Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Graal Discussion (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WebGL Update Discussion & Bug Reporting Thread (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41657)

Jarace 10-22-2019 07:50 PM

WebGL Update Discussion & Bug Reporting Thread

As many of you have already noticed, the flash client has been replaced with a new WebGL client in these places:

classic.graalonline.com
era.graalonline.com
zone.graalonline.com
olwest.graalonline.com (This one is new!)

We've just had our first round of bug fixes. The following issues from this thread should now be fixed:
Quote:

*The check boxes in the settings/house/guild house/guild settings menu don't show up but you can still press them.
*The text box for typing messages is completely black.
*copy/paste does not work with chat boxes

*PMs and other UIs will repeat the last 8-10 characters or an error box. The previews in shops will not display.
*I'm also seeing error boxes in my guild name in the guild chat
*The heads in guild chat are squished. Error boxes also show in the names of guilds and guild mates.
*The font in profiles/ui looks blurry, bigger and somehow squished now lol. Edit: Even fonts in statues are bigger now, making most people's organized statuses look jank (See Kai (Rare)'s status on iOS, then on PC).
*Enabling the font change option makes chat text look a lot bigger than it use to.
If you're still experiencing any of these issues, please try clearing your browser's cache and trying again. Click here if you aren't sure how to clear your cache.

Future bug reports and discussion of the client should be done here regardless of the game.

Please make sure your browser is updated before you report any bugs and, if you get an error that says something along the lines of "See your browser JavaScript console for more info", please include the console log. Click here if you aren't sure how to get your console log (but disregard the part about sending them to support, as that is specific to their website. I'd recommend putting them in a text file and then attaching it to your post).

Please also include what browser you are using with any bug reports (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, Firefox, etc).

Note about "The browser could not allocate enough memory for the WebGL content. If you are the developer of this content, try allocating less memory to your WebGL build in the WebGL player settings":
Spoiler
Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 827934)
Yep, for anyone getting that error - you need to use Firefox or Chrome (or possibly any other 64 bit browser - this issue seems to be with 32 bit browsers.)

Green 10-22-2019 08:57 PM

I'm noticing that there are issues with typing. I'll be making a lot of typos even though I know that I'm typing perfectly. Rarely letters won't even be in the correct order if I type too quickly and sometimes they just don't even register. Using Chrome.

For some odd reason I couldn't paste a shield code into the chat box. Tried multiple times and it wouldn't work but it magically decided to after I had manually typed it out.

XBanished 10-22-2019 10:45 PM

Quote:

Posted by Green (Post 827890)
I'm noticing that there are issues with typing. I'll be making a lot of typos even though I know that I'm typing perfectly. Rarely letters won't even be in the correct order if I type too quickly and sometimes they just don't even register. Using Chrome.

Yes I get this too, feels like the game can't keep up with typing fast. Letters get skipped sometimes two at a time. Doesn't bode well for three letter words.
Quote:

For some odd reason I couldn't paste a shield code into the chat box. Tried multiple times and it wouldn't work but it magically decided to after I had manually typed it out.

Copy and paste is broken as well, how will I ever fix my typos now. (Also on Chrome)

Jarace 10-23-2019 09:34 AM

The header should now scale properly with the game window (when using the +/- to scale the game window).

Crono 10-23-2019 03:54 PM

on chrome (likely applies to other browsers)
-emojis are messed (ctrl + anything uses the browser's hotkeys, like ctrl + s opens up the save dialogue)

-inconsistent ping, 170, 300, 280, 155, etc. actual command takes longer than usual to show me my ping. getting a consistent 150-155 on my phone over wifi

-related to latency: everyone moves choppy. are we being re-routed through a proxy or something before hitting the normal server???

-fonts in general rendered differently and dont look right (likely need to be changed)

-ingame chat text looks a bit blurry, this feels like a very old change around the v2/v4 era so i dont know if this is better or worse, but def not as crisp as before. might come down to preference

-typing characters like @ twice will cause the next one to print 3 times (so @@@ becomes @@@@@). everytime the character is typed from there it will print 3 times. tested with [ ] * etc

-opening the chat box and typing and then closing it (not with enter, i.e pressing tab) will cause the text you were typing to still be printed on the top left in yellow underneath the gui

-nordic characters like ๖ไๅ all show up as "รรร"

-cant copy or paste from textbox, attempting to paste shows "รรร"

-scroll wheel only moving the window panes (like options for example) at a minimal pace despite my Windows wide setting being at a moderate rate

Suggestion:
-give us the option to disable "Upload Screenshot to FaceBook", FB Graal has been dead for a long time and I'd much rather save my images to my device

Yami 10-23-2019 04:09 PM

https://puu.sh/Ew0Gl/6ce18139d7.gif
Never encountered this bug before. FPS jitters makes it nearly impossible to play.
https://puu.sh/Ew0HS/665592be0d.png
web console is just reporting this error over and over again

Tobi 10-23-2019 04:46 PM

Not sure, for me the game/client is very laggy now. For some odd reason my classic country thinks i'm placed in France. So I am unsure of how to fix that. I get over 200+ MS and the client itself skips mad frames. I never had this problem with the old flash player. I got about 30MS on classic easily.

Green 10-23-2019 04:51 PM

Quote:

Posted by Yami (Post 827906)
Never encountered this bug before. FPS jitters makes it nearly impossible to play.
web console is just reporting this error over and over again

Happening to me too. I was on an hour or two earlier and everything was fine.

Jarace 10-23-2019 06:32 PM

Some more fixes:
- The repeating key issue
- Better music management
- The lag mentioned in previous posts

Heeble 10-23-2019 07:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Not just for typing, it happens while moving around as well. Key presses will randomly stop registering. I am not seeing an error in the console when this happens.

Quote:

Posted by Crono (Post 827905)
-related to latency: everyone moves choppy. are we being re-routed through a proxy or something before hitting the normal server???

Attachment 27756
At the very least, cache is. I think we might be lol

Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 827888)
We've just had our first round of bug fixes. The following issues from this thread should now be fixed:
*The heads in guild chat are squished.

Heads are still squished/small.

Attachment 27757

This is one of the errors I noticed in the console.

Green 10-23-2019 08:05 PM

Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 827910)
Some more fixes:
- The repeating key issue
- Better music management
- The lag mentioned in previous posts

I'm still getting that lag. It isn't that often but it doesn't seem to be completely gone.

Heeble 10-23-2019 08:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I didn't get a chance to play earlier when it was worse, but it is still worse than how it was yesterday.
Attachment 27760
I'm still unable to find a consistent way to replicate this bug. Click the attachment to see the gif

Crono 10-23-2019 09:06 PM

-Everyone still moves extremely choppy despite the improved ping, are we vpn/proxy'd? It really does look like it for some reason.

-Ping still jumping to 280-320 when it should be sitting at 150-155 stable like on my phone via wifi.

Yami 10-23-2019 09:30 PM

https://puu.sh/Ew7xP/35ce528b0d.png

Still getting choppy skips in frame rate. (After clearing cache/dns)

Few new errors I didn't get before.

Grief Hero 10-24-2019 12:00 AM

Using Facebook Gameroom doesn't even work. Getting a "The browser could not allocate enough memory for the WebGL content. If you are the developer of this content, try allocating less memory to your WebGL build in the WebGL player settings."
Playing normally in a browser (both Chrome & Firefox) works fine though.

Green 10-24-2019 01:26 AM

Quote:

Posted by Grief Hero (Post 827919)
Using Facebook Gameroom doesn't even work. Getting a "The browser could not allocate enough memory for the WebGL content. If you are the developer of this content, try allocating less memory to your WebGL build in the WebGL player settings."
Playing normally in a browser (both Chrome & Firefox) works fine though.

Just tried it and I got the same thing. Seems like an issue on Gameroom's since it works on everything else.

https://i.imgur.com/TUKgjo2.png

Heeble 10-24-2019 01:36 AM

Logging in seems to not work anymore. I either hit a black screen or the game stalls on the world selection.

Kate R. 10-24-2019 01:55 AM

Oh god i thought me and my friend were the only ones having this problem---ughh i didnt wake up early to waste 3 hours of trying to try everything to get to play it. I can't really candy hunt properly on phone so i love my pc so much

Grief Hero 10-24-2019 02:05 AM

Quote:

Posted by Green (Post 827920)
Just tried it and I got the same thing. Seems like an issue on Gameroom's since it works on everything else.

Yeah, I thought Gameroom essentially ran off Chrome, so I assumed it'd work.
I enabled the developer console on GR but unfortunately no outputs were produced.

Sucks cause I much prefer using it over a browser., so I'm hoping it'll be fixed.

Kate R. 10-24-2019 02:14 AM

Please let me play

1 Attachment(s)
So this was sent to me by a friend,can't really read what's going on but hiii help please

Jarace 10-24-2019 02:29 AM

Quote:

Posted by Kate R. (Post 827925)
So this was sent to me by a friend,can't really read what's going on but hiii help please

Seems to be happening to everyone right now - the developers are aware, so hopefully we see a fix soon!

Kate R. 10-24-2019 03:29 AM

Thank you so much

Update:Hello! I can finally play and continue my candy hunt although it's still laggy,thank yooooooooou so muchhhhh

Faz 10-24-2019 04:13 AM

For some reason my browsers can’t support web assembly, except for chrome which lags painfully. How can I update my browser for this?

Pizzaro 10-24-2019 04:58 AM

Everyone(Not all) seems lagging fix it please

Kate R. 10-24-2019 07:28 AM

I've been having problems with typing or sending messages. My keyboard is perfectly fine but when i try to use it to send messages to my friends (For alerting them on tot places) it doesnt complete the words im supposed to type/miss some letters or even spaces. I think many have encountered this too

Jarace 10-24-2019 08:00 AM

Quote:

Posted by Green (Post 827920)

https://i.imgur.com/TUKgjo2.png

Yep, for anyone getting that error ("The browser could not allocate enough memory for the WebGL content. If you are the developer of this content, try allocating less memory to your WebGL build in the WebGL player settings") - you need to use Firefox or Chrome (or possibly any other 64 bit browser - this issue seems to be with 32 bit browsers.)

Green 10-24-2019 11:15 AM

I've noticed that friends/other players don't seem to show up on the map.

Green 10-24-2019 03:28 PM

The check box to include chat in reports isn't there so I can't tell if it's actually being sent with my reports. I try to click where it usually is though just in case.

Jarace 10-24-2019 05:52 PM

Quote:

Posted by Heeble (Post 827912)

Heads are still squished/small.

Attachment 27757

This is one of the errors I noticed in the console.

Are the heads still squished/small for you?

On another note, this should be fixed:
-opening the chat box and typing and then closing it (not with enter, i.e pressing tab) will cause the text you were typing to still be printed on the top left in yellow underneath the gui

Yami 10-24-2019 09:15 PM

Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 827939)
this should be fixed:

https://puu.sh/EwwkA/a055ad8301.gif

Green 10-24-2019 10:52 PM

Just started getting those freezes again. This is what my console is spitting out.
https://i.imgur.com/gmIjzsP.png

I'm also still getting that yellow text as well but that has actually been a thing forever. Even in the flash client.

Yami 10-25-2019 12:03 AM

Can't even log in anymore.

Jarace 10-25-2019 12:52 AM

Quote:

Posted by Yami (Post 827945)
Can't even log in anymore.

Same here, so I'll pass that along.

mateus 10-25-2019 08:06 AM

lag:(

can someone tell me if gameroom is already working because it is too lag play by browsers :(

Green 10-25-2019 02:28 PM

Can't seem to set a new guild picture. Clicking the + button does nothing. Deleting works though.

Grief Hero 10-25-2019 04:12 PM

Quote:

Posted by mateus (Post 827951)
can someone tell me if gameroom is already working because it is too lag play by browsers :(

Gameroom still doesn't work.

Anyone know if the new client will be updated for Gameroom?

Green 10-25-2019 05:05 PM

I'm getting black screens frequently now and some images are failing to load.

EDIT: Images actually seem fine now.

Yami 10-25-2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Posted by Green (Post 827955)
I'm getting black screens frequently now and some images are failing to load.

A few emergency bugs are being fixed that I found; GPs will probably be disabled for a long while.

When clients fail to load or black-screen / disconnect it's because the client itself is being updated.

Green 10-25-2019 05:09 PM

Quote:

Posted by Yami (Post 827956)
A few emergency bugs are being fixed that I found; GPs will probably be disabled for a long while.

When clients fail to load or black-screen / disconnect it's because the client itself is being updated.

Ohh that makes sense. Thanks for the info.

Green 10-25-2019 07:24 PM

https://i.imgur.com/Tq5YLvO.png

Jarace 10-25-2019 07:56 PM

The issues with inputs not going through should now be resolved, as well as a lot of the stutters.

If anyone is still experiencing those issues, please let us know.

Also - the loading bar was removed, so you'll see a black screen while the game loads/until you see the logo. That will be fixed in a few days.

Green 10-25-2019 08:25 PM

Not sure if I am the only one this is happening to but sometimes the game will think I am holding down shift and everything I type will be in capital letters and trying to use one of my equipped items brings up the quick swap menu. The only way I know of fixing it is to restart the game.

Heeble 10-25-2019 08:29 PM

Quote:

Posted by Green (Post 827962)
Not sure if I am the only one this is happening to but sometimes the game will think I am holding down shift and everything I type will be in capital letters and trying to use one of my equipped items brings up the quick swap menu. The only way I know of fixing it is to restart the game.

I've been experiencing this but I kept forgetting to report it. I've not been able to find a way to replicate it.

Also had a weird thing happen earlier. Went to type and pressing one key spit out 9 of that letter. Never seen this before

Green 10-25-2019 08:34 PM

Quote:

Posted by Heeble (Post 827963)
I've been experiencing this but I kept forgetting to report it. I've not been able to find a way to replicate it.

Also had a weird thing happen earlier. Went to type and pressing one key spit out 9 of that letter. Never seen this before

I think it has something to do with mounts. Every time it has happened to me I've noticed because hitting a doesn't dismount me, then I do what anyone would do and mash keys for a second and notice that everything is in caps.

Heeble 10-25-2019 08:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 27769
Attachment 27770

Rarely look in my items due to how I've set up my favorites. But the graphics still look squished.

Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 827939)
Are the heads still squished/small for you?

Attachment 27771
Yes and others

Green 10-25-2019 09:25 PM

Quote:

Posted by Heeble (Post 827965)
Attachment 27769
Attachment 27770

Rarely look in my items due to how I've set up my favorites. But the graphics still look squished.

Attachment 27771
Yes and others

I'm experiencing both of these as well.
https://i.imgur.com/QlfFM6Z.png
https://i.imgur.com/Ry34JRb.png

Yami 10-25-2019 10:00 PM

emotes are also broken once again.

Can't use Ctrl + key or it uses browser hotkeys.

Green 10-25-2019 10:57 PM

Trying to use the m key to move furniture in your house opens the map and moves your furniture.

Crono 10-26-2019 01:31 AM

Quote:

Posted by Crono (Post 827905)
on chrome (likely applies to other browsers)
-emojis are messed (ctrl + anything uses the browser's hotkeys, like ctrl + s opens up the save dialogue)

-inconsistent ping, 170, 300, 280, 155, etc. actual command takes longer than usual to show me my ping. getting a consistent 150-155 on my phone over wifi

-fonts in general rendered differently and dont look right (likely need to be changed)

-ingame chat text looks a bit blurry, this feels like a very old change around the v2/v4 era so i dont know if this is better or worse, but def not as crisp as before. might come down to preference

-typing characters like @ twice will cause the next one to print 3 times (so @@@ becomes @@@@@). everytime the character is typed from there it will print 3 times. tested with [ ] * etc

-nordic characters like ๖ไๅ all show up as "รรร"

-cant copy or paste from textbox, attempting to paste shows "รรร"

-scroll wheel only moving the window panes (like options for example) at a minimal pace despite my Windows wide setting being at a moderate rate

Suggestion:
-give us the option to disable "Upload Screenshot to FaceBook", FB Graal has been dead for a long time and I'd much rather save my images to my device

all of these are still valid problems except for copy pasting.

now you can only copy paste from within the game. attempting to paste content from outside the game doesn't paste what you've copied. likewise, if you copy from the game, you cannot paste it outside the game. you instead get:

Quote:

GraalOnline Classic
GraalOnline Era
GraalOnline Zone
GraalOnline Olwest
-
+
Shop
Map
News
Feedback

Green 10-26-2019 11:31 AM

Quote:

Posted by Heeble (Post 827963)

Figured this out. Open a chat box, hit ctrl + o and it opens an explorer window, exit out of it and then hit a key.

When using brackets it sometimes spits out two instead of one.
https://i.imgur.com/1d1C3Qs.gif