Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New Guild System (Phase 1) Released (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40763)

fp4 08-10-2018 01:25 AM

New Guild System (Phase 1) Released

Today we are releasing the first phase of our long-awaited Guild System reform. This release brings a number of quality of life changes including an increased member limit, new guild control panel packed with new features, genuine guild alliances and a fully revised guild chat system. All of the changes are explained in the Help sections of the guild menu. For a full list of features see below.

• We have expanded the guild membership limit to 50 players.

• Guild messages have been reworked and are now a persistent chat room with history feature. New recruits only see history from the time they join.

• Ally messages are a separate room, with its own chat button, that is shared between the allied guilds.

• The Guilds menu section has been changed from a list to a button format. Guilds that you are a part of are now displayed as their own button with their guild logo used as its icon.

• Every guild now has its own 'Control Panel' and guild management features have been split up into their own sections. Players are unable to use the Control Panel features until they are wearing the guild tag.

• The old 'guild profile' has received some visual improvements and is now presented as a Guild Charter. New guild information is included on this, such as the guild formation date, guild interests and main language used within the guild. Guilds can customize some of these new options in their Settings.

• Guild logo uploading has been made more user friendly, enabling players to zoom and position their logo prior to it being sent for staff approval. The time limit for uploading logos on approval/denial has been removed; guilds are now limited to 10 logo uploads per-day instead.

• Guild members are now displayed in grid format as part of the Guild Roster. Members are sorted by rank and then by join date, ensuring the leader is positioned first. Rank names are shown under nicknames and a range of temp sorting features can be applied. Online indicators are included, with a shield shape representing players who are wearing the guild tag.

• Guild member profile information has new data such as how long a member has worn their guild tag, when they were last on guild tag and who recruited them to the guild.

• All guilds have predefined ranks set by default. New recruits are set as "Apprentice", who can then be promoted to "Member". At present there are no differences in these ranks outside of their names. The next level is "Officer" who can recruit and remove people from the guild, which is followed by the Leader.

• Guilds are now able to ban players from joining their guild. This can be done through their profiles. A list of banned players can be found in the guild Roster.

• Guilds can once again create alliances with another guild, but they must have 25 members or under to do so. Guilds can request an alliance with another, and once approved, they will share a new charter with information specific to the alliance. All of the old alliance features, such as shared chat, visual indicators and being unable to hurt each other exist within this system.

• Guild membership applications is a new feature, where guilds can open up their recruitment in their Settings and players can apply to join through their Charter. The Requests section houses all requests to join and requests to form an alliance. When a new request is received a notification is sent out to members with access to manage such requests.

• There is now a section which handles all guild Settings, such as charter information and recruitment-related customizations. The means in which ranks are displayed have also been given its own option, letting players disable ranks in nicknames or pick how they are presented. A button to reset all settings back to their defaults can be found at the bottom of the list.

• There is a new button specific to leaving a guild. Guild leaders will no longer be able to disband their guild without first removing other members.

• All features are explained in the revised Help section of the guilds menu, which includes information that a player of any level might need to know. All user decisions such as kicking members, promoting members, ending an alliance, disbanding a guild, etc have been given a confirmation window.

But we're not done there. Keep an eye out as more features are on their way!

Aguzo 08-10-2018 01:27 AM

https://i.imgur.com/4LSLSXz.jpg

fp4 08-10-2018 01:31 AM

Currently dealing with some server lag, working on resolving. We may restart the server in the process.

Fulgore 08-10-2018 01:31 AM

good stuff for phase 1

is there a time we can expect future phases yet? or can you not answer yet

Tay A. 08-10-2018 01:32 AM

awesome work guys! the hard work paid off

Mount 08-10-2018 01:37 AM

SEE I TOLD EVERYONE IT WOULDCOME OUT AUGUST I WAS RIGHT

Tensor 08-10-2018 01:37 AM

Cool

Hiph0pÇhaøs 08-10-2018 01:38 AM

Finally NGS drops. Been waiting for this thing for years

Chuli Skotos 08-10-2018 01:39 AM

im gonna cry. just restart the serverrrr

the lag is actually unbearable so restart is better @fp4

DoubleliftGraal 08-10-2018 01:49 AM

So basically guilds have more security cuz graal is full of idiots that can't trust each other. Well played fp4 ;). I still appreciate this cuz it's definitely work done.

The relevancy (towering, sparring, GST) hasnt been accounted for at all but i guess work is work

Hiph0pÇhaøs 08-10-2018 01:55 AM

Idk man we just gonna have to see. Right now, the servers are too laggy to judge the NGS atm

Mount 08-10-2018 01:58 AM

Quote:

Posted by Mount (Post 815215)
see I told everyone it's coming in July-August, Possibly September but it'd be probably be Early to maybe Mid September lol !!!

see lol !!!

TeK 08-10-2018 01:59 AM

Other than just letting 2 separate guilds come together, is there any benefit to choosing to do an alliance rather than expanding one’s own guild?

Zearos 08-10-2018 02:00 AM

I like it but I'd like to see the old alliance system brought back or a variation of it, allow more than one allied guild and don't limit it to only for guilds with less than 25 members. Larger guild chains with large rosters were pretty fun, keeping it to 50 kinda kills that

Garutias 08-10-2018 02:00 AM

I love it good job FP4