Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New features being added to the new profiles (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40621)

Westbrook Graal 06-25-2018 08:30 PM

New features being added to the new profiles

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 25860

noticed this while browsing a few guilds out of boredom. "1k win: (player name)" in this instance. It wasn't there for other profiles i checked on, but I saw someone with 108 wins and "100th win: (player name)". So is it just affected by people who hit milestones AFTER this update? myself/wick didn't have this on our profiles for any milestone. Haven't checked to see if it's for PKs as well.

Thoughts? I think it's dope tbh, we've been needing stuff to fill the right slide and this definitely does it. Also permanently displays who you made your milestone win so you don't have to keep it in your status. Still waiting for gst wins/placements/1k hats/plaques section tho

Thallen 06-25-2018 09:50 PM

I always thought the whole "MY 100k PK WAS" thing was kinda corny, but it fills empty space so whatever

Kinda strange in the way that this is even more binding to your profile than marriage (if you ever come to a stopping point at least), but either way it's neither good nor bad for me, just something new

Weeno 06-25-2018 09:59 PM

Smh this reminds me of the time my 10k kill was suppose to be my friend but i somehow killed a random noob near the old castle

Meteor 06-25-2018 11:28 PM

lmao I don't want some noob's name on my profile. I've always killed randoms for my big milestones. I am not down with this.

There are plenty of competitive stats that I'd love to see though, such as
- times placed top three / top ten / #1 on daily leaderboard
- flags captured with last hit
- total damage dealt to flags
- etc.
Unfortunately I doubt they have stored data on these kinds of things.

Thallen 06-26-2018 01:59 AM

Quote:

Posted by Thallen (Post 814169)
but either way it's neither good nor bad for me, just something new

I retract what I said, it sucks, anything that encourages careful gameplay is stupid, the same thing I said about kill streaks applies to this:
Quote:

Posted by Thallen (Post 810838)
It's a problem to me because it's a fluff stat that encourages playing in a way that's both unnatural and unhealthy for the game. It makes sense on an economy server like Era where you're using items and healing and death has some form of consequence, but on Classic it's totally pointless. The way you can tell the stat is bad is by imagining if every player online was trying their best to beat the highest recorded streak - PKing wouldn't even be remotely fun in that world.

Just imagine everyone on iClassic derping around waiting for some special person to come online to fill their little profile stat up and then you quickly realize it's bad

fp4 06-26-2018 02:17 AM

milestones are 50, 100, 500, 1K then every +1K thereafter.

e.g. 10K, 23K, 37K, 38K

Westbrook Graal 06-26-2018 02:27 AM

Quote:

Posted by Thallen (Post 814194)
I retract what I said, it sucks, anything that encourages careful gameplay is stupid, the same thing I said about kill streaks applies to this:

Just imagine everyone on iClassic derping around waiting for some special person to come online to fill their little profile stat up and then you quickly realize it's bad

so 1 win every 1000 wins is going to ruin competitive sparring? this will change absolutely nothing it's just a filler for profiles. barely anyone good even spars as it is, this won't make anyone "run around constantly waiting for someone to fill their profile stat". majority of people don't care about it or would only have friends do it for huge milestones (ie; 10k, 1k, 20k, 30k, 40k, maybe even 5k or 15k)

only positive/negative this could have would be getting people to spar more actively so they could have someone at that milestone spot in their status, rather then what you said

Sarah_ 06-26-2018 02:43 AM

At which milestone am i able to get this on my profile? 200K? lol

Thallen 06-26-2018 02:44 AM

Quote:

Posted by Westbrook Graal (Post 814197)
so 1 win every 1000 wins is going to ruin competitive sparring? this will change absolutely nothing it's just a filler for profiles. barely anyone good even spars as it is, this won't make anyone "run around constantly waiting for someone to fill their profile stat". majority of people don't care about it or would only have friends do it for huge milestones (ie; 10k, 1k, 20k, 30k, 40k, maybe even 5k or 15k)

only positive/negative this could have would be getting people to spar more actively so they could have someone at that milestone spot in their status, rather then what you said

Didn't say it would ruin anything, it won't, and the amount of people already PMing me "will you be my X win" is proof of what I said, I just think it's pointless/adds nothing of value but I don't care because I don't spar and it doesn't affect me (other than the PMs)

And you say "people don't care" but they do, no one wants to have some random name in their profile for a long period of time so they will inevitably carefully pick someone, that person is gonna pause in a spar, etc. - half these people can't even stay married to the same person for a month

Kicko 06-26-2018 03:10 AM

add a gst win milestone so we can see everyone who has 0 lol

MikvaGraal 06-26-2018 03:38 AM

Add a side room spar win count and a points per spar count, would be hilarious to see

Aguzo 06-26-2018 05:07 AM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 810186)
Alright so we made this update with the full intention of gathering input from the players and getting ideas for stats to add to the second page. So if you have suggestions or ideas for stats let us know! Just be aware that there is no code in place to track many stats, so most likely any new stats will start from zero.
One thing we were thinking of for example is having seasonal stats in place during that time of the season. For example eggs found during easter, candy found during halloween and so on.

gonna agree that having names you don't want can be bothersome

what kind of stats can you guys add?
https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40360

out of all the ideas on that thread, I think everyone can agree that # of gst wins, loot, bugs, and house likes are the top favorites
are you guys gonna add guild profile stats? if you don't have a record of every person's gst wins, at least give a number for guild profiles. I remember that guild spar wins and losses are also counted, but seen by members only (should add that too). Or waiting for ngs?

Saeed 06-26-2018 04:18 PM

Rather than adding stats that aren’t really useful add more important stats such as gst wins admin events wins etc.. even if you don’t have the date for that you can either collect them using reliable sources or just start from 0 like the other stats.

Thallen 06-27-2018 04:37 AM

https://puu.sh/AMESP/4244e09d0d.jpg

like this, these are stats that actually promote doing good things instead of healing at 0.5 to continue your 1300 kill streak
IDK why guild sparring stuff hasn't been added already, seems obvious being that we already have "showgs"

anyway, I thought of these in like 5 minutes and there can be way better and deeper stats like "hits per death" and stuff but just trying to show that it's not hard to fill up the second page with meaningful stats instead of fodder

4-Lom 06-27-2018 05:26 AM

I miss having a live bomb and arrow count in my profile. Maybe this could get added to the HUD in tiny symbols near the cash or HP ?