Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Era (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Resignation (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35955)

Reno 06-08-2016 03:18 PM

Resignation

Reno Dorvay (Player Relations Admin) from 2011-2016

It is with a heavy heart that I'm announcing here that I've left the Era staff team.

I was officially made a part of the Era team in August 2011.

I was promoted to PRA a while after, and I've served in that roll ever since.

During my years on Era I saw staff come and go, and I made lots of friends.

Being a part of the staff team isn't easy, and you have to work with people who you will disagree with and that will inevitably cause arguments and stress.

The stress was too much, I've had too many arguments over the years and disagreed with too many decisions, and I decided I don't need to handle this anymore.

I know people usually do thank-yous but there are too many people to thank, so I'll just thank the players for making me laugh, and just being cool (if not a bit cheeky).

Helping the community was one of the great pleasures in my life and I'll miss it.

You might see me on iOS cappin' bases or something because Graal's like heroin and it's hard to quit 100%

PumaD 06-08-2016 03:37 PM

You.. quitting? Welp.. maybe I'll be back to iEra sooner as I thought!

Jokes aside, after R, Lava and Snake left Era iPhone, you and Vendhin were the only guys I could have fun with. Sad to see you go now aswell.. atleast your better half stays there forever. ;/

You were one of the only PRAs/staff to understand whenever I wanted to have something added and whenever I disagreed with something, you were most likely the only one to understand and agree with me. Hope you do as good as you did on Era iPhone at whatever you're looking forward to now.

Khai 06-08-2016 06:19 PM

Quote:

Posted by PumaD (Post 712382)
You.. quitting? Welp.. maybe I'll be back to iEra sooner as I thought!

Jokes aside, after R, Lava and Snake left Era iPhone, you and Vendhin were the only guys I could have fun with. Sad to see you go now aswell.. atleast your better half stays there forever. ;/

You were one of the only PRAs/staff to understand whenever I wanted to have something added and whenever I disagreed with something, you were most likely the only one to understand and agree with me. Hope you do as good as you did on Era iPhone at whatever you're looking forward to now.

I saw Snake on a couple weeks ago, was teaching me how to host hunted 0.0

Illusions 06-08-2016 06:54 PM

Good things I quit. Without Reno, 40% of Era is gone lol.

PumaD 06-08-2016 09:26 PM

Quote:

Posted by ViyGeek (Post 712415)
I saw Snake on a couple weeks ago, was teaching me how to host hunted 0.0

Really? That'd be awesome. I haven't been on that game or in touch with them people for a good 2 years sadly.

G Fatal 06-08-2016 09:31 PM

Player relations admin O_O so basically a player that can tell you stuff.. with the additional goldname?

Elk 06-08-2016 09:33 PM

hope you feel better now :) you did a great job, you were one of my favorite colleagues

that aside...snk quit? wait wut?

PumaD 06-08-2016 09:41 PM

Quote:

Posted by Elk (Post 712480)

Not Andy.. that other Snake guy.

Clown 06-08-2016 09:42 PM

Quote:

Posted by Elk (Post 712480)
hope you feel better now :) you did a great job, you were one of my favorite colleagues

snake =! snk (Andrew)

PigParty 06-08-2016 10:03 PM

Quote:

Posted by G Fatal (Post 712478)
Player relations admin O_O so basically a player that can tell you stuff.. with the additional goldname?

PRA is like ZPA on Zone. PR is the GP position for Era.

As for Reno; thanks for hiring me after my incident on Zone. Sorry I didn't end up being a worthwhile staff member. Era just wasn't the right fit for me, but I thank you for taking the chance on me. It showed you actually cared about your team and Era, which is something I haven't seen from any department leader in my Graal experience.

Anero 06-08-2016 10:04 PM

Quote:

Posted by PumaD (Post 712382)
Snake left Era iPhone

Snake Rekon logs pretty much every day - he's back.

PumaD 06-08-2016 10:16 PM

Quote:

Posted by Anero (Post 712497)
Snake Rekon logs pretty much every day - he's back.

As said, haven't been there for a good two years, I wouldn't know. Thanks anyways.

Kane 06-08-2016 10:38 PM

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...raal/frown.gif <3

Vendhin 06-09-2016 10:29 AM

There's too much petty game of thrones style rubbish going on.
Exact same reason i left. People care more about their own opinions being right and their own power than actually helping the server.

It goes right to the top now - believe me when i say it's not a friendly environment. It used to be a community and it was nice and homelike.

Now it's data crunching and spreadsheets and you BETTER be meeting your goddamn targets. Unreasonable expectations, backstabbing and i hesitate to say borderline sociopaths rule the management now and it's just sad :(

At least we don't have to deal with all that rubbish now, but it's still sad. I wish it had turned out differently

Reno 06-09-2016 10:31 AM

Quote:

Posted by Vendhin (Post 712645)
There's too much petty game of thrones style rubbish going on.
Exact same reason i left. People care more about their own opinions being right and their own power than actually helping the server.

It goes right to the top now - believe me when i say it's not a friendly environment. It used to be a community and it was nice and homelike.

Now it's data crunching and spreadsheets and you BETTER be meeting your goddamn targets. Unreasonable expectations, backstabbing and i hesitate to say borderline sociopaths rule the management now and it's just sad :(

At least we don't have to deal with all that rubbish now, but it's still sad. I wish it had turned out differently

https://media.giphy.com/media/J5jmQF8IwNS6Y/giphy.gif

Inb4 post gets deleted lol