Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Seasonal Towering Hats (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41795)

Heeble 01-09-2020 07:49 PM

Seasonal Towering Hats

So we don't have 1ks back but this season the top towering guild will get a hat. Too bad this has been implemented halfway into the current season. If anyone actually cared enough to check the leaderboards you'd see how hard that would be to catch up lol.

I appreciate giving a reason for people to tower. It would be great if this isn't the be the only season they'll be around. I'd love to participate next season.

Congrats to Aguila on winning the first hat.

We should be allowed to submit our own hats. Whoever made the current hat is just stereotyping with minimal effort. I find it incredibly insulting.

Flix 01-09-2020 08:13 PM

When was this announced?

Heeble 01-09-2020 09:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 28249

You guys expect anyone other than Aguila to beat this? This far into the season? Like I said I appreciate the thought but this... This is as much of a joke as the anti-boost system. Try thinking about these things before you implement them. This is not at all fair. (Keep in mind, I don't even want the hat. This is just flat out wrong.)

XBanished 01-09-2020 09:22 PM

Quote:

Posted by Heeble (Post 829481)

For someone who doesn't tower this is nuts lmao. Such an unfair disadvantage for anyone who wants the hat. I'd think a reset for the entire season to allow everyone a chance.

Green 01-09-2020 09:44 PM

Yeah that's super unfair. Also I don't like the idea of not being able to create our own hats and being stuck with something we'll potentially dislike. Old 1k hats had so much creativity and effort put in to them. They were made EXACTLY how the guilds wanted them and I'm being honest here, if the hat I saw in a picture I was linked is the hat they are getting, then I feel sorry for them.

I also want to know how the hats are handled. Does the whole guild get them? Does the leader choose? If so then that'll just bring about the same problems. Guild leaders will kick the randoms who put in the actual effort and recruit their friends for a free hat. I think only the players who contribute the most to getting the top spot deserve the hats.

Heeble 01-09-2020 09:58 PM

We have no way to determine who puts in more effort because all these guilds just noob recruit. None of the guilds who will win these hats will deserve them.

Again, I appreciate the thought. But I'd really rather this didn't happen. Give us the NGS. Not some watered down equivalent. It's too late to do this now.

Green 01-09-2020 10:01 PM

Quote:

Posted by Heeble (Post 829485)
We have no way to determine who puts in more effort because all these guilds just noob recruit. None of the guilds who will win these hats will deserve them.

Yeah it would be pretty hard to do. I thought that maybe tracking how long each player is active in a tower while their guild has control of it would be possible but what stops someone from just setting up a macro to not get marked as idle.

Perception. 01-09-2020 10:11 PM

The hat suck for real lol... I mean if the one who made it is too lazy let's just ask players.. or at least allow the guild with the most hours of the season to submit their hat...

Raeven 01-10-2020 01:01 AM

no thanks. will wait for actual NGS

Heeble 01-10-2020 03:43 AM

Quote:

Posted by Green (Post 829486)
Yeah it would be pretty hard to do. I thought that maybe tracking how long each player is active in a tower while their guild has control of it would be possible but what stops someone from just setting up a macro to not get marked as idle.

Or just make it so kicking people/leaving tag penalizes them in some way. Like a guild system that promotes loyalty. That would be great.

Green 01-10-2020 08:35 AM

Quote:

Posted by Heeble (Post 829492)
Or just make it so kicking people/leaving tag penalizes them in some way. Like a guild system that promotes loyalty. That would be great.

Oh right. I think I saw someone mentioning a loyalty system on the forums a whiiiile ago. Completely forgot about it.

Perception. 01-10-2020 10:18 AM

Quote:

Posted by Green (Post 829493)
Oh right. I think I saw someone mentioning a loyalty system on the forums a whiiiile ago. Completely forgot about it.

The system should put automatically a lit of the 50 members with the more hours.

System could (why not) count too the numbers of time a member up the flag ect.. and by how many points, this could decide which of two members helped the most ect..

And at least hat should be submitted by the guild again, like in the past, some of them dont want to tower hours to gain a Christmas hat lol.

Better stay in front of Arena and gain AP :)) (im joking dont take it serious)

David M. 01-10-2020 12:49 PM

I think the hat already being made is good, it’s the same with GST. If you don’t like it don’t compete for it. The fact this is implemented mid season when one guild has been dominating in a not very competitive time is quite unfair however.

Bryan* 01-10-2020 01:30 PM

Would be better if they implemented “towering coins” (kinda like spar coins) and use that in a shop. It would prevent x amount of people from being excluded due to favoritism. You would gain these coins for the amount of hours you gain in a fort and then the multiplier increases when you take other forts. For example, if your guild holds Mod and then takes Sards, the multiplier for gaining coins doubles (x2).

I do agree its unfair they implemented this midway through the season. It should start next season with the top 3 towering guilds receiving an exclusive hat and/or the rest of the guilds get a participation plaque.

GOAT 01-10-2020 02:48 PM

Fair?

I think it’s unfair that now tower guilds will have to compete with a whole bunch of hat chasers. This will ruin towering even more.

Remove hat reward