Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Video Games (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   World Cup 2018 - Fantasy Football (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40544)

P1 06-03-2018 07:28 PM

World Cup 2018 - Fantasy Football

It's almost World Cup time, as is now tradition I've set up a 2018 World Cup Fantasy Football League. For the European Championship a couple years ago we had a lot of participants in a very competitive league, with Kouji winning overall. Hopefully he comes back to defend his crown. I've put the necessary information to join the league below, if you have any questions, post them in this thread. Good luck to all.

What is it?

World Cup 2018 Fantasy League is a game where points are given depending on real life performances of players in the World Cup that you have selected to be on your team of 11 players.

What are the rules?
  • You are given a total of £75 million to spend on 11 players
  • There are various formations that you can use
  • Before the tournament begins you're able to make unlimited changes however after Thursday 14th June at 4:00 PM (GMT+1) you will only be able to make 3 transfers per game week
  • The transfers are not accumulated, meaning you will still have that set number of transfer credits. If you don't use all 3 of your transfers for a game week they will not be carried over to the next game week
  • Do not pay for extra transfers like an idiot
  • Your players will be given points depending on performances, you need to have players in your team before kickoff in order to get points for them during the game
  • The value of players will increase or decrease depending on performances, meaning that you could sell a player for more or less that what you paid for them (can be especially useful when you pick out less well known players who go on to do well in the tournement, you'll be able to sell them for more than what you bought them for)
  • You can make scheduled transfers, so you can set it so that after a match or a certain time you automatically transfer a player and swap them for a different player (can be especially useful when there is more than one match a day)
  • You can make scheduled transfers for specific matches by going to Team > Scheduled > Selecting which match the player you want is playing in. E.g. If I wanted to make a transfer for Messi, I'd select the Argentina game and then select which player I want to transfer out for Messi
  • You can select a captain, the advantage of this is that whatever points your captain gets is doubled, this can work both ways so if your captain gets negative points, the negative points will be doubled and taken away from your overall points
  • You can have a maximum of 3 players in your team from a single country

How do I play?

You can play by downloading the Fantasy iTeam application, by searching "Fantasy iTeam" in either the Google Play Store or the App Store depending on which device you have. It will be the first result from the search.

Google Play Store

App Store

Getting Started

1) Once you've downloaded and opened the app you'll arrive at a screen, where you will be asked to make an account or use your Facebook account. For those of you who have previously participated you can use your previous login details.

2) Then after you've created an account you'll then be asked to select which tournament you want to participate in, select World Cup and move on to creating your team.

3) After you've created your Team go back to the main menu screen and select Mini League, you will be given an option to join a mini league. You can join the mini league I've created for Graal players by entering the PIN 7199 and requesting to join

The mini league also has a banter section where you can create discussion posts or polls for other members in the league to see.

Points Table
You can find out more details about the scoring system by going to Help in the main menu screen.

Prizes

Personally willing to gift the person who wins £10 gift card for amazon, Play store or the App store. Will probably also be able to gift $10 gift cards to Americans but I'll figure that out closer to the time.

Alex R 06-03-2018 07:52 PM

This was really good last time around, I'm in

Cxll 06-03-2018 11:56 PM

Gl noobs :33

Westbrook Graal 06-04-2018 01:46 PM

My man Alex_r told me abt this and leaked his roster to me. I've already began evaluating his strengths/weaknesses in order to 1up him and build a more complete team.

Alex R 06-04-2018 02:57 PM

perhaps u were mislead..

Vulcan Blaze 06-15-2018 08:16 PM

I took CR7 out of my team last minute, now I have -2 points. What a start :'(

Reggie* 06-16-2018 10:33 AM

They need this for computer tbh

Vulcan Blaze 07-02-2018 07:58 PM

I got rid of Fellaini, Pepe and Cavani before the final sixteen, I had all three for most of the matches before. All three have scored a total of 4 goals, I am so bad and mad urghhhh.