Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Chat (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Trump Voters (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38672)

tzp 03-28-2017 07:10 PM

Trump Voters

So happy for our country. All the great things happening and non-corruption, thank god we dodged a bullet like Hillary and got Trump. :smile:

Anyway, snide remarks aside. I looked for a similar thread like this before posting this, so it doesn't become redundant. But it looks like this is something that has avoided further discussion since his Presidency. Anyway, in a non-polarized and non-stigmatized way, let us discuss!!

How do you feel about President Trump's current administration?

P.S. I'm very curious about your thoughts, Thallen, as you are one of the most memorable Trump supporters I've met thus far. Surely, you can't approve of every single action he has take thus far.

As for me, I had taken a strong stance with Hillary. Because regardless of her known corruptions, I knew that her strength in diplomacy and international relationships were a greater benefit, and the risk to internal damage within the country was less than Trumps. However, I realized Trump's popularity during his campaign, and the growing American mindset of "we need change" to occur. So I felt that Trump, in all his inner corruption and "bait & switch" methods, would be good for America. It is only through mistakes that America learns, and perhaps it was time we make a good learning benchmark for our exceedingly and unaccounted growing arrogance as a national global leader.

Other Marines and fellow U.S. State Dept. officials I've worked with discussed. That the US has grown soft. And not in a emotional "your opinions hurt my feelings" kind of way, but in a way where the US has forgotten our responsibility to the rest of the world and have chosen to take what seemed like an easier, selfish route of "making America great again". Whether we liked it or not, responsibility is sometimes shirked on us, and it is these things that can't be disregarded. However, we surely attempted to do so with this Presidency. And we ended up proving that self-preservation, within our borders, our jobs, is a detriment to growth and that the success of it actually depends on bilateral relationships. How? We still rely on jobs overseas, exploiting relationships (now Russia) to achieve things. We're now paying for a wall that...Mexico will reimburse us for? And Americans now believe, if you CAN'T afford medical insurance, you basically deserve to die. Because our morals now lie on "pick up your own weight, your life means nothing compared to the prorated taxes that I pay".

I'm glad we've evolved to such a self-centered, regressive stage. Our arrogance, is simply, baffling.

Anyway, just food for thought, for whoever took the time to read this. What are your thoughts?

5hift 03-28-2017 07:43 PM

Trumps president, end of story. You may not like it but its reality.

Wait 4 more years and vote for somebody who can dab harder than Hillary.

tzp 03-28-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Posted by 5hift (Post 774345)
Trumps president, end of story. You may not like it but its reality.

Wait 4 more years and vote for somebody who can dab harder than Hillary.

End of story? The whole reason each side of the argument ends up so transfixed on their initial decisions is because they refuse to let others speak.

When liberals call Trump voters as "Trumpsters" and "Bigots" as a means of silencing, and when Trump voters call others "snowflakes" as a means of silencing... it proves that nothing progressive ever happens. It only breeds more ignorance.

I'm very well aware of what reality is. But is this "get over it" mindset what creates progression? Nah. Did you have anything at all to contribute to this discussion? Because I'm sure you do. Your opinions will not be reprimanded here mate.

Discussions are not meaningless. If even a single person has a clearer understanding of another perspective, you've already accomplished the essential purpose of a discussion. Just as I've been enlightened with Trump's positives and negatives, I hope discussion (even in Graalians) could sheath ignorance.

5hift 03-28-2017 08:22 PM

Quote:

Posted by tzp (Post 774352)
End of story? The whole reason each side of the argument ends up so transfixed on their initial decisions is because they refuse to let others speak.

When liberals call Trump voters as "Trumpsters" and "Bigots" as a means of silencing, and when Trump voters call others "snowflakes" as a means of silencing... it proves that nothing progressive ever happens. It only breeds more ignorance.

I'm very well aware of what reality is. But is this "get over it" mindset what creates progression? Nah. Did you have anything at all to contribute to this discussion? Because I'm sure you do. Your opinions will not be reprimanded here mate.

Yeah I got something to contribute to the discussion.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Nobody cares.

Nowadays you say anything about anyone and they hold you accountable for it no matter how petty it is. This whole "discussion" has devolved into toxic name calling that you speak of so its best we stay as far away from it.

As you can probably tell from the recent political "discussions" we've had lately, nobody really cares about respecting other people's opinions.

They just want to sound smart in a group of dumbasses and keep their opinions rattling around in their heads.

Maybe its better that way.

If there's anything I've learned about this whole Trump becoming president thing, its that you'd be a hell lot happier not ever knowing or caring about it.

PigParty 03-28-2017 08:37 PM

ignorance is bliss? nah

I voted for Trump and am as disappointed as I expected I'd be, but more disappointed than I had hoped I would be. Still wouldn't have voted for Hillary Clinton. Honestly though, I'm disappointed in Republicans & Democrats as much as I am with Trump. Our government's parties are going to collapse and it will be their own doing.

CM 03-28-2017 09:26 PM

I'm sorry but this thread is just a flame war waiting to happen

Colin Shmegg etc

PumaD 03-28-2017 10:04 PM

5hift, is that a bad attempt of trolling? I can't tell.. don't care - don't post.

While I don't read a lot about Trump and his current situation and didn't want him to be elected aswell, I dislike how's the media going up and down on him. Literally every third article I see is about Trump, full of negative comments and aspects. I would like to see him have a fair chance atleast, he was elected after all..

5hift 03-28-2017 10:17 PM

I will.

Have fun bull****ing each other.

Eugeen 03-28-2017 10:25 PM

I think 5hift made a pretty good point on how these threads normally play out

PigParty 03-28-2017 10:25 PM

Quote:

Posted by tzp (Post 774352)

Reminds me of someone I saw (no clue who) that said the right to Freedom of Speech also implies the obligation to listen. Otherwise your speech is pointless.

Listening sadly doesn't occur anymore with this polarization in government.

5hift 03-28-2017 10:29 PM

Quote:

Posted by PigParty (Post 774373)
Reminds me of someone I saw (no clue who) that said the right to Freedom of Speech also implies the obligation to listen. Otherwise your speech is pointless.

Listening sadly doesn't occur anymore with this polarization in government.

Yeah nobody ever really took that guy seriously.

*Screams internally*

Ryan 03-28-2017 10:40 PM

After the election, the left has become the more hostile and ignorant side

Aftermath 03-28-2017 10:46 PM

http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/at...d-23535328.jpg

John 03-28-2017 11:15 PM

Couldn't get healthcare bill to pass

Blames it on Democrats LOL

Sardon 03-28-2017 11:16 PM

Quote:

Posted by Ryan (Post 774377)
After the election, the left has become the more hostile and ignorant side

very true although Trump is a conman and in this case I agree with them.

I do not support the Trump administration I hope these 4 years aren't too damaging.

My main concern is the climate research which he isn't funding
Climate change is a real issue and anyone who is scientifically literate should be able to understand the fact that if we don't do anything the human race as we know it will cease to exist.

Around the end of our lifetimes the polar ice caps will melt completely which will cause sea levels to rise at a point where many cities will be underwater
(including my own)

Also he's full of sh1t on practically everything,He even tried to convince people it wasn't raining during his ignauguration speech while most people had umbrellas in the footage.