Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Era Future Improvements (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Black Market (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7132)

Katniss 06-03-2012 06:40 PM

Black Market

Lots of the players have been requesting some sort of Trade option, or such that would let us give players other items. While I know this idea has been denied multiple times for multiple reasons (such as ruining our "economy" and such), we still should not throw it away completely. What I suggest is a "Black Market" - a 5 story abanded building which players can, in a sense, sell and buy items. Now - theres two ways we can do this.

If we are worried about the 'economy' of Era, we can do this: make a special Black Market Coin (BMC). You start out, with, say.... 1000 of the things, which an npc gives to you. Anything in the Black Market costs a certain amount of BMC, and you can sell things as well for BMC. This way, you have a way to gain BMC and lose BMC without fearing of ruining our precious so called 'economy'. There MAY or MAY NOT be a BMC to gralats converter, this would be up to whoever chose it. But, if we did end up using BMC, it would probably stay as BMC, for we don't want to screw around with our currency converting and such..

If you just want to do it normally, use regular Gralats. Sell things for gralats, buy things for gralats. Now let me go more in-depth on the idea, other than the currency we could use.

First Floor
On the first floor there would be the 'CEO's' table. He would sell you a booth set. You would be able to chose from 4 sizes: Small, which you could sell 5 items in at a certain time, and would cost 100 gralats/200 BMC, Medium, which you can sell 10 items at a time and would cost 200 gralats/400 BMC, Large, which you can sell 15 items at a time 300/600BMC, or Extra Large which you can sell 50 items in at a time and would cost 1000 Gralats/2000 BMC. (Im making up BMC prices, it wouldn't really matter... i dont know how that would work). You can also talk to several NPCs who explain things like (giving you/explaining BMC), how the whole thing works, and what you could sell.

Second Floor
On the second floor you can sell weapons. Any weapon thats in your inventory - from BARs to hunter's knives (though, maybe, EC prizes would not be sellable? SNK/other higher up staff would decide if it was. All together, we might not end up adding weapons to sell at all!). You can find an empty space, if there is one, and set up your set booth size. From there, a window pops up showing all the weapons you have, and lets you chose as many as you can put in depending on the size of your booth, and set your own prices. Other players could come, look at your items, select one (by the name of the item, perhaps the image of it next to it?), and press BUY in which they will recieve a confirmation of the price and whether they would like to buy it, and buy it. The item would be removed from the store, and added to the player's inventory.

Third Floor
Exlposives/Healables would be sold here. This would basically be a dump being that everyone has a TON of these, so im assuming they would go for rather ridiculously funny prices. The purchase/sell process would be the same as above.

Fourth Floor
Miscellaneous items would be sold here. Things from jump ropes to holiday items, to signs. Same purchase/sell process as above.

Fifth Floor
The dump. Basically, if you don't want to bother selling at item, you can grab a giant pile of stuff and add any item you want to it. You wouldn't get any money, and any items added to the dump would be free. This would nice for people who want to get rid of stuff they don't want - excessive C4 in your inventory? Add some here. A window could pop up either saying "add" or "take". If you press add, you can scroll through your inventory then choose the amount of an item you want to add. If take, you can look through a list of items and take something. Though, possibly, you can make it limited to 5 items per day? Or something like that.

Well, hope you liked my idea. On a side note, you wouldn't be able to trade items for other items, only gralats/BMC. Perhaps, if we could do BMC, after you gained a certain amount, you could enter a little side door and get a cute little item or something for free. I dunnnoo

Koolaid 06-03-2012 06:43 PM

Your admin why don't you add it ^.6 also snk did say selling weapons will never happen. ;/
But the dump one would be nice :D

Katniss 06-03-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Posted by Koolaid (Post 132805)
Your admin why don't you add it ^.6 also snk did say selling weapons will never happen. ;/

Because I can't dev, lat, script, or anything?

Koolaid 06-03-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Posted by Katniss (Post 132806)
Because I can't dev, lat, script, or anything?

How you admin then ;o

Katniss 06-03-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Posted by Koolaid (Post 132808)
How you admin then ;o

PR?...

maystro 06-03-2012 06:49 PM

nicely explained :0

Katniss 06-03-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Posted by maystro (Post 132818)
nicely explained :0

Thank you ^^

ZyKo 06-03-2012 06:51 PM

A trading system is soon to be realised on iClassic, hats, heads, bodys and gralats will be available to exchanged between players.

Katniss 06-03-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Posted by zenTurtle (Post 132821)
A trading system is soon to be realised on iClassic, hats, heads, bodys and gralats will be available to exchanged between players.

That's cool for classic, i guess - i mean, an actual update.

Ace 06-03-2012 06:53 PM

hmmm I should make the level but it would take me 6 years since I'm lazy...

Katniss 06-03-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Posted by Ace (Post 132825)
hmmm I should make the level but it would take me 6 years since I'm lazy...

Haha. I have an awesome vision for it but I can't LAT, as I use a macbook. I'd have to go over to my hackintosh and hackintosh is so glitchy :( i hate it

eric 06-03-2012 06:56 PM

kat is the most creative admin ive ever heard a tell of..... you should be promoted, your always coming up with new ideas and explaining every detail you can! this is an awesome idea!

Ace 06-03-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Posted by eric (Post 132832)
kat is the most creative admin ive ever heard a tell of..... you should be promoted, your always coming up with new ideas and explaining every detail you can! this is an awesome idea!

but hardly answers pms...When I said "glitch abuser here" no reply no action

Mofujohn 06-03-2012 07:04 PM

I really like this! The only problem is the gun/ec item trading, but that's it. Nice job!

Katniss 06-03-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Posted by eric (Post 132832)

Quote:

Posted by Ace (Post 132841)
but hardly answers pms...When I said "glitch abuser here" no reply no action

I go afk sometimes :( sorry

Quote:

Posted by Mofujohn (Post 132848)
I really like this! The only problem is the gun/ec item trading, but that's it. Nice job!

Thanks! And yeah, I mentioned those might not be implemented. Depends whether snk/whoever even WANTS to do this idea, and if they do, then they can decided whether or not to keep guns/ec item trading.