure is pretty similar too... while it's not as obvious as a rip, it still isn't really original...)

We had a range? As far as I can recall, it has only been that you will get 11 gralats for each ship repair. Did I miss something?

And yeah, I agree with you. Our fishing system isn't original, per se, but I don't think it's a direct rip-off of something else. Our old system was directly influenced by UN's fishing system.

Quote:

Posted by PigParty (Post 751728)
I feel like it should pay based on how fast you accomplish the repair

That's a good idea. What would be the minimum and maximum?

Sig. 12-28-2016 12:45 AM

Quote:

Posted by Shmegg (Post 751729)
We had a range? As far as I can recall, it has only been that you will get 11 gralats for each ship repair. Did I miss something?

And yeah, I agree with you. Our fishing system isn't original, per se, but I don't think it's a direct rip-off of something else. Our old system was directly influenced by UN's fishing system.

Did MD set up the old fishing system?

Shmegg 12-28-2016 12:57 AM

Quote:

Posted by Sig. (Post 751730)
Did MD set up the old fishing system?

No, it was some scripter person.
It was someone like Alpho or Emera or something, though I'm pretty sure it's not either of those two. I can't remember who did it, it's at the tip of my tongue.

PigParty 12-28-2016 01:17 AM

Quote:

Posted by Shmegg (Post 751729)

I know someone scripted the fishing for Tash. I think it actually was some scripter from UN who made their fishing

Quote:

No idea. Idk how messed up Zone's economy really is

Advent 12-28-2016 04:05 AM

daves delivery

wastes 2 minutes of your life for 15-20 gralats when you could've made more picking trash

Alex Damian 12-28-2016 04:10 AM

only reason jobs are crap are because unixmad wants it that way.

Skt A. Sangue 12-28-2016 03:29 PM

Quote:

Posted by Alex Damian (Post 751802)
only reason jobs are crap are because unixmad wants it that way.

I'm sure a little sneaky increase wouldn't hurt nobody... (wink wink)

But piggles... doesn't everyone complete it in 18 seconds? Lmao I timed myself once with medic and it always fell between 17-19seconds. It'd be hurt if you got $5 less for one second.