Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Creative Corner (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   GOING NOWHERE CLOTHING (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39177)

KnoCkem 06-07-2017 05:32 PM

GOING NOWHERE CLOTHING

I have been sketching up designs on my notepad for the past few weeks for a clothing brand (Streetwear in more particular) and today decided to put a few of them into ai and make them on the computer, these are what i came up with, i wanted some feedback and have posted them on reddit but wanted some feedback before i print them onto tee shirts

what are your guys feedback?? :):)

LINK: http://imgur.com/a/B1xXA

Will take any CC so feel free to say your opinion :D

Sardon 06-08-2017 02:19 AM

I like it but people wouldn't know what it stands for unless you put going nowhere in small below the Gn Logo

I would be interested to know what you used to produce that design

KnoCkem 06-08-2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Posted by Sardon (Post 785976)
I like it but people wouldn't know what it stands for unless you put going nowhere in small below the Gn Logo

I would be interested to know what you used to produce that design

I was thinking about putting the name below it, but i was debating if it would be a good way to start my brand with just brand based things and I don't think it would so I am just goingn to do designs, but sardon

I used photoshop CC for the circle logo and adobe illustrator for the eyes :)

Colin 06-09-2017 04:36 AM

No one is going to buy the first two, a weird low resolution logo that has no cool look or design to it plastered on a plain shirt is a horrible idea IMO.

The last one I can see people possibly buying, and you should stick with designs like that.

Xenice 06-09-2017 05:02 PM

Quote:

Posted by Colin (Post 786129)
No one is going to buy the first two, a weird low resolution logo that has no cool look or design to it plastered on a plain shirt is a horrible idea IMO.

The last one I can see people possibly buying, and you should stick with designs like that.

the last one? tff

Khai 06-10-2017 05:06 AM

I liked the eye. I'd cop it.

Colin 06-10-2017 09:58 AM

Quote:

Posted by Xenice (Post 786187)
the last one? tff

People buy weird simplistic stuff like that

Jared9 06-10-2017 10:07 AM

yeah the last one is what looks best imo. try and do a similar colourful version of the first two. the rough handrawn / sketch style looks cool. kinda resembles some of golf wang and illegal civilization's clothing

The Dark Roxas 06-10-2017 03:11 PM

Quote:

Posted by KnoCkem (Post 785860)
I have been sketching up designs on my notepad for the past few weeks for a clothing brand (Streetwear in more particular) and today decided to put a few of them into ai and make them on the computer, these are what i came up with, i wanted some feedback and have posted them on reddit but wanted some feedback before i print them onto tee shirts

what are your guys feedback?? :):)

LINK: http://imgur.com/a/B1xXA

Will take any CC so feel free to say your opinion :D

My friend is actually a graphic designer so I will try to give CC based off things I've seen from him (I can get his opinion too if you like). From what I can tell from your logo, it is super super simplistic, which is not a bad thing at all, but, you are using a "default font". It kind of takes away from the logo, looks bland/unprofessional. Try to make your own font/drawing out the letters yourself! It'll give your logo more of an identity. Maybe have the letters flow into the circle that encaspules it, just an idea. Make a bunch of different versions even if they have small little changes between them. My friend has at least 10-13 different versions of the same logo/design on one illustrator page. I actually really like the 3rd shirt for the reasons others have pointed out already! Good luck!

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

KnoCkem 06-10-2017 05:09 PM

Quote:

Posted by Jared9 (Post 786326)
yeah the last one is what looks best imo. try and do a similar colourful version of the first two. the rough handrawn / sketch style looks cool. kinda resembles some of golf wang and illegal civilization's clothing

i was going for a golf(golfwang the brand not the sport) type of style with the eyes because i really like tyler the creator and thanks for the feedback, will try to do a simpler version of the first two :P

Quote:

Posted by The Dark Roxas (Post 786361)
My friend is actually a graphic designer so I will try to give CC based off things I've seen from him (I can get his opinion too if you like). From what I can tell from your logo, it is super super simplistic, which is not a bad thing at all, but, you are using a "default font". It kind of takes away from the logo, looks bland/unprofessional. Try to make your own font/drawing out the letters yourself! It'll give your logo more of an identity. Maybe have the letters flow into the circle that encaspules it, just an idea. Make a bunch of different versions even if they have small little changes between them. My friend has at least 10-13 different versions of the same logo/design on one illustrator page. I actually really like the 3rd shirt for the reasons others have pointed out already! Good luck!

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Thank you and will do :D

Quote:

Posted by Khai (Post 786299)
I liked the eye. I'd cop it.

thanks :D and i was thinking about either embroidering it on the front and just that or maybe screen printing it on the front then maybe it bigger on the bag, just some ideas though :)

Quote:

Posted by Colin (Post 786129)

Ok and thanks

i just thought of a new shirt idea and have produced a few images of what i had in mind, a few different ideas, could change the font and pictures but the image of these shirts would be cheaters always win and have pictures of iconic sports players that have cheated before like barry bonds, alex rodriguez, and tiger woods (on his wife) lol. but i have sketched up a few ideas and please give some feedback on anything.

front and back image:
http://imgur.com/a/JLRUV

text on front image on back:
http://imgur.com/a/baHC0

blank back image and text on front:
http://imgur.com/a/pNUOs

those are the 3 ideas i have mocked up and whatevers on there would be the only things on there so like for the last one the back would be blank

please give cc :D

Khai 06-10-2017 09:44 PM

Screen print

Eugeen 06-10-2017 09:58 PM

Just looks like you have a shirt that implies black people cheat lol

KnoCkem 06-10-2017 10:26 PM

Quote:

Posted by Khai (Post 786400)
Screen print

ok lol

Quote:

Posted by Eugeen (Post 786403)
Just looks like you have a shirt that implies black people cheat lol

im not implying that lol

Eugeen 06-10-2017 11:36 PM

Quote:

Posted by KnoCkem (Post 786406)
ok lol

im not implying that lol

Wat? I'm saying the shirt implies it?
You have to try to realize what people on the streets would think of a shirt as it will be worn in public by a person.
For that whole reason it's not a good idea to wear a shirt with the picture of a black guy with the phrase "cheaters always win" below it.

You can't expect people outside to understand some random meme or whatever it is.

Plus, if you actually want to make sales then I doubt it would work very well when there's a high chance of negativity being sent towards the consumers for having said object

KnoCkem 06-12-2017 04:15 PM

Quote:

Posted by Eugeen (Post 786413)
Wat? I'm saying the shirt implies it?
You have to try to realize what people on the streets would think of a shirt as it will be worn in public by a person.
For that whole reason it's not a good idea to wear a shirt with the picture of a black guy with the phrase "cheaters always win" below it.

You can't expect people outside to understand some random meme or whatever it is.

Plus, if you actually want to make sales then I doubt it would work very well when there's a high chance of negativity being sent towards the consumers for having said object

I understand it would be offensive, but it said tiger woods and that's the phrase because he cheated on his wife, I don't think people would infer the shirt is saying black people cheat