Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Zone (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Zone is dead (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27612)

Tizy 02-16-2015 08:27 PM

Zone is dead

Basically no one plays it, the staff is terrible, and it's kinda boring

Josh-Kun 02-16-2015 08:28 PM

No ****.

Ghettoicedtea 02-16-2015 08:42 PM

dis ***** this game dead. Its not anywhere near dead.

MrSimons 02-16-2015 09:21 PM

Maybe instead of posting a one sentence complaint that contributes nothing to the community, you could actually try to say something that means anything. Who are you even complaining to? Did you even think about that, or anything else you said?

To start off, "no one plays it", is incorrect. The playercount has been rising at a slow but consistent pace for awhile now, with the max playercount is above 1k.

As for the current playercount, it averages around 450 - 500
http://gyazo.com/722453927c809d3f0f7e5efe0c3bb172.png
taken at 3:50 PM MST Monday January 16th 2015
To me that number is just fine and has never caused me problems when playing, there are plenty people online, but not so many that the server is overcrowded.
So realistically, no, the server isn't "dead".

As for staff being terrible, maybe you want to elaborate? Is there any particular department you think is lazy or have witnessed being abusive, or individual staff members. Because saying "the staff are terrible" doesn't help anyone and nothing can be done to help you if you just say that.

If you think the staff are just bad in general I'd love to see some suggestions on how to fix the entire team up with more capable people.

Same goes with the server being boring, I have no idea what you think is fun, or what the hell you want from the server because you haven't contributed anything to discuss.

GOAT 02-16-2015 10:58 PM

man I miss these threads in the classic section.

Cookie Xanadu 02-16-2015 11:12 PM

Quote:

Posted by MrSimons (Post 541828)
As for staff being terrible, maybe you want to elaborate? Is there any particular department you think is lazy or have witnessed being abusive, or individual staff members. Because saying "the staff are terrible" doesn't help anyone and nothing can be done to help you if you just say that.

If you think the staff are just bad in general I'd love to see some suggestions on how to fix the entire team up with more capable people.

In my opinion, no lasting content is put out. It's just hats, joke weapons, the occasional linear PvP base with 3 or rooms and the dreadfull overworld layout. Not to mention that you guys don't even have a dedicated gun admin anymore or anyone even really paying attention to PvP in general as it's just thrust upon general developers now.

1. Take your time, get organized and release MEATY content. You know, things such as missions, new planets, etc. that last. Do NOT throw in a turkey leg or a spoopy skeleton arm as a weapon and call it content. A big suggestion is to lay off all of the celebrations, hat making and furniture creation for every holiday that comes up and instead focus on major content for the next year so that you can get something out, then you can goof off a little while still focusing.

2. PvP in general is being too focused on squads. Squads are trash and I understand they're a big source of revenue, but what about those that just want to kill everything they see or have randomized teams that have to go after an objective?

3. Remove kebab and skybases, as well as shrinking the main GMap so that people have more incentive to explore and visit other things. This could also tie in with new planets and such; PvP planets that are NOT about taking a base for a squad, but instead have randomized teams vying for like a power cell or some ****.

IV. Can't stress this enough, but get a god damn gun admin and if needed, a "Combat" admin; someone who looks at combat+PvP and works with the gun admin so that they bring focus to and fix up that aspect of the game, making it much more enjoyable, while the developers who code can do their jobs and not have to worry about it.

5. Enough with all of the damn joke weapons, hats and furniture shops. Infact, just stop making items for every holiday you can think of. It's rather sad to see how so much focus is put on preparation for these holidays when it should be towards more major and lasting content.

6. With Stefan gone, from what I remember, Tashkin is able to actually modify classes now, which means classes should actually be changed up so that they have bonuses and drawbacks, as well as unique weapons. This would also include removing those dreadful medic+turret bots and instead giving medic a heal that has a cooldown of X seconds and they have to be able to touch the player to use it. Removal of AoE healing rods would also be a major balancing plus.

tl;dr: Get organized, stop spending 60% of your time on every holiday that comes up (which means enough with that hats, joke weapons and furniture releases) and put it into major content. Also need to hire people specifically for combat and PvP so that general devs can focus on something else and keep it from being a snorefest. Make classes worthwhile with perks AND cons.

PumaD 02-16-2015 11:22 PM

Quote:

stop replying to these threads

MrSimons 02-17-2015 12:43 AM

Quote:

Posted by Cookie Xanadu (Post 541863)

I was replying to op.

Khai 02-17-2015 01:46 AM

Your definition of no one is 200-500 players <3

kenthefruit 02-17-2015 03:23 AM

Just stop replying to these threads, you dont need to prove your point.

Ryan 02-17-2015 04:21 AM

yes because having 100's of players is dead. The majority of Graal's games don't even pass 1000 players

XSTARX 02-17-2015 04:49 AM

What's the point of making a complain report if nothing is ever done?

Wolfie 02-17-2015 05:37 AM

I heard Zone's management is terrible, and Tashkin managing both iZone and iKingdoms.

Platinum 02-17-2015 09:06 AM

Quote:

Stuff a lot of staff members say.

It's all very well to say, "Instead of complaining, contribute!", but there is no way for anyone to contribute except for sending in poorly done hats or weapons that literally nobody cares about.

EDIT: Read the post properly. There've been so many ideas suggested but I haven't seen any of them implemented.

G Fatal 02-17-2015 09:21 AM

Lets face it zone will never be what you really want. neither will other servers.