Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Why are people complaining? (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37943)

MisterFace 01-18-2017 10:17 PM

Why are people complaining?

Title.

They want back pyrat bay, but its literally the same thing with a different variety, and you dont have to do it in a cramped cave.

They always want new content, but when they get it they complain about it. Also, I find it a bit funny about 80% have around 200 hours...

Sig. 01-18-2017 10:32 PM

Quote:

Posted by MisterFace (Post 757605)
Title.

They want back pyrat bay, but its literally the same thing with a different variety, and you dont have to do it in a cramped cave.

They always want new content, but when they get it they complain about it. Also, I find it a bit funny about 80% have around 200 hours...

That's how it works. Invest hundred of hours working on something, release it and players still find ways to decrease the value of your voluntary work.

Perseus 01-18-2017 11:40 PM

Imo everything they have done to prepare for castle is "A" OK

Dusty 01-19-2017 12:21 AM

Admittedly right now bounties aren't as fast as pyrats were so I can understand their annoyance. Over the next says there will be more baddy killing areas and bounties will be balanced.

Aguzo 01-19-2017 01:07 AM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 757646)
Admittedly right now bounties aren't as fast as pyrats were so I can understand their annoyance. Over the next says there will be more baddy killing areas and bounties will be balanced.

Rats are generally found in sewers, so it wouldn't be a crime to place them in an area like this

http://i.imgur.com/aFjJmQp.png

I doubt that Nintendo could do anything about it

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda03/...ugh/01/018.png

Snow7 01-19-2017 01:21 AM

I think the main reason people are against this update is because of change. It's pretty normal for this intial response, just look at Valve's CS:GO and TF2. Both have gone through big updates over the last year or so and both communities have reacted in a similar way.

CS:GO added the new sounds for each weapon to 'modernise' the game to compete against other newer titles, but the community were quite unhappy with the changes (me personally I didn't like them either at first but wouldn't have gone on a rant about them, now that I've adjusted I'm good with it all and I understand Valve's reasoning behind the change). The one downside is, for whatever reason, Valve decided to add sounds by each weapon type across a series of updates which prolonged people being annoyed.

A similar thing happened with TF2 when they added the new competitive mode. Despite it being something the community knew was going to be added years in advance, there was still a backlash as it didn't really match the community's expectations. Months later there wasn't a lot of fixes relating to the update and overall people felt it was still unbalanced.

In conclusion, Valve made two poor choices when it came to implementing these updates, firstly they added the updates with CS:GO across a time period when the community's reaction was already negative and secondly they added a completely new feature to TF2 and didn't really address the community's suggestions on how to make it better. We already know that the devs are working on balancing out the issues the community has brought up so I think it will only be a matter of time before the complaining will all stop. At this stage it's just the initial shock of the game changing!

I also find that as a new player to Graal, I was somewhat startled by the changes - Pyrats are all I've known in my short time on the game and I got into the pattern of getting those eye patches every night. It's definitely going to take a while to get use to doing another quest compared to the Pyrat quest but I welcome the change! :)

Thallen 01-19-2017 01:37 AM

The only way I personally excuse removing the Pyrat Bay daily quest is if it was removed because it was creating server lag by forcing tons of people in a small number of levels, if it was removed for any other reason then I see it as a negative overall

Dusty 01-19-2017 02:40 AM

Quote:

Posted by Thallen (Post 757666)
The only way I personally excuse removing the Pyrat Bay daily quest is if it was removed because it was creating server lag by forcing tons of people in a small number of levels, if it was removed for any other reason then I see it as a negative overall

They're essentially the same quest. A daily reward for killing baddies... It's redundant and would in essence allow players to do the pyrat quest twice a day.

Thallen 01-19-2017 02:46 AM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 757673)
They're essentially the same quest. A daily reward for killing baddies... It's redundant and would in essence allow players to do the pyrat quest twice a day.

Well, it's only redundant because you chose to make the Castle daily quest relate to baddies! There were other ways to approach it, right? Why not:
  • Kill 100 players in MoD Town
  • Kill 75 players in Swamptown
That sort of thing. Or it could have dealt with bugs, or anything other than baddies to kind of spread the love around to other activities. I do agree that this quest is functionally way better than the Pyrat quest, but I was hopeful that something could have been added rather than replacing something that already exists.

I don't think people are complaining though, maybe just upset because they were looking forward to another daily quest so that they have more repeatable stuff to invest their time in rather than chatting and whatnot.

fp4 01-19-2017 02:51 AM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 757673)

I believe you mean we removed it because of lag.

4-Lom 01-19-2017 03:01 AM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 757646)

You're getting tired, hoss. Take it easy.

twilit 01-19-2017 03:02 AM

Quote:

Posted by fp4 (Post 757677)
I believe you mean we removed it because of lag.

What lag?
Spoiler
Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 641297)

Aguzo 01-19-2017 03:37 AM

Quote:

Posted by Thallen (Post 757676)
Well, it's only redundant because you chose to make the Castle daily quest relate to baddies! There were other ways to approach it, right? Why not:
  • Kill 100 players in MoD Town
  • Kill 75 players in Swamptown

How do you make it so people don't boost in pvp based activities, and cash in rewards much faster?

Only way I could see them doing something like this, is if they were to lower the rewards, and each activity gives you a set amount based on difficulty.

Would be cool to have things like spar 25x, pk 25x, bk 25x, bugs 25x, etc.
People would do the quests, and their daily quest limit would amount up to 1000g in rewards. Could be cool, and would probably prevent people from being able to boost for a quick 1k.

Quote:

Posted by Thallen (Post 757676)
That sort of thing. Or it could have dealt with bugs, or anything other than baddies to kind of spread the love around to other activities. I do agree that this quest is functionally way better than the Pyrat quest, but I was hopeful that something could have been added rather than replacing something that already exists.

I do agree that the activities should be spread out more, this was probably just a start, maybe. They would definitely have to test it, because sparring has been pretty dead for a long time. On some occasions, like on weekends, there is an increase, but not as much as there is for pve.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it would be difficult for players to win at least 10 spars (Especially if they were to add a "novices only" room. If they aren't good enough for it, then they will miss out on the portion of the 1k total daily gralats. Everything else should be fairly easier, since it's more of a grinding process.

Raeven 01-19-2017 03:43 AM

You can add Player killing bounties.. Given by the executioner. 200-500 gralats reward wouldn't hurt , or like 100 gralats every 200 player kills (and make this quest repeatable) idk just throwing in some ideas

Elk 01-19-2017 03:46 AM

Quote:

Posted by Aguzo (Post 757689)
How do you make it so people don't boost in pvp based activities, and cash in rewards much faster?

Unique playerkillcounts, or maybe 1 person can just amount for 2-5 or something