Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Era FAQs and Guides (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   iEra Sparring (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3020)

Vince Gohshuks 12-30-2011 12:21 AM

iEra Sparring

I am making this guide for the fun of it and to retain some knowledge of the subject I already have as writing something allows you to remember it x% better than w.e. and all that jazz. Saying that, this guide might not truly affect/help you at all or may just be old news/knowledge to you.

General Knowledge
-----------
-Sparring is a form of fighting that is taken place in a small square arena. Two players generally compete against eachother in the form of fighting in order to reduce one another's HP to zero. When that happens a victor is declared. Wins and losses will be allocated to a player's status accordingly.*
*There has been an update adding practice spars to the complex. These practice spars do not add wins or losses to a players spar score so are pretty useful to those conscious about ruining their ratio.
-Although sparring doesn't yield any real rewards there is a small playerbase that enjoys to spar as sparring is an effective way to practice basing/fighting in general or just for the heck of it. Sparring is a great way to work on and form new techniques as well.
-iEra is a iphone game based off of the Graal Online playerworld Era PC (Al Capone Era).
-Though iEra is based off of Era PC it is VERY loosely based off it most apparent in the form of movement speed.
-The movement speed in iEra is about .2-.3 less than the speed on Era PC making completely different fighting styles than what are seen on Era PC

Now we are past all that crap so you might have wanted to skip that if you didn't really need to know any General Knowledge, but I guess I am a little late in saying that.
The rest of this 'Guide' will tell you of various way of combat in Era that I feel are effective in fighting.

Styles
---------
Laming/Walling: Traps someone into a corner and shoots a wall of unavoidable bullets.
Spamming: Shooting an unavoidable wall of bullets usually with an automatic weapon.
Pressure: Attempting to push your opponent away by the fear of being shot.
Rushing: Having no regard in safety and running into bullets in attempt to hit the enemy no matter what.
Weaving: Finding holes in the shots of an enemy to go through and dodge their bullets
Bottom Hugging: Constantly staying on the bottom due to shoot advantage in an attempt to trap the enemy
Juking: Tricking an opponent to shoot one way to find an oppurtunity to move past them in the middle of their guns freeze. Doesn't work as well with people with good reactions and or low freeze weapons.
Cornering: Trapping your opponent in in one of the four corners of the arena by closing off both escape routes with bullets.
Reload: Calculating how many shots a player has made in attempt to wait for their reload to shoot them or get past them.(This one is hard to pull off as you have to be VERY good at multitasking.)
Alternating: Shooting both directions in a somewhat defined rhythm in order to limit or trap ones movements.
Random: Running in small circles or making pretty jittery unassumingly controlled movements in order to throw off or trick your opponent.
Reflex: Isn't really a style but having this gives a huge advantage towards those trying to juke past you or weave through shots.
Pause: Stopping in the middle of a complex movement may throw an opponent off who has their tactic ingrained to their head.
Circling: Running in circles around an opponent while shooting bullets. Only usually works with a gun with a low freeze against a person with horrible reflexes.

---------

-On top of developing a style of sparring you are comfortable with it is key to also become comfortable with sparring. Maintaining a high level of concentration and focus is essential as any distractions may leave you with a few extra bullet wounds. Also find a good way to hold your device so your hand doesn't cramp up. You want to be able to spend your time formulating a strategy to defeat your opponent not how to combat your compromised position. Keep your cool as well. Don't let your anger get to you as it will most likely scre you over. If something doesn't work the first time it most likely won't work the next time. Rushing straight into fire will often do more bad than good. Using your head is key in sparring. If a person has a tendency to do a specific movement, it will be much easier to counter it if you pay attention. Switching between moves also helps as a person will most likely set up a defense towards something you did beforehand. Be sure to accept the advice of others as well. Don't be stubborn and stick to a tired old routine as some times people have good things to say.

-------

I say this to many people, "If you take the time to figure out why you lost instead of making excuses or complaining, you are already on the road to winning."

DMG 12-30-2011 12:42 AM

The best style is called the "Duke" style.

Fuzz 12-30-2011 12:50 AM

Quote:

Posted by DMG (Post 49801)

Is that the lag style? ;)

DMG 12-30-2011 01:04 AM

Nope its where i flawless you.

HomoPanda 12-30-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Posted by DMG (Post 49810)
Nope its where i flawless you.

I flaw u w/ flower

Koolaid 12-30-2011 10:20 PM

All of them said if I didnt lag i'd be pro.

FearBane 12-30-2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Posted by DMG (Post 49801)

That's the best style there is but I can't master it :3 lol

XENA* 01-03-2012 01:30 PM

Great guide man! You just forgot the 'don't care' guys that let themselves loose ;)

Dragu 01-04-2012 12:17 AM

Walling someone is pretty hard if he allready started to wall you lol :3
But nice guide, i still need alot of training though

BabyGhost 01-12-2012 01:21 AM

Add this new style in. I don't highly recommend this though.

Circling

By taking advantage of your weapon's low freeze rate, you rush directly towards your opponent and shoot them while being in an extremely close range and circling around them or mixing up your movements to confuse the opponent. Movements include running though them(doesn't work in all areas), circling around them, alternating clockwise motion.

Handgun would be the best example for this.

Cloyd 01-13-2012 06:40 PM

C-Styling.

Dragu 01-13-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Posted by Cloyd (Post 56367)
C-Styling.

Flying.
LikeABAWWWSSSSS

BabyGhost 01-14-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Posted by Cloyd (Post 56367)
C-Styling.

I was waiting for a better name than mine.

Vince Gohshuks 01-19-2012 04:01 AM

Updated the guide. Would be awesome if someone would teach me how to make things bold, underline, change font, etc. to make the guide pop. Thanks

BEH0LD iTz SAM 01-19-2012 08:45 PM

Theres a B button on the above where your typing next to theLetterColor changer.