Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The right way to do things. (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20173)

Fire Surge 07-15-2013 10:04 PM

The right way to do things.

So as I am scrolling down my news feed on Facebook I see "GraalOnline Classic posted a question - should the swamp guild spar be moved into the battle arena". Surprisingly, to me, there were far more yes then no votes. I have no problem with this but to me this is what I see.

Swamp will have even less things to do, and will be more on the way to dead content.
Graal City will attract more players, become even laggier. Why add things to Graal City? I try to avoid it, due to the already present lag.

But that isn't the reason I'm posting this. We haven't seen real updates on a long time in classic. The last time we saw a new building was multiple months ago. When new shops do come out... overpriced. So, my idea is that if Swamp GS is moved, it will be replaced with a new shop... but not a **** shop where one item is 10,000 gralats. Said shop should have every item inside being sold for 1,000-3,000 gralats. Not too cheap, Not too expensive.

If other people support this, I will create all of the levels for this shop and email them to Classic.

Have fun :),
Surge

Dusty 07-16-2013 12:03 AM

How is what was done with Nexus not a real update?

Also I don't get where people say Classic is overpriced. Compared to iEra, Classic's prices are a walk in the park. And you know what? The server is being pressured because Era is pulling in more money than Classic because Era can get away with selling a single gun for 400,000 gralats. And in the end, that makes Era a pay2play server while you're never forced to pay a lot on Classic to compete. Yet here we are, with Unixmad wondering why Classic isn't getting the same sort of revenue as Era, yet players still whining that stuff is too expensive.

Ramone 07-16-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 387393)
How is what was done with Nexus not a real update?

Also I don't get where people say Classic is overpriced. Compared to iEra, Classic's prices are a walk in the park. And you know what? The server is being pressured because Era is pulling in more money than Classic because Era can get away with selling a single gun for 400,000 gralats. And in the end, that makes Era a pay2play server while you're never forced to pay a lot on Classic to compete. Yet here we are, with Unixmad wondering why Classic isn't getting the same sort of revenue as Era, yet players still whining that stuff is too expensive.

Thank you :D.

Aaron 07-16-2013 12:53 AM

yah,

/thread

twilit 07-16-2013 02:17 AM

Quote:

Posted by Fire Surge (Post 387367)
Swamp will have even less things to do, and will be more on the way to dead content.

nope.

Quote:

Graal City will attract more players, become even laggier.
nope.

Quote:

We haven't seen real updates on a long time in classic. The last time we saw a new building was multiple months ago. When new shops do come out... overpriced.
nope.

Giant blob boss and farming will always keep Swamptown active. The guild spar will be INSIDE battle arena; there wont be any more players in graal city than before. Nexus. a few hatz. Railroad will be done... sooner or later.

Dino 07-16-2013 03:51 AM

Save the walrus by not complaining...

Skill 07-16-2013 04:10 AM

I agree with OP that moving guild spar to Graal City is a bad idea, it's already overcrowded as is. Stuff should be spread out between cities/towns so that people actually have a reason to go to them.

iChronic 07-16-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 387393)
Also I don't get where people say Classic is overpriced. Compared to iEra, Classic's prices are a walk in the park.

Unlike classic, updates in era aren't artifices. They have updates that doesn't involve spending 50k gralats.

Ya sure, Classic's gift shop system for Christmas was great but can we have an update where people can enjoy without spending 20$? like d00de, that scarf quest was a big waste of time. We all got tricked into spending 3k on a bunny hat.

In contrast, era's Christmas update was far more enjoyable. Both free and paid to players benefited because it didn't require any in-apps purchases to be bought. Plus they had a ****ing sword. TWO ****ing swords AND an elf hat for free.

Admit it d00de. Most of Classic's updates are phony schemes to trick us into spending cash. When was the last update that benefited free players? by free players, i mean people who don't have customization.

edit:

Easter chicken doesn't count cause that **** was hard. Good update though. IMO, you d00dez have done a fair job but i just had to disagree when you said that classic is cheaper than era.

Btw in reply to your comment about 400k guns, they have guns at the starting price of 600gralats.... The starting price for 2p mounts is 30k. How is that cheaper d00de? they're not forcing their players to spend 30k...the 400k gun is only an option.

Dusty 07-16-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Posted by iChronic (Post 387744)
Unlike classic, updates in era aren't artifices. They have updates that doesn't involve spending 50k gralats.

Sorry, but the goal here is actually to make money. I know it's hard to hear but under it all there needs to be an incentive to spend money. No one is forcing you to buy a hat, or buy furniture or buy presents, but that's the goal. Things like bug catching and such are all able to be done with relatively little investment.

Quote:

Posted by iChronic (Post 387744)
edit:
Easter chicken doesn't count cause that **** was hard. Good update though. IMO, you d00dez have done a fair job but i just had to disagree when you said that classic is cheaper than era.

Btw in reply to your comment about 400k guns, they have guns at the starting price of 600gralats.... The starting price for 2p mounts is 30k. How is that cheaper d00de? they're not forcing their players to spend 30k...the 400k gun is only an option.

How is a 2-player mount in ANY way comparible to the starting gun? Haha...
2-player mounts are an accessory. They are not needed at all for gameplay and are mostly for players who want to spend that kind of money to be cooler than other players.

On Classic you start out with a sword, bomb and bow. Everything you need to play competitively. You can now refill ammo for free via cutting bushes and such as well. You don't have to repair anything, you don't have to pay for better guns/ammo to keep up with what other players have. You don't have to pay for more health or armor or anything... You are on a level playing field with all other players.

The fact of the matter the most expensive thing you could apparently find on Classic is an optional 2-player mount that really doesn't effect gameplay much. You can tell me it's more expensive to play Classic when you have to pay 500,000 for a level 2 sword that you need to repair every day.

iChronic 07-16-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 387755)
Sorry, but the goal here is actually to make money. I know it's hard to hear but under it all there needs to be an incentive to spend money. No one is forcing you to buy a hat, or buy furniture or buy presents, but that's the goal. Things like bug catching and such are all able to be done with relatively little investment.

d00de, you said that era was a pay2play server. I was just opposing your statement by saying that every update in classic is a money making scheme which makes it relatively similar to era.

Dusty 07-16-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Posted by iChronic (Post 387770)
d00de, you said that era was a pay2play server. I was just opposing your statement by saying that every update in classic is a money making scheme which makes it relatively similar to era.

Pay2play implies that while the game is free you need to pay to stay competitive. Pay2pay might not definitely be exactly what Era is but it's definitely way more expensive to be competitive on Era than it is on Classic(you don't have to pay at all to PK/spar on Classic). Almost all cost in Classic is from a cosmetic standpoint, which means you don't have to pay to play Classic... just to dress up.

iChronic 07-16-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 387755)
You can tell me it's more expensive to play Classic when you have to pay 500,000 for a level 2 sword that you need to repair every day.

FYI, they provide more than just starter guns. They allow free players to wear hats.

k d00de this is my logic:

Starting price of 2p mounts:

starting price of guns:

600g

I know 2p mount is optional but wtf d00de 30k? A regular player in era can buy a whole arsenal of bombs, arrows, guns and a ferari with that sh*t.

Dusty 07-16-2013 11:23 PM

Again, a 2-player mount is in no way comparable to competitive items/weapons. Even if it costs a lot, it's just an item for players to show off. In the end though, nice 100k weapon you have at the end of that list.

-Albus 07-16-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Posted by iChronic (Post 387784)
FYI, they provide more than just starter guns. They allow free players to wear hats.

k d00de this is my logic:

Starting price of 2p mounts:

starting price of guns:

600g

I know 2p mount is optional but wtf d00de 30k? A regular player in era can buy a whole arsenal of bombs, arrows, guns and a ferari with that sh*t.

So you're saying I can download Era and with the starter equipment be on a level playing field as someone who has spent money on the game? Because the point Dusty is making is that nearly everything you buy on Classic is to play dress up or show off. The stuff you buy on Era makes you stronger than other players, and will give you an advantage over someone who doesn't spend money on the game.

GOAT 07-17-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Posted by -Albus (Post 387815)
So you're saying I can download Era and with the starter equipment be on a level playing field as someone who has spent money on the game?

only if your name is GOAT