Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Zone (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Christmas Shop REFLECTION (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37661)

CodyGraal 12-27-2016 09:06 AM

Christmas Shop REFLECTION

This thread is for reflection on the most recent Christmas shop and Christmas event.

So to start it off timed events are terrible especially if its a one day deal that is hosted the same day as the holiday. Christmas is a huge time where lots of people are receiving all kinds of gifts, where family comes over, and where you overall have a good time. Most people aren't going to put in that free time and family time to log onto zone day one of the Christmas event. It really isn't smart to host an event the same day as the holiday. What should have been done is that Christmas gifts should have been released, and then the shop. The event could have carried on the day after and extending for a solid week.

As for the shop, I personally thought the level was really well done. Props to you ChubbyCatGamer. The weapons weren't really visually appealing to me, thats just a personal thing on my perspective. The hats were all lame especially those massive used condom like sock hats. The animations for the weapons, were garbage from what I heard from several people who bought the items. I didn't purchase it myself, but I will make sure to do so tonight or tomorrow that way I can give my own response to it.

Now touching up on the event itself and the entire loot box system. The first however will be the loot box. I thought the idea of a loot box was a dumb idea when I first heard it, however I held out to be optimistic about the concept. When I received 5 magical cookies around 6pm as a commiseration for the team being 4 hours late, I quickly categorized how the rest of this event would go. "Disappoint disappoint, disappoint all."

The event is trash, it was a cool concept but the execution was poor and late. Making players wait for something just builds anticipation, if you release trash after they waited so long, you are going to get bad results.

Improvements for the future could be maybe planning this more than two weeks in advance. I recommend a solid month maybe? Idk, a lot of this event was really half assed. Maybe take in player recommendations for ideas if yours will just be trash.

Fp* 12-27-2016 09:33 AM

I would of given my opinion about the event, though i couldn't take part as in germany the events started at 4 am (was meant to start at 00:00 but doesn't matter, delays happen) but i went to sleep st 3 am sooo

I think for next time, time based events should be...changed. Like maybe have it a day long or a few days long so everyone has a chance of getting stuff and enjoying themselves.

Shmegg 12-27-2016 11:05 AM

I'm going to say what I did like about the shop.

I really liked the levels, especially the lobby. The furniture room had quite a bit of empty space, but that's fine.

I bought the Jolly Flail and the Tree Dirk. I actually really liked the GANIs for both of them. If there's any problem with the GANI for the Flail, it's that the template doesn't have a smooth transition between the straight and bent views.

The lingering swing effect on the weapons was a nice addition. I haven't seen any other weapon quite have that effect yet; it's pretty original. A bit overdone, as it was added to every weapon, but that's fine I guess, considering they're all pretty much the same stat-wise.

There were a lot of good hats this year. I would have bought some had I had the money. Usually the holiday hats don't appeal to me, but I was quite surprised at how much I would have bought.

Overall, I thought Zone had a good Christmas shop.

CaptainOscar 12-27-2016 11:54 AM

Shmegg, if you don't mind me asking, what are we allowed to talk? Sure we must be allowed to criticize the staff in order for them to know what needs to be improved on. We need to be allowed ask simple questions such as is Blackfires unfit to even work for Zone due to him basically being unintelligent? (The answer is yes btw) It's vital that we ask questions in order for the team to improve...Crap criticism > no criticism

List 12-27-2016 12:26 PM

Yea xmas sucked and that was due to Silver suddenly becoming manager and not having any time to make something good. I bet that Chelt was making something before he came along, I wonder if it had 30k items and something similar to the Shark shop?

At the very least, the Holiday shop was really good. Props to Chubbs. The furniture is decent, and so are the hats. Same for weopons. I dont have ANY money so I couldnt buy anything.

But anyways, now the Event. I only got to play ot once, and I got trapped inside a wall. If the Event was using the Tileset, then I think its gonna look good. But not too much to say about it. Just a glorified showdown.

Sig. 12-27-2016 12:30 PM

Quote:

Posted by Shmegg (Post 751494)
I'm going to say what I did like about the shop.

I really liked the levels, especially the lobby. The furniture room had quite a bit of empty space, but that's fine.

I bought the Jolly Flail and the Tree Dirk. I actually really liked the GANIs for both of them. If there's any problem with the GANI for the Flail, it's that the template doesn't have a smooth transition between the straight and bent views.

The lingering swing effect on the weapons was a nice addition. I haven't seen any other weapon quite have that effect yet; it's pretty original. A bit overdone, as it was added to every weapon, but that's fine I guess, considering they're all pretty much the same stat-wise.

There were a lot of good hats this year. I would have bought some had I had the money. Usually the holiday hats don't appeal to me, but I was quite surprised at how much I would have bought.

Overall, I thought Zone had a good Christmas shop.

Only the idle GANI is good though it's done unclear; there's a black line appearing over and over again. The attack (looks like a basic 3 frames gani, woohoo) looks like you're using a staff or a ward, and not a flail. Kind of disappointed that the walk consists of the pasted melee and the usual walk animation, would be better if it was moving a bit to the right and to the left. Overall pretty mediocre, only the idle was nice.

About everything else: I like the levels, yet I feel like too many NPCs have been added to decorate it. Smaller levels would be better. Hats are done good besides the ***** sock and the ice cube hat. Though I have to agree, the shop isn't a disappointment.

Shmegg 12-27-2016 12:31 PM

Quote:

Posted by CaptainOscar (Post 751499)
Shmegg, if you don't mind me asking, what are we allowed to talk? Sure we must be allowed to criticize the staff in order for them to know what needs to be improved on. We need to be allowed ask simple questions such as is Blackfires unfit to even work for Zone due to him basically being unintelligent? (The answer is yes btw) It's vital that we ask questions in order for the team to improve...Crap criticism > no criticism

I have been nuking the Zone subforum a bit too much lately.
But a lot of people have been going overboard with their "criticisms" to the point where it's just straight up harassment of the other party.

Constructive Criticism: "This is what I would fix/work on, this is what you did good, etc."
Criticism: "I don't like x, you need to fix it."
Bad Criticism: "This is garbage, you're stupid, why would you even make this, etc."

I've been seeing a lot of the former lately. It seems that you guys don't even care about the actual quality of the work, it's just being insulted due to personal issues you all have with the creators.

Here is my criticism about your post about criticisms.
You say Blackfires is unfit to work for Zone because he is unintelligent. Okay, that's a bit rude. What's your evidence to support the idea that he's unfit/unintelligent? Try listing that instead of just name-calling him. That would be proper criticism. (And maybe try not to demean a person subjectively, criticize them objectively.)

And I don't agree with the "crap criticism > no criticism" sentiment. You should give ideas for the betterment of the thing you want changed. Currently, a lot of Zonians are just slandering each other and insulting works without any actual substance to their claims. Hardly anyone is offering a solution. (And, if it is, it's usually accompanied with a few insults.)

Yes, I agree with being able to criticize the staff team. I'm not trying to defend them in an "us vs. them" way; they can be just as guilty in this as anyone else. There has just been so much pointless negativity lately that it's just trashing the subforum. There could be so much improvement if all of the arguing stopped and people actually worked together for a solution.

Sorry, it's been a long night.

Shmegg 12-27-2016 12:36 PM

Quote:

Posted by Sig. (Post 751504)
Only the idle GANI is good though it's done unclear; there's a black line appearing over and over again. The attack (looks like a basic 3 frames gani, woohoo) looks like you're using a staff or a ward, and not a flail. Kind of disappointed that the walk consists of the pasted melee and the usual walk animation, would be better if it was moving a bit to the right and to the left. Overall pretty mediocre, only the idle was nice.

I hadn't actually noticed anything off about the GANIs until I saw everyone talking about them. Although, your post made me go back and look at the flail GANI, and I agree with you about the walk thing. I think a custom walking animation would have been cool.

Sig. 12-27-2016 12:41 PM

Quote:

Posted by Shmegg (Post 751507)
I hadn't actually noticed anything off about the GANIs until I saw everyone talking about them. Although, your post made me go back and look at the flail GANI, and I agree with you about the walk thing. I think a custom walking animation would have been cool.

Not really needed, just make the flail move 1-2 x to the left and to the right just like it's been done with the idle gani and it would already look better and more original. The walk gani provides enough frames so it shouldn't be an issue either.

CaptainOscar 12-27-2016 01:00 PM

Quote:

Posted by Shmegg (Post 751505)
But a lot of people have been going overboard with their "criticisms" to the point where it's just straight up harassment of the other party.

Constructive Criticism: "This is what I would fix/work on, this is what you did good, etc."
Bad Criticism: "This is garbage, you're stupid, why would you even make this, etc."

I've been seeing a lot of the former lately. It seems that you guys don't even care about the actual quality of the work, it's just being insulted due to personal issues you all have with the creators.

You say Blackfires is unfit to work for Zone because he is unintelligent. Okay, that's a bit rude. What's your evidence to support the idea that he's unfit/unintelligent? Try listing that instead of just name-calling him. That would be proper criticism. (And maybe try not to demean a person subjectively, criticize them objectively.)

And I don't agree with the "crap criticism > no criticism" sentiment. You should give ideas for the betterment of the thing you want changed. Currently, a lot of Zonians are just slandering each other and insulting works without any actual substance to their claims. Hardly anyone is offering a solution. (And, if it is, it's usually accompanied with a few insults.)

Yes, I agree with being able to criticize the staff team. I'm not trying to defend them in an "us vs. them" way; they can be just as guilty in this as anyone else. There has just been so much pointless negativity lately that it's just trashing the subforum. There could be so much improvement if all of the arguing stopped and people actually worked together for a solution.

Sorry, it's been a long night.

Under normal circumstances I'd agree with you completely. However, this is GraalOnline, where idiots run the place and people with actual intellect and logic are considered to either be "trolls" or "salty." I don't have to provide examples or evidence of any sense, because everyone already knows what I'm talking about. I might of over exaggerated when talking about Blackfires, is he a ******? Perhaps not. Is he extremely unfit to be manager? Agree with me or not, I don't think he is. Carlito --> Cheltterar --> Blackfires a chain of stupidity has been the backbone of Zone for far too long. @everyone do I need to elaborate on the latter?

Sig. 12-27-2016 01:01 PM

Quote:

Posted by CaptainOscar (Post 751519)
@everyone do I need to elaborate on the latter?

Not really, but please go ahead :drool:

PigParty 12-27-2016 01:03 PM

The whole christmas event sucked. Loot boxes were the only event for players to participate in and to get those, you were required to be on at very specific times on Christmas Day. Actually, Christmas Night. Or 3 AM for much of the playerbase. There was no diversity with the event times and they were average staff-hosted events. The shop was actually nice. Some hats sucked, but they always do. Some hats were pretty nice. I liked the weapons this time and I agree with shmegg that the jolly flail is my favorite but I think the animation sucks without having a bend view. Otherwise it looks like it goes from bent to straight and doesn't look like you're flinging a ball on a chain. The furniture was dissappointing as 80% of the items in the furniture shop were just re-used from past years and not purchasable. There were very few furniture items you could actually buy that were made this year. Granted, Zone's furniture decoration system sucks ass, so I'm not surprised that furniture didn't have that much priority. Honestly I would have much rather had a tiny shop with 1-2 weapons and 4-5 excellent-looking hats, and have had all the other items go into presents that people can buy prior to Christmas day and open up on Christmas. They obviously had the items to do that so I'm not sure why they strayed away from that Christmas event considering its been going on for years and on multiple servers and it works out great. When players have expectations of activities like they do for Christmas, a shop won't cushion that undelivered expectation. I was also disappointed that we literally had to wait until noon on Christmas day before ANYTHING happened - that is the shop, events, lootboxes, ice rink, etc.

Bryan* 12-27-2016 02:47 PM

Awaiting for thread to be closed by Shmegg, part of his tyranny.

PigParty 12-27-2016 04:27 PM

Quote:

Posted by Bryan* (Post 751532)
Awaiting for thread to be closed by Shmegg, part of his tyranny.

shmegg's a good guy, **** off

CodyGraal 12-27-2016 06:11 PM

Quote:

Posted by Shmegg (Post 751505)

Don't worry shmeggy <3 I'm already in preparing a new post with screenshots per individual apart of the staff team. That way I'm not deleted for including past team members. :)