Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic FAQs and Guides (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   How to become a richer Graalian (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12311)

Blueh 11-27-2012 08:18 PM

How to become a richer Graalian

Now before we begin your financial journey to becoming the next Bill Gates. I'd like to first go over the basics of currency on Graal. A gralat is used for money on this game. The color of the gralat, depicts the value and price of the gralat. Here is the basic color scheme of gralat value:

Green - 1 gralat
Blue - 5 gralats
Red - 30 gralats
Gold - 100 gralats
Purple - 500 gralats
Black - 1000 gralats
Teal - 2500 gralats
Rainbow - 10000 gralats

Gralats are used to purchase things on Graal such as bombs, arrows, hats, furniture, animations, pets/morphs, and a monthly VIP subscription. Gralats can be earned a few ways such as:

Inapp purchase: Probably the most easiest, common and quickest way to earn gralats in the game. By using an Inapp purchase, or gralat packs as they are called, the amount of gralats you paid for enters your account immediately. Gralat packs are purchased using real currency from the real world and depending on the one you purchase determines the amount recieved.

Farming: Another very common tactic used by those in need of money. Farming can be done within homes or in the open overworld on any bush or patch of grass. Within homes, you are able to lock your gralats and prevent those from stealing by simply double tapping on the gralat to lock it from others. Outside, gralats cannot be locked and may be easily stolen by those around you. Overworld farming is very dangerous and makes you a high risk target for theft. While farming, you may use your bombs, swords or horses to add value to the gralat. The more effort and resources used on the gralats, the higher the value and color will increase. Farming can be a long, tedious process but is best done in a house or guild house with trusted friends. If you have both a house and guild house, keep farms in both so you can farm on your own at your house and in groups in your guild house. Make farming arrangements regularly with friends to help boost gralat value and make farming an easier task. Be warned; however, while farming in a house that is not your own you have no control over the gralats inside. Therefore, your own house or guild house is the safest place to farm.

Bug Catching: Currently unavailable while this thread has been posted or in any winter month. Bug catching can be done by first receiving a bug net in MoD town. Normally, bugs can be found anywhere in other seasons and can be found in a variety of different places. In Swamptown, the library contains a description and picture of each bug that can be found on graal and where they are most likely to appear. To catch bugs, you must have precise precession and make a swift catch in order to catch the bug. Once you have collected a satisfactory amount of bugs, head on over to the Swamptown Witch Hut where you can sell your bugs. Every day, the Swamp witch is looking for a specific bug and will pay a higher amount for it than she usually will. Use this to your advantage to learn which bugs you should sell on what day, while you at the same time collect other ones for later days. The best way to obtain the most gralats from bug catching is to stock pile on each bug as much as you can before selling them on the day the witch needs them the most.

Pyrat Bay Daily Quest: A simple quest that can be done every 24 hoursin Yorkton. What you must do is kill the Pyrat baddies that have a chance of dropping an eyepatch. Collect their eyepatches until you have 75 of them so you may exchange them for 1000 gralats for that day. Once you have done that, you can no longer do it until the 24 hours is up. The best way to do this is to pick a time of day where you can conviently use it only for Pyrat questing. It also helps if it is an hour when not many people are on to Pyrat quest. From here, complete the quest at the same time each day and by the end of the week you would have earned 7000 gralats. The best way to Pyrat quest is to use your horse while in a crowd of Pyrats so that you can quickly and easily gain multiple eyepatches at the same time.

Baddies and other Enemies: Killing any hostile creature on this game gives a chance for them to drop a green or blue gralat. There isn't much to go over other than that since it is the most ineffective way of earning money. However the best way to use this technique is to find an area where you can easily kill multiple enemies.

The key to earning lots of gralats, is to save your gralats. You never know when the news may update with something you have no money to purchase. During time periods when nothing of interest is for sale, a great thing to do is to start stocking up on gralats. Always, always, always have gralats ready for use. To your full extent, avoid buying items that are not limited to the season unless you have a substantial amount of gralats way over the price you need. An easy way to go bankrupt fast is to use them for one thing, buy it then have nothing left after. You should always have at least a minimum of 25k gralats on you at all times. By doing this, you will always be prepared for a random update or a planned time period where you know you may want to by something. Spend wisely my friends. Other than that, I have nothing else to offer you than the best of luck with your fortune. Hope this guide helped!

Maxy 11-27-2012 08:19 PM

I praise you on this, even though your American.

We won the war

Blueh 11-27-2012 11:29 PM

(More tips)

Another good way to save money is to be very frugal with your earnings. Custom heads and bodies can be refunded quickly and easily for full price within the first hour of uploading. Any later, you only receive half. I recommend coming to a hasteful decision as soon as possible. Because when the sooner you decide to refund, the better, and the more time you have to correct the head.

For furniture and homes you should sell as little furniture as possible. By selling your furniture you're actually losing more money than gaining it. If you have both a house and guild house use this to your advantage by having your house as storage to prevent wasting your furniture and to also accumulate more wealth with a house farm. This is also a very great way to keep all your exotic limited edition furniture and put everything to use. Unless you truly do not need the furniture item at all, I strongly advise you to keep all of your earnings. Who knows? You may find a use for it when you decide to redecorate.

Other items and hats should only be purchased if you are absolutely sure you I'll use and wear them. There's a hat preview function for a reason, use it. Also try to avoid spending on recolors and similar hats unless you are positively sure you will wear them. Same for items. Do you really need so many kinds of juggles and pogos?

Never, ever, ever. buy bombs and arrows when you can easily kill baddies for free. The only reason you should need to buy them is for towering or PKing. Never farming or anything else. Because if you farm constantly while buying bombs you'll learn that 90 bombs costs about 90 gralats and with the speed it takes for gralats to grow, you're losing out on more money than you think. House Vendors should only be used for PKing and towering so that you and your guild can easily stock up on ammution quickly instead of wasting time on Baddies. For a farmer trying to earn money; however, you should spend the least amount of money as you can.

callimuc 11-27-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Posted by Blueh (Post 242507)
For furniture and homes you should sell as little furniture as possible. By selling your furniture you're actually losing more money than gaining it.

D'awww i remember the times in which i would have contradicted this comment. i loved that furniture glitching times, where you have been able to copy every furniture in your inventory once again (you always boosted the ammount x2).

well right now there is only a hack i know which would make it possible to dublicate furnitures. well in the end you have to sell it in case to optain the money :P

MrSimons 11-28-2012 01:25 AM

Quote:

Posted by Blueh (Post 242507)
(More tips)
Never, ever, ever. buy bombs and arrows when you can easily kill baddies for free. The only reason you should need to buy them is for towering or PKing. Never farming or anything else. Because if you farm constantly while buying bombs you'll learn that 90 bombs costs about 90 gralats and with the speed it takes for gralats to grow, you're losing out on more money than you think. House Vendors should only be used for PKing and towering so that you and your guild can easily stock up on ammution quickly instead of wasting time on Baddies. For a farmer trying to earn money; however, you should spend the least amount of money as you can.

A little tip for buying bombs is the Grotto, bombs cost 10 gralats there and you will only be spending 30 gralats on bombs instead of 90.

twilit 11-28-2012 04:01 AM

How i make money daily:
-do pyrat quest
-do pyrat quest on noob account
-farm using bombs on both accounts
-eh catch/sell bugs now&then.
-ALWAYS kill noob farmers you pass by to steal their gralats.

*I like to keep at least 100,000g in my wallet, i try not to let my wallet go below 100000, this is emergency money.
*Money in wallet above 100,000: this is my spending money
*Money on noob account: (from pyrat quest on noob acc) this money im saving to buy christmas gifts for friends; also for other holiday stuff.
*Money in farm: this is for my guild house furniture:)

Bubba De Orc 11-28-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Posted by twilit (Post 242643)
How i make money daily:
-do pyrat quest

*I like to keep at least 100,000g in my wallet, i try not to let my wallet go below 100000, this is emergency money.
*Money on noob account: (from pyrat quest on noob acc) this money im saving to buy christmas gifts for friends; also for other holiday stuff.

Whats the point of spending 15 minutes to do pyrat quest on your noob account?

Kiko 11-28-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Posted by Maxy (Post 242347)
I praise you on this, even though your American.

The irony.
you're*.

Blueh 11-28-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Posted by twilit (Post 242643)
How i make money daily:
-do pyrat quest

That's not a bad idea lol. While I'm not for account merging, using a noob account for gifts is pretty smart. I might do that since I'm a little low on funds this season with about 57k give or take >.< I need more. MUCH more for emergency funding and holiday shopping now that bug catching is unavailable and my farms are on a group reserve. At least I'm getting the biggest cut lol.

100k? Geez way to make me feel poor. My budget limit is about the 50k mark and as you can see, I'm not doing so well. That and my VIP subscription is going to charge me in a few days so I want to try to have 15k more before it does. Damn economy making graal life difficult >.<

Pimpsy G. 11-28-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Posted by Kiko (Post 242812)
The irony.
you're*.

This is perfect. +rep. 'Murica: 1. You're-a-Peein's: O

MrSimons 11-29-2012 01:19 AM

You guys make me feel like a bum, I consider 20k rich...

Strap 11-29-2012 01:36 AM

FanTASTIC guide!

Admiral 11-29-2012 07:17 PM

Sorry, im a real noob at understanding this, you can earn 2k gralats a day by farming on both your main and noob account, then transferring the money from your noob account over to your main?

Doesnt that wipe your stats though if your transferring stats? >.<

Blueh 11-29-2012 09:32 PM

(Farming Efficiency tips)

Now obviously every now and then you'll be extremely tempted to take the gralats from your farm and go out and spend them. But how much exactly should you spend? First, you should buy a select amount of flowers from a furniture shop. I recommend the cheap ones at Belle Garden. Arrange the flowers on your grass in a checker pattern so that one blotch is covered with flowers, and the other is bare. Work on obtaining gralats on all patches so there is no gralatless patch of flowered grass or regular grass left. Lock all of the gralats then continue farming. Whenever you feel the need to collect money, unlock the gralats on the grass while keeping the ones that are on the flowers locked. This way, you are still spending the money you've earned but by keeping half of it to continue growing. Over time when the grass blotches regrow and you feel the need to start spending again, collect the gralats on the flowers and leave the ones on the grass to grow. By doing this you've earned a formidable amount of money from your farm without wasting it all. Keep the cycle going, get friends involved too! You can also use this same tactic to divide farms up between helpers by assigning each person to a flower color then arranging the flowers over the farm to divide as equally as possible between farmers. Now no one will bicker on who should receive the highest amount because they already have their cut reserved for them.

I'll add any more tips that come to mind. Good luck farmers!

Godoco 11-30-2012 12:26 AM

Great ideas and tactics!c +rep!