Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Future Improvements (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Upload Tokens (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40471)

4-Lom 05-18-2018 04:20 AM

Upload Tokens

Well there goes my interest in uploading anything with the intention of refunding it... ever again?

Anyone else have thoughts/feelings on this?

Thallen 05-18-2018 04:28 AM

Here are mine from the other thread, which were completely ignored because they're accurate and the concept of an "unfixable exploit" is a fallacy:
Quote:

Posted by Thallen (Post 811774)
As someone who used to regularly exploit economies of all sorts on PC servers, I can't really conceptualize how there's a single bug that effects the economies of multiple different servers (including those using scripted currency systems using flags rather than the default "gralats," if Classic actually uses that), which apparently works in some way through manipulating the upload system. The fact that this already exists on several other servers would lead me believe that isn't an actual thing, and this seems to be happening as Classic now reaches out to developers from servers that already had the system.

I also can't wrap my brain around the idea of an "unfixable exploit," but I dunno. I do know some things on Graal can't be handled at a scripting level, but the uploading system is a scripted system meaning it should be able to be fixed through proper scripting. Maybe if this was an issue with the survey rewards offers or something like that then this would make sense to me, but even then I'd be pretty confident that a real fix could be made.

I think it was probably changed for the obvious reason, which is that it gates players into needing to buy gralat packs to afford hats and other cosmetics when they're released (instead of refunding their old uploads). If that is the case, I don't understand why it isn't being said and people are instead being told to come to the forums and make vague posts surrounding the change.

More concerning than the change itself is that the forums are now apparently "official" yet the amount of staff involvement and interaction has only increased in the realm of closing/deleting threads/posts.

4-Lom 05-18-2018 04:40 AM

It's so obviously a cash grab that it's insulting.
Same with forcing the sale of bugs, placing limits on bugs/loots...
Changing prices on christmas items...

If there was a warning about these changes beforehand, it would show consideration for players who are invested in the game. Because there is no warning and it's just a 'gotcha' scenario when you're suddenly faced with blatant theft, it's showing lack of concern for players (ie customers).

This will hurt sales. Of gralat packs and uploads.

Rusix 05-18-2018 07:46 AM

I do have to agree with Thallen, And everyone else. It's so obvious that it is just is method to force people to buy gralats instead of refunding uploads when things get out. Because honestly let's admit it. Like 90% of the graal population doesn't farm or loot all day because within a like 9 hour period of farming you'll get like 9-10K gralats. So you know within those nexus things for those mounts that are like 15K. And assuming you're the normal person and either go to school or go to work and then other things after school. Buying gralat packs is basically the only way to get that item if you want it. Or by selling a old upload you no longer like to make up most the cost...which isn't doable now.

And like Thallen also said. The entire uploading system is scripted, It makes no sense as to why a system that is entirely scripted couldn't be fixed with better scripting

Eugeen 05-18-2018 10:49 AM

Most impactful changes to classic are solely to make it into more of a cashgrab, they’ve been doing it for years now and it’s nothing new.
This is why I’ve quit classic years ago, it’s just either too expensive or too time consuming especially when you consider it’s just a mobile game with the main “gameplay” being chatting and hanging out with other players

McCullough 05-18-2018 11:34 AM

I don't buy uploads unless I actually plan to keep them or wear thrm, so this change is nothing of my concern. I'm confused by a lot of people.

"OMG I CAN'T REFUND MY UPLOADS THIS IS A NIGHTMARE! I WANT TO REFUND EVERY UPLOAD I BUY WHY DID YOU DO THIS?"

Strange. If you don't want to keep an upload, don't buy it. The same goes for hats.

Pokki 05-18-2018 12:40 PM

I bought a cat body yesterday as a joke and forgot I don’t get gralats back crying

Nglyeh 05-18-2018 12:51 PM

"Thanks Unimax"

Meteor 05-18-2018 07:11 PM

I don't mind them trying to increase their revenue if the game is truly unprofitable, but to lie about it is a bit kooky

Adrian 05-18-2018 07:19 PM

If we got 5000 tokens and 5000 gralalts we can buy another body?

Sir Travis 05-18-2018 09:06 PM

Do you still get a 100% refund (in tokens) if you return the upload within 1 hour?

tristanfosho 05-18-2018 09:28 PM

Quote:

Posted by Adrian (Post 812152)
If we got 5000 tokens and 5000 gralalts we can buy another body?

Yeah, it should work like that and it will always consume the tokens before gralats if you have enough tokens.

Quote:

Posted by Sir Travis (Post 812162)
Do you still get a 100% refund (in tokens) if you return the upload within 1 hour?

It is probably the same upload system Era has so yeah, you will still get a full refund in tokens if you refund within the given time.

Thallen 05-18-2018 09:47 PM

Quote:

Posted by McCullough (Post 812133)
I don't buy uploads unless I actually plan to keep them or wear thrm, so this change is nothing of my concern. I'm confused by a lot of people.

"OMG I CAN'T REFUND MY UPLOADS THIS IS A NIGHTMARE! I WANT TO REFUND EVERY UPLOAD I BUY WHY DID YOU DO THIS?"

Strange. If you don't want to keep an upload, don't buy it. The same goes for hats.

It's really not a matter of if the change is good or bad, it's that people are sent to the forums blatantly lying about why the change was made because the general audience are really young kids who wouldn't even know to question if the cause of this is an "unfixable exploit." I'd respect them 500% more if they just came out and said the change was made so that they can make more money.

MysticalDragon 05-18-2018 10:01 PM

Quote:

Posted by Thallen (Post 812164)
It's really not a matter of if the change is good or bad, it's that people are sent to the forums blatantly lying about why the change was made because the general audience are really young kids who wouldn't even know to question if the cause of this is an "unfixable exploit." I'd respect them 500% more if they just came out and said the change was made so that they can make more money.

This system wasn't implemented because "other servers did it". It was a group staff decision based on how the refunds go up around holidays, new events etc. Other servers have may of done it first, but it was a change happening on all current Mobile Servers. IClassic was just busy doing other things before they got a chance to update there system.

How I feel on the situation personally is refunds should of never been allowed past 24 hours. Not one IOS Game I play your allowed to refund purchasable content and tbh I felt this feature was flawed from the beginning. So it was corrected. One thing that was on our minds was if we take something from the players we felt obligated to give something back. So instead of removing refunding entirely we implemented Tokens.

Thallen 05-18-2018 10:04 PM

Quote:

Posted by MysticalDragon (Post 812167)
This system wasn't implemented because "other servers did it". It was a group staff decision based on how the refunds go up around holidays, new events etc. Other servers have may of done it first, but it was a change happening on all current Mobile Servers. IClassic was just busy doing other things before they got a chance to update there system.

So then I was correct here:
Quote:

Posted by Thallen (Post 811774)
I think it was probably changed for the obvious reason, which is that it gates players into needing to buy gralat packs to afford hats and other cosmetics when they're released (instead of refunding their old uploads).

And this is a lie:
Quote:

Posted by Hoyt (Post 811715)
The upload token system is a band aid fix for a serious bug that some players were abusing to generate tons of gralats for nothing. The bug isn't something that scripters can fix, so the only real option is to work around it. No one wanted to add upload tokens but they are the best solution currently available.

? Because the way it used to work was hardly a bug, it worked exactly as it was scripted to. And players weren't "generating tons of gralats," they were actually losing 5k on every refund past the first hour.