Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Solo: A Star Wars Story (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40556)

MrSimons 06-08-2018 01:14 AM

Solo: A Star Wars Story

I don't see an active thread for this so I figure I'd post one. Anyone here seen it? I went to see it last week and was pretty impressed. Overall I think the whole Anthology series may be my favorite thing to come to Star Wars, RO was one of the best movies in the Saga, and Solo really didn't disappoint either.

I'm huge fan of the casting choices. Going in I wasn't sure how I felt about Alden Ehrenreich as Han, and the trailers definitely didn't do him much justice. But when I saw the movie I was certainly seeing a movie with Han Solo in it and not someone pretending to be Han Solo. I thought Donald Glover was a great choice for Lando since I saw the trailers but he was even better in the movie. Both these characters really lived up to their predecessors in the OT. Don't have much to say about Woody Harrelson and Emilia Clarke but I thought they were both pretty great as well, and definitely hope to see more Emilia Clarke in the next couple movies.

wildkeldeo 06-08-2018 04:27 AM

Spoiler
Chewbacca didn't die guys. Don't worry. :)

Reggie* 06-08-2018 08:58 AM

Quote:

Posted by MrSimons (Post 813248)
I don't see an active thread for this so I figure I'd post one. Anyone here seen it? I went to see it last week and was pretty impressed. Overall I think the whole Anthology series may be my favorite thing to come to Star Wars, RO was one of the best movies in the Saga, and Solo really didn't disappoint either.

I'm huge fan of the casting choices. Going in I wasn't sure how I felt about Alden Ehrenreich as Han, and the trailers definitely didn't do him much justice. But when I saw the movie I was certainly seeing a movie with Han Solo in it and not someone pretending to be Han Solo. I thought Donald Glover was a great choice for Lando since I saw the trailers but he was even better in the movie. Both these characters really lived up to their predecessors in the OT. Don't have much to say about Woody Harrelson and Emilia Clarke but I thought they were both pretty great as well, and definitely hope to see more Emilia Clarke in the next couple movies.

I enjoyed it, I loved going in on opening night and just seeing the amazed faces walking out.

Solo was good, I think it is in my top 5 best...Because it explains a lot like RO between episodes 3-4 which is great and I think they should do more.

Sir 06-08-2018 02:52 PM

Spoiler
darth maul was my favorite

MrSimons 06-12-2018 03:20 PM

Quote:

Posted by Sir (Post 813267)
Spoiler
darth maul was my favorite

**** yes my man, it got me so hyped to see him alive outside of Rebels (which is garbage)

MrSimons 06-12-2018 03:21 PM

Quote:

Posted by Reggie* (Post 813258)
I enjoyed it, I loved going in on opening night and just seeing the amazed faces walking out.

Solo was good, I think it is in my top 5 best...Because it explains a lot like RO between episodes 3-4 which is great and I think they should do more.

Yea I think its cool that they're doing it. Would love to see more stuff that has nothing to do with the established story. Some Old Republic movies would make me sooo happy.

Garutias 06-13-2018 12:28 AM

It’s disgusting the old Star Wars were good but this is bad. I fell asleep in the cinema.

The directors are grinding the leftover money from the classics

Reggie* 06-13-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Posted by Garutias (Post 813469)
It’s disgusting the old Star Wars were good but third is bad. I fell asleep in the cinema.

The directors are grinding the leftover money from the classics

Smh, you need to get some chromosomes back yo.
This Star Wars movie was great...It tells us more..and it is like top in the US

MysticalDragon 06-22-2018 09:26 PM

It was only great to people that don't read the book series, which was far better then the movie. The movie shows you Disneys *point of view* of Solo. However it was a great movie, but its sad to see how they decided to not follow the books and make something up completely new. This is what makes the movie suck in my opinion.

Great Movie yes, Great star wars movie? Nah