Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technology (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   iPhone 7 Announced Officially (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36881)

PumaD 09-10-2016 07:51 PM

Quote:

Posted by Santa Claus (Post 732154)
I mean what do you think? They are small. Do you not understand how batteries work? They don't have big ass battery packs in them. They are pretty much a bit bigger than the regular EarPods.

Did you expect them to have 10 hour used? You must not like how Bluetooth and batteries work. The fact that it only takes 15 mins to charge and can last 3 hours is crazy good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow. I think after every post of yours, one brain cell of yours died. Would explain a lot of ****.

5hift 09-10-2016 08:56 PM

Quote:

Posted by Caferino (Post 732185)
I dont get the apple haters making a big deal about the jack thing when Motorola did it since months ago and no hate was shown to it. If you can't live without headphones on, and you want them with a wire, go get an iPhone 6s

The only difference is nobody gives a **** about Motorola.

Dusty 09-10-2016 09:02 PM

Quote:

Posted by PigParty (Post 732187)
Apple controls half (or more?) of the market essentially. Motorola is no where near that. It's a huge difference. Many people have iPhones so they have every right to criticize the direction the comapny is going. No hate was shown for Motorola because no one buys a motorola.

It's not only about more market = more people care, it's that Apple has the ability to actually influence standards. No one cares if Motorola doesn't have a jack, and thus they will hurt no one but themselves. But if Apple gets away with not having a jack successfully, it means others may follow in their footsteps.

Santa Claus 09-10-2016 09:10 PM

Quote:

Posted by PumaD (Post 732194)
wow. I think after every post of yours, one brain cell of yours died. Would explain a lot of ****.

Please explain.

Lambda 09-10-2016 09:29 PM

“The 3.5mm jack is too thick, it's holding back progress!”

Ok, no one really wants a thinner phone, but I gu-

“We removed the 3.5mm jack.”

Is the phone thinner?

“No.”

So now how do I listen to music?

“You can buy our set of $160 earbuds that you'll need to recharge daily and that sound worse than $20 Xiaomi Pistons.”

That's it?!

“No, you can also use our adapter with a crappy DAC.”

That's bulkier, wasn't the whole purpose of this to reduce size constraints?

“No, the purpose was to make money”

Did you add anything at all?

“You now have 2 camera bulges instead of 1 and also you now have gimmicks on your home button.”

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

James205 09-12-2016 12:10 AM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 732202)
It's not only about more market = more people care, it's that Apple has the ability to actually influence standards. No one cares if Motorola doesn't have a jack, and thus they will hurt no one but themselves. But if Apple gets away with not having a jack successfully, it means others may follow in their footsteps.

big word is may and they need to be careful because people could eventually stop following their steps. The one good thing about apple is they have the ability to push technology forward faster than any other company but I have also noticed that ability seems to be slowing down in the past few years.

I don't agree with getting rid of the headphone jack right now, I feel they could have introduced their wireless technology which would give the ability for more options to be released before they ultimately removed the headphone jack completely (like a step by step process which has worked previously but this is a 'feature' no one was really asking for yet). I really don't consider this to be a feature and as of right now it truly is more of a hassle to use wireless headphones vs wired especially with the limiting factors of battery technology at a standstill with no improvements in a very long time.

Sardon 09-12-2016 03:15 AM

Quote:

Posted by PigParty (Post 732187)
Apple controls half (or more?) of the market essentially. Motorola is no where near that. It's a huge difference. Many people have iPhones so they have every right to criticize the direction the comapny is going. No hate was shown for Motorola because no one buys a motorola.

whats a motorola

PumaD 09-12-2016 11:37 AM

Quote:

Posted by Santa Claus (Post 732203)
Please explain.

Not worth the time.

Santa Claus 09-12-2016 01:56 PM

Quote:

Posted by PumaD (Post 732506)
Not worth the time.

K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twilit 09-12-2016 04:59 PM

http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/u...the-iPhone.jpg

TeK 09-12-2016 05:42 PM

Who the **** thought forcing buyers to use wireless headphones, instead of giving them the option to use wired or wireless, was a good idea?

fp4 09-12-2016 05:55 PM

the phone has two speakers now not sure why you losers need headphones still

Santa Claus 09-12-2016 08:01 PM

Quote:

Posted by fp4 (Post 732556)
the phone has two speakers now not sure why you losers need headphones still

Because I don't want anyone to know I listen to Justin Bieber

But I like the idea of forcing it. We live in the new era. We mostly use wireless computers laptops and phones aren't on lines. We need to move on from wired headphones and go into wireless Bluetooth headsets.

PigParty 09-12-2016 09:13 PM

Quote:

Posted by Santa Claus (Post 732587)
Because I don't want anyone to know I listen to Justin Bieber

But I like the idea of forcing it. We live in the new era. We mostly use wireless computers laptops and phones aren't on lines. We need to move on from wired headphones and go into wireless Bluetooth headsets.

except that phones are already expensive as hell, along with the service that goes along with it. Not everyone can afford, or wants to pay for headphones that are 8x the price of headphones we have now. I like the idea of allowing them, but not pressuring/borderline forcing people to use it.

5hift 09-12-2016 09:18 PM

Quote:

Posted by Santa Claus (Post 732587)

Lol so pretty much everyone who has wired headphones should just buy wireless because **** you we're special?

That's not how evolution works.

If they kept the headphone jack but still released Air Pods I bet people would buy the **** outta it.