Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Future Improvements (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Christmas & Gifts (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40584)

Reggie* 06-15-2018 04:42 PM

Christmas & Gifts

This may have already have been made and if so close the thread and direct me to the original.

But, I have noticed you cannot sell christmas gifts for like high prices anymore and instead only 1 gralat or so..I know I am behind but like wow...I think this should be changed back...also the max of 10 gifts per person? Like to give...That is pretty crappy. It would be great if we could give as many as went want to people...instead of having to go on different accounts and stuff.

Ariona13 06-15-2018 04:43 PM

What it’s not even Christmas https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fc7fbf07fa.png

Reggie* 06-15-2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

Posted by Ariona13 (Post 813536)
What it’s not even Christmas

Yeah, but like my friend and I were talking about it..and if you want change...you better start early :')

4-Lom 06-15-2018 05:52 PM

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 812866)
In the last while there have been some big changes to the game in how we are allowed to interact with the game's profitable content, which is essentially related to farming, bug catching, and looting. More recently there have been some larger changes to the system which have caused me to question the reasoning of staff in making said changes. Initially these were admittedly minor details... but here's the list of what I've seen relating directly reducing the value of objects possessed by players and hindering the ability to profit from in-game activity.
  • - Rate of gralat spawn in farming has been periodically reduced (admittedly hasn't happened for some time)
  • - Bomb/Arrow interactions were removed (exploding arrow effect)
  • - Looting now has a limitation on the amount of items you can hold at one time and a lower value per item on sale.
  • - Bug catching, again, now has a limit on the number of bugs you can hold and a lower value per item on sale (recently made much lower, without warning, in this case)
  • - Capsule Machine furniture objects have a resale value of 1 gralat (instead of half price)
  • - Christmas Gift furniture has been retroactively devalued, to also sell for 1 gralat per piece instead of the original half price (thousands on some items)
  • - Hat stores have recently been adjusted to all have rotating stock in order to stimulate 'impulse purchasing' and limiting availability of specific items
  • - Select furniture pieces have been adjusted to be more expensive than initial release prices (in particular, the castle furniture, after they were found to be extremely profitable)
  • - Personal Uploads have been altered, without notice, now giving "upload tokens" instead of gralats, meaning you can only exchange them for half price on an alternate upload.
  • - Furniture items have now been altered, without notice, to resell for 10 gralats per piece instead of the original half price.

To be clear, I have no problem with changing these things.
I do, however, have a problem with not being warned first.
This is dishonest thievery, and the persons responsible should be ashamed.

If you disagree with this action,
consider carefully what this trend implies before purchasing in-game currency (gralat packs) in future.

The thread to find the original discussion about this...
https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40520

I had about 200,000-300,000 worth of resale value from furniture objects removed (read 'stolen') in this 'update' including christmas and halloween items that previously sold for unspeakably higher rates than 1 gralat each.

Reggie* 06-15-2018 06:30 PM

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 813539)
I had about 200,000-300,000 worth of resale value from furniture objects removed (read 'stolen') in this 'update' including christmas and halloween items that previously sold for unspeakably higher rates than 1 gralat each.

Yeah...this is quite unfair..and although this read does not completely discuss this topic...I believe it should stay open for further discussion.

Weeno 06-15-2018 07:05 PM

Let’s also not forget how absolute *** the gifts can be. U spend 500 gralats to gift tr friend and they end up getting 3 cookies. And 10/10 times the gift from staff will also suck and that’s my only gift I get nowadays since I’m irrelevant now

4-Lom 06-15-2018 07:55 PM

Yeah last year the amount of food and pocket change that was given in the gifts was terrible. 40-60% of them were more or less worthless.

Fp* 06-17-2018 08:09 AM

The gift limit was so that people wouldnt just go on an alt and farm idk 500k gralats (starting jan to december u could ez get more) and the gift themselves like 1000 gifts or even more cepending on how much ya farm (or use credit card but with those bad odds idk if anyone does lol)

Reggie* 06-17-2018 10:24 AM

Quote:

Posted by Fp* (Post 813589)
The gift limit was so that people wouldnt just go on an alt and farm idk 500k gralats (starting jan to december u could ez get more) and the gift themselves like 1000 gifts or even more cepending on how much ya farm (or use credit card but with those bad odds idk if anyone does lol)

Does it really matter how many gifts you get though?

4-Lom 06-17-2018 01:27 PM

Not now that you get less than 400 gralats or an item (worth at most 1 gralat) from them.... or stale christmas cookies.

Westbrook Graal 06-17-2018 01:49 PM

idk why theres no gift trading system like easter has lol either do that or remove the cap on secret santa

Asaiki 06-17-2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Posted by Westbrook Graal (Post 813592)
idk why theres no gift trading system like easter has lol either do that or remove the cap on secret santa

this needs to be applied but they're probably a bit lazy to implement that lol

Master Shredder 06-26-2018 08:30 AM

The gift limit is why i have 70k across 10 alts. and 140k across 20 other alts