Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The new server update (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41404)

Saeed 05-16-2019 01:05 PM

The new server update

As you already know the server was down yesterday for maintenance receiving a huge update. Moving the server’s location, improving the smoothness of the server for players from all countries (not delay. We are talking about lag) and also making huge differences and minor differences to players from different countries and states.

The USA players current situation: all the eastern players in the USA got their ping improved especially players from New York. The majority of USA players 90% I would say received a minor ping improvement. Whereas, players from California and (idk) got ping increased by around 30 MS. Making the delay longer for them.

Canadians current state: their ping has also improved! By around 40 MS.

Europe current state: The ping was improved massively! For all Europe players! Ping was decreased by around 70 MS for all players from Europe.

Australia/Asia and Brazil current state: unfortunately their ping was increased and their delay gotten worse. It wasn’t a massive difference, it was around 30 MS increase.

In addition to the new ping players receive now days, the server lag was improved so much. Now nobody freezes which was very common before this update took place. In addition to barely any players lagging warping, unless if it was caused by their Wi-Fi.

Splitting the game inti servers would be really beneficial in this situation, the current server and a new asian server. However there isn’t enough players in the game unfortunately to do so.

Question: would Brazilians get a low ping on an asian server?

Fabian 05-16-2019 03:34 PM

Thank you detective.

Saeed 05-16-2019 04:02 PM

I did it for the rep

Heeble 05-16-2019 08:37 PM

random freezing on pc is worse than before, good update

4-Lom 05-17-2019 02:05 AM

Placebo.

I would have been happy if that computer was being sold at the forge.

fp4 05-17-2019 02:59 AM

If you want to understand how the world is connected you can take a look at Submarine Cable Map:

https://www.submarinecablemap.com

Asian servers would not be an improvement for Brazil / South America.

The move overall was a huge improvement on the back-end side of things. It's extremely apparent when loading offline players and entering houses. The terrible lag spikes where houses weren't loading correctly shouldn't be a problem anymore barring extreme circumstances.

Sir Travis 05-17-2019 12:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the update and the clear information

Sorry for hitting the panic button, I got a little punchy

Dusty 05-17-2019 08:56 PM

Quote:

Posted by fp4 (Post 825927)
If you want to understand how the world is connected you can take a look at Submarine Cable Map:

https://www.submarinecablemap.com

Asian servers would not be an improvement for Brazil / South America.

The move overall was a huge improvement on the back-end side of things. It's extremely apparent when loading offline players and entering houses. The terrible lag spikes where houses weren't loading correctly shouldn't be a problem anymore barring extreme circumstances.

I've also been told that it's fixed the issue with NPCs on gmaps getting their scripts confused.

Crono 05-17-2019 09:22 PM

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 825925)
Placebo.

???

Saeed 05-18-2019 12:02 AM

The freezing is still taking place unfortunately it became worse with the server update. Yes loading houses/profiles etc is good.

Can we see another screenshot of the countries graal online players are from? Is brazil #1?

GOAT 05-18-2019 06:04 PM

The only differences I noticed for me is better horse farming and I have a hard time walking through players

4-Lom 05-19-2019 02:56 PM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 825953)
I've also been told that it's fixed the issue with NPCs on gmaps getting their scripts confused.

Wow yeah good point.

There's still a ton of lag (might be me) but there's not pirate ships in the railway system or spiders sitting in the stalls at bazaar.

Good point!! (also wb)

Saeed 05-19-2019 03:00 PM

My bro was never gone

Numbrero 05-20-2019 04:56 PM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 825953)

I've still experienced those going crazy, more so than before if anything.

Ingrid 05-21-2019 03:55 AM

idk if anyone is experiencing this but I mostly play on pc and after around 15 to 20 min of playing I get this crazy glitch where I can't see my character and the game just stop working over all and I can't get back on till i give it around 5 min then I can start playing again but it always happen when I log on the game. idk if this is part of the update or it's just my pc