Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Zone FAQs and Guides (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Zone Weapon Stats (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24135)

Tashkin 04-15-2014 05:33 PM

Zone Weapon Stats

Ok so this has been requested many times. I have uploaded this to Google Drive and am going to allow you all to view it. I will try to keep this up to date with new released items as well. This document will not have any unreleased items on it. If you have questions post them here and I will help you.

Zone Weapon Stats Link

Vendetta 04-15-2014 06:00 PM

Very helpful, thanks.

Ghettoicedtea 04-17-2014 01:42 AM

Quote:

Posted by Tashkin (Post 467896)
Ok so this has been requested many times. I have uploaded this to Google Drive and am going to allow you all to view it. I will try to keep this up to date with new released items as well. This document will not have any unreleased items on it. If you have questions post them here and I will help you.

Zone Weapon Stats Link

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Time to go nerd mode.

oh boy I'm so excited, i haven't been this excited on graal since the rbi freeze wars

oh wow according to this chart the rippers received a not welcomed buff

Bleck3v3 04-17-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Posted by Ghettoicedtea (Post 468310)
THANK YOU SO MUCH

Time to go nerd mode.

oh boy I'm so excited, i haven't been this excited on graal since the rbi freeze wars
buff

That is how I felt aswell :3

Ok some theories/questions that I have that I want to know are true or not.

Gravity - Determines how the bullet will go once released from the gun. What can happen in between a 0.2-2 value can it add a new shooting style to zone when in between a new value?

Bullet frequency- Yes I know this is the firerate but how is this really determined say the AP rippers are .18 bulletpersecond. Is 0.18 a hundredth of a second value ?So that means that 0.18*40 = 7.2 seconds for a full clip to be used. Not including how tap fire is determined.

Bullet Distance- I see that there are values of 30-40 tiles in which a bullet can travel. Considering that a tile in graal is usually 16x16 pixels I would kind of find this useful to know since it would be a proportional value with bullet speed since there are different values such as 1-1.2 and the lower the number the faster the bullet. So a bullet with a 1.2 bullet speed does cover the same distance of a bullet with a 1 bullet speed but at a slower rate which must be known for pk reasons since players move at a speed of 1 tile aswell.

Bullet Spread - This is the one hardest to understand since it has so many technical properties. Bullets are measured in Radian and not Degrees so i wanna know what the difference is in a way relating to graal. I was searching up the differences in radiant and degrees to 1 radian is equal to 57.295?. I am referencing this theory off of this imagehttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...le_radians.gif Since when a player shoots its off this imagehttp://i.gyazo.com/ce03f9ff17ccc3f0394e3a5df92e9fa3.png
I want to know how these are really related. For values like 0.05 radian it is 2.86 Degrees. So is the randomness added to a bullet when shot that value?

That is pretty much my questions/theories i know i might not make some sense in some of these things but i tried my best lol

TLDR; Complicated stuff that probably isn't that complicated

Ghettoicedtea 04-17-2014 03:52 PM

no you're overcomplicating it. I think that the spread is the almost the same as eras spread. It says zones guns have WAY more spread but the hit sizes of the bullets are the exact same as era believe it or not.

Gravity I think would just effect the guns projectile path.

Bullet speed and distance though could be changed around. Zone could actually start making CQC based weapons that have only 10-20 tile range.

Bleck3v3 04-17-2014 04:02 PM

I already know what they do but I'm trying to go into greater detail to understand the actual systems properties.

Ghettoicedtea 04-17-2014 07:13 PM

Oh okay
well i can tell you about the bullet frequency is time. so yes, .18 seconds is .18 sec real time. So 7.6 does sound about right to fire off a full clip. It may not feel like it, but a second is a long time in games.

spread i have a theory on that how its calculated is by the tiles. So the Flame Pistol(wtf is that) and its .4 spread. A tile is 16 pixels. So out of one tile, and always assuming that the gun is at 0x (x=height of tile 16 in this case) the bullet will fire anywhere from a range of 4x to -4x and its chosen randomly.

Im still not on the same page as you for the bullet speed. It logically makes no sense that a lower speed is faster than the faster speed.

Bleck3v3 04-17-2014 10:11 PM

Quote:

Posted by Ghettoicedtea (Post 468549)
Oh okay
well i can tell you about the bullet frequency is time. so yes, .18 seconds is .18 sec real time. So 7.6 does sound about right to fire off a full clip. It may not feel like it, but a second is a long time in games.

spread i have a theory on that how its calculated is by the tiles. So the Flame Pistol(wtf is that) and its .4 spread. A tile is 16 pixels. So out of one tile, and always assuming that the gun is at 0x (x=height of tile 16 in this case) the bullet will fire anywhere from a range of 4x to -4x and its chosen randomly.

Im still not on the same page as you for the bullet speed. It logically makes no sense that a lower speed is faster than the faster speed.

The bullet speed is probably how many seconds it takes to cover one tile.

Tashkin 04-21-2014 06:25 AM

Gravity: Low gravity makes it fly straight and high gravity makes it curve like grenades.

Bullet Speed: Tiles per frames default 1. Typically this only has to do with missions. Lower the number the faster the bullet travels. So 1 should typically be faster than 1.2. Though the difference will probably not seem like much.

Bullet Power: Bullet Damage

Bullets Frequency: Rate of Fire, delay between shots in seconds. Lower the number the faster the bullet shoots out of your weapon. So 0.17 is going to be faster than 0.2.

Bullets Distance: How far the bullet will go. Distance is number of tiles. A tile is 16x16 pixels. Typically this only has to do with missions.

Bullets Spread: The bullets are not shooting exactly where you point, it adds some randomness. It's in radiant (not degrees). We usually keep this low around 0.1.

Recoil: Obviously pushes you back when you shoot. Higher the number the more it pushes you.

Shooter Hitpoints: Shooter takes damage, don't think this actually works and is not being used currently.

Attack Radius: This is only for melees and it's the distance in which you can hit a player.

Frenzy Bonus: After you kill somebody with a weapon that has Frenzy it lets your weapon do +1-2 damage.

Kamiroo Wolf 04-21-2014 06:26 AM

On stats it says watermelon gun is 7 damage but on game it says 8? So are the stats correct or the game description?

Tashkin 04-21-2014 06:31 AM

Quote:

Posted by Kamiroo Wolf (Post 469354)
On stats it says watermelon gun is 7 damage but on game it says 8? So are the stats correct or the game description?

Stats on this are what is in game.

Kamiroo Wolf 04-21-2014 06:32 AM

Alright, thanks Tashkin :D

Tashkin 04-21-2014 06:33 AM

Quote:

Posted by Ghettoicedtea (Post 468310)
THANK YOU SO MUCH
oh wow according to this chart the rippers received a not welcomed buff

The rippers haven't been changed since release. Those are the original stats.

Ghettoicedtea 04-21-2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

Posted by Tashkin (Post 469358)
The rippers haven't been changed since release. Those are the original stats.

ripper damage was advertised a 6.5

also im really skeptical of some stats such as the ROF on the snow rifle. This just looks super wrong since in game if you fire a photon and a snow rifle and according to the stats the photon and snow shoot the same, but the bullet amount decreases way faster on the snow than the photon. unless theres some really whack thing with auto guns.

Bleck3v3 04-22-2014 04:50 AM

Well any ways, guns have very interesting characteristics and I would love to see some stats go passed their usual standards to develop a new type of gun and playing style for players.